Showing results 1 to 25 of 35
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: CWLee
Forum: Ford Explorer July 20th 10, 08:18 AM Posted to alt.auto.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer,rec.autos.makers.ford.truck
Replies: 2
Posted By CWLee
Wonderful New For Explorer!

"C. E. White" > wrote:

"The new Ford Explorer is the best thing since sliced
bread" - or something like that.

I have two questions:

1. Does it have a full-sized...
Forum: Ford Explorer June 11th 10, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By CWLee
Fuel Gauge problem

"Richard" > wrote:

> My fuel gauge has quit working. A few weeks ago after
> filling up
> the gauge took a few min. to go back up to full. This
> fill up it
> pegged below...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 2nd 10, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By CWLee
diagnose this

"Ulysses" > wrote

> Just curious, but did you have intake manifold gasket
> leaks and NO coolant loss or white smoke at startup? I'm
> having trouble imagining a manifold...
Forum: Technology April 2nd 10, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By CWLee
diagnose this

"Ulysses" > wrote

> Just curious, but did you have intake manifold gasket
> leaks and NO coolant loss or white smoke at startup? I'm
> having trouble imagining a manifold...
Forum: Technology March 1st 10, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By CWLee
and the car caved in.

> wrote

> I wonder what kind of a car that was?

Probably a convertible.
Forum: Technology March 1st 10, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By CWLee
Toyota Brake Light Switch Thingie

"M.M." > wrote:

> ... But there's a little plastic grommet like thing that
> snaps into a hole in the brake pedal arm that the switch
> plunger is supposed to contact when the...
Forum: Ford Explorer February 24th 10, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By CWLee
Engine Designation Question

I have two Ford Explorers (1999 & 2000). The two engines
LOOK different, but that may be just because certain
non-engine items were rearranged or redesigned between the
1999 model year and the...
Forum: Technology December 22nd 09, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By CWLee
Closure on: Checking for Recalls?

"C. E. White" > wrote:

> Don't know why it smashed everything together...
>
> The long version:

Forum: Technology December 20th 09, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By CWLee
Checking for Recalls?

"C. E. White" > wrote:

Forum: Technology December 20th 09, 08:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By CWLee
Checking for Recalls?

Is there a website at which one can input a Ford VIN code
and learn, for that specific vehicle, which recalls apply to
it and which of those recalls have been completed? I
suspect Ford dealers...
Forum: Technology November 23rd 09, 08:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By CWLee
Ford's "Easy Fuel" capless fuel filler?

"Mike Romain" > wrote:

> Well then Ford would have totally screwed up wouldn't they
> have.
>
> It is 'very' unlikely that your interpretation of 'size'
> is right.

Forum: Technology November 22nd 09, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By CWLee
Ford's "Easy Fuel" capless fuel filler?

As the OP I thank you guys for your comments and
speculation. Let me try to focus the responses a bit.

First, I don't think the diameter of the gas pump
nozzle or the gas can nozzle is the issue...
Forum: Technology November 21st 09, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By CWLee
Ford's "Easy Fuel" capless fuel filler?

I just learned that the 2010 (and perhaps earlier) Ford
Explorers, and other Ford models, have what Ford calls
"Easy Fuel" capless fuel fillers. As near as I can
tell, instead of unscrewing a...
Forum: Technology September 23rd 09, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By CWLee
New Tire - Must Be On Rear?

"Nate Nagel" > wrote

> Where was this? That doesn't even make sense.

I'm the OP, and the Costco was located in Torrance,
California, a suburb of Los Angeles.
Forum: Technology September 23rd 09, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By CWLee
New Tire - Must Be On Rear?

6 months ago got a set of 4 new tires at Costco. 5000 miles
later one tire, right front, failed. Costco replaced it,
charging me about $30 for my tread wear. So far so good.

Then Costco said it...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 24th 08, 06:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By CWLee
Flex = New Explorer?

A few days ago I read an article about Ford's new Flex,
which I have yet to see but I'm told it is in dealerships
now. (I have two Explorers ('99, '00) and have been driving
Explorers for about a...
Forum: Ford Explorer May 10th 08, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 6
Posted By CWLee
Engine Warmup?

I'd like to know both the conventional wisdom about, and the
common practices you guys use, starting your Explorer after
it has been sitting outside all night in 40-60 degree temps.

Some of my...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 24th 07, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By CWLee
95 Door Keypad Issue

> wrote

> You will also need to ground the passenger seat to the
> rail it travels on to prevent it from happening again.

Why?

I'm not disputing your response, just curious...
Forum: Ford Explorer November 5th 07, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 0
Posted By CWLee
test - please ignore.

test - please ignore.
Forum: Ford Explorer July 26th 07, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By CWLee
How to adjust rear door opening height?

"Bill Jeffrey" > wrote:

> OK. How about stapling/screwing/gluing the box to the
ceiling, so it is
> always in place - even if you forget? Or your hands...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 23rd 07, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By CWLee
How to adjust rear door opening height?

"blueheron" > wrote

> I was hoping
> someone here could ... share
> their knowledge on how to adjust the opening height so
that it stops at a
> lower level.

I have the...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 21st 07, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 12
Posted By CWLee
Closure on '99 Explorer - Several Questions

wrote:

> Here is one location where you can download the User
Manual:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owners_manuals/default.asp

Bingo!

The owner's manual...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 21st 07, 08:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 12
Posted By CWLee
'99 Explorer - Several Questions

Thanks, Jerry. I'm beginning to suspect my owner's manual
was designed for the Australian market. I find a couple of
references in it to adjusting the compass for different time
zones in Australia...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 21st 07, 06:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 12
Posted By CWLee
'99 Explorer - Several Questions

"Tom from WI" wrote

> "> 2. Is it possible to change the factory set entrance
code
> > on the 5-button panel on the outside of the driver's
door?
> This has got to be in the owners manual. At least...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 21st 07, 06:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 12
Posted By CWLee
'99 Explorer - Several Questions

Thanks - I'll keep checking the grocery stores, but around
here there are only 2 or 3 chains to check.

"Tom from WI" > wrote...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 35