Showing results 1 to 25 of 214
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jim Ed
Forum: VW air cooled February 23rd 12, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 25
Posted By Jim Ed
So it's been a decade...

On Feb 23, 2:13*pm, Jim Ed > wrote:
> On Feb 21, 9:48*pm, Lauren Bailey > wrote:
>
> > Just wanted to drop in and say hi... I know a few of you are still out
Forum: VW air cooled February 23rd 12, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 25
Posted By Jim Ed
So it's been a decade...

On Feb 21, 9:48*pm, Lauren Bailey > wrote:
> Just wanted to drop in and say hi... I know a few of you are still out
> there from a long time ago. I checked and it's been right at...
Forum: VW air cooled February 9th 12, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Jim Ed
Ball Joint Q.

On Feb 9, 10:04*am, "Mr. K" > wrote:
> How difficult is it to press out/in ball joints ? '71 Ghia.
> --
> Karma, What a concept!

I haven’t done it but you would need to take out...
Forum: VW air cooled January 23rd 12, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Jim Ed
Clutch question.

On Jan 23, 2:52*pm, "Mr. K" > wrote:
> My type 1 has taken to not wanting to go into R. after sitting awhile.
> If I first put it in first then it goes into R. w/o a grinding.
Forum: VW air cooled January 11th 12, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Jim Ed
'71 Horn wiring Q.

On Jan 9, 11:08*pm, "Mr. K" > wrote:
> In article >,
> *Jan Andersson > wrote:

Forum: VW air cooled November 16th 11, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 43
Posted By Jim Ed
Yess! There is life..

On Nov 15, 8:24*am, " > wrote:

> sorry but traveling keeps me busy so you might have to wait for
> responces.

...traveling? They got you on the run?
Forum: VW air cooled November 8th 11, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Jim Ed
Baby food jar lids and ACVW's

On Oct 27, 8:07*am, "Mr. K" > wrote:
> not for purists. but did you know Gerber Baby food jar lids fit
> perfectly over the "clean air" outlets in the cooling shroud? for...
Forum: VW air cooled November 7th 11, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Jim Ed
71 Ghia - replaced brake light switch, now brake warning light iscoming on intermittently

On Nov 1, 4:40*pm, "Steve Mc" > wrote:
> Coincidence ?
>
> Could a faulty brake warning light switch cause that ?

This is a silly question but, did you bleed the brakes...
Forum: VW air cooled October 13th 11, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Jim Ed
Which Plug Wires To Use With A Tiger CDI?

On Oct 12, 1:55*pm, Jim Ed > wrote:
> My '73 Beetle has a Tiger CDI that I got from aircoooled.net about 10
> years ago.
>
> I am thinking of replacing the Jacob's plug wires with...
Forum: VW air cooled October 12th 11, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Jim Ed
Which Plug Wires To Use With A Tiger CDI?

My '73 Beetle has a Tiger CDI that I got from aircoooled.net about 10
years ago.

I am thinking of replacing the Jacob's plug wires with these:
Ignition Wires - Taylor 409 PRO...
Forum: VW air cooled September 30th 11, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Jim Ed
Why RAMVA has declined

On Sep 23, 10:15*am, KWW > wrote:
> Well folks. I can say from the perspective of myself and some local
> friends that once the ISPs quit providing Newsgroups it became...
Forum: VW air cooled September 14th 11, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Jim Ed
Just picked up a '71 Super Beetle with autostick

On Sep 13, 10:56*am, "Patrick O'Brien" > wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just came into this car and I am finding all sorts of little issues.
>
> ATF leaks. No idea where to start with...
Forum: VW air cooled July 10th 11, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Jim Ed
Off Topic - Which is the best headlight lense cleaner to use?

Which is the best headlight lense cleaner to use?
I suppose it would depend on whether or not they are made of
plastic.
This would be for a 1997 Dodge Caravan.
TIA!
Forum: VW air cooled June 23rd 11, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Jim Ed
air scoop design Q.

On Jun 23, 10:38*am, "mr. smarty pants" > wrote:
> summer time and I believe the 1776 needs more incoming air. since the
> engine lid vents were originally for a 40 h.p. engine ,...
Forum: VW air cooled June 17th 11, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Jim Ed
connecting fuel pump

On Jun 14, 8:43*pm, "Mel P." > wrote:
> Is fuel feed on bottom or top and vice versa for feed connection to carb?
>
> tia,
>
> --
> Mel

On my '73 Beetle, the bottom connection...
Forum: VW air cooled June 10th 11, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Jim Ed
Brake fluids

If the stop light switches are original, you might want to risk using
them.

On Jun 9, 6:37*pm, Jim Ed > wrote:
> You might as well also replace the stop light switches.
> I replace...
Forum: VW air cooled June 10th 11, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Jim Ed
Brake fluids

You might as well also replace the stop light switches.
I replace the stop light switches on my ‘73 Beetle about every 3
years. It seems that they go out not much longer after that.

Here’s the...
Forum: VW air cooled June 10th 11, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Jim Ed
Brake fluids

On Jun 9, 4:40*am, "John" > wrote:
> Got to replace a few brake hoses and noticed there are a few variants of
> brake fluid. Any more suited to old Vw,s than others?
> * * * * * *...
Forum: VW air cooled May 22nd 11, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Jim Ed
Mid America Motorworks Bought Out OEVEEDUB!

On May 20, 10:06*am, Jim Ed > wrote:
> I saw it in their new catalog.
> Mid America Motorworks bought out OEVEEDUB.
> Richard Davies now works for Mid America Motorworks.

I saw this...
Forum: VW air cooled May 20th 11, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Jim Ed
Mid America Motorworks Bought Out OEVEEDUB!

I saw it in their new catalog.
Mid America Motorworks bought out OEVEEDUB.
Richard Davies now works for Mid America Motorworks.
Forum: VW air cooled May 12th 11, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Jim Ed
Heater Boxes - Which Are The Best?

Which are the best heater boxes to buy?

I am currently using the Dansk made heater boxes.

TIA!
Forum: VW air cooled May 10th 11, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Jim Ed
Where Did everyone Go?

What other aircooled vw newsgroups do you view?
TIA!
Forum: VW air cooled April 19th 11, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Jim Ed
fuel pump pin falling out?

http://shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=134550

Marc wrote:...the Brosol Brazilian work OK - sometimes the pivot pin
fit isn't as tight as it should be (some folks put a blob of epoxy or
JB...
Forum: VW air cooled March 27th 11, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Jim Ed
Which Battery Will Fit My 1973 Beetle?

On Mar 26, 12:08*pm, Jim Ed > wrote:
> Where can I get one?
> TIA!

So far I have found a Group 42 battery at Advance Auto, Batteries
Plus, and at Sears.
Forum: VW air cooled March 26th 11, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled