Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike Romain[_5_]
Forum: Jeep December 30th 09, 12:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 11
Posted By Mike Romain[_5_]
fuel pump for 98 TJ

They have to go in on a certain angle so the float clears everything.
Do you remember which way the tubes out the top were pointing? It might
only be a twitch to either side of the way you are...
Forum: Technology December 21st 09, 01:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By Mike Romain[_5_]
Energy saving traffic lights don't melt snow/ice, causing accidents

Vic Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 00:23:57 +0000 (UTC), Tegger >
> wrote:
>
>> My car has frameless windows. When we get the ice-sheet stuff, I can't even
>> open my doors...
Forum: Technology December 20th 09, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Mike Romain[_5_]
Checking for Recalls?

CWLee wrote:

> Is there a website at which one can input a Ford VIN code and learn, for
> that specific vehicle, which recalls apply to it and which of those
> recalls have been completed? I...
Forum: Technology December 19th 09, 12:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:
> www.newsrunner.com/topic/nation/280640285/0
>
> That is ''progress'', and those energy saving home flourescent light
> bulbs, ''progress''.
> Who needs that crap?
> I...
Forum: Jeep December 10th 09, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 24
Posted By Mike Romain[_5_]
98 TJ will not start

Is there not a relay for the pump? I think I would swap that first just
to see.

Mike
2000 Cherokee Sport
86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG AT's, 'glass nose to tail in '00
'New' frame and everything...
Forum: Technology November 23rd 09, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Mike Romain[_5_]
Ford's "Easy Fuel" capless fuel filler?

CWLee wrote:
If a nozzle or foreign tube of a
> different size - a diesel nozzle or plastic hose, for
> example - is placed in the filler neck of a gasoline-powered
> vehicle, the latches will not...
Forum: Technology November 22nd 09, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Mike Romain[_5_]
Ford's "Easy Fuel" capless fuel filler?

Well then Ford would have totally screwed up wouldn't they have.

It is 'very' unlikely that your interpretation of 'size' is right.

Size of fuel fillers is the diameter, not the length.

Give us...
Forum: Technology November 21st 09, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

CWLee wrote:

> Here is the potential problem I'm wondering if any of you have faced.
> The website also suggests that gas can be placed into your tank ONLY
> with a properly sized nozzle from...
Forum: Jeep November 16th 09, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 21
Posted By Mike Romain[_5_]
Just checking in

Hey Earle, how's it hanging?

Mike
2000 Cherokee Sport
86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG AT's, 'glass nose to tail in '00
'New' frame and everything else in '09. Some Canadian Bush Trip and
Build Photos:...
Forum: Jeep November 13th 09, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Mike Romain[_5_]
Detecting An Affair - How To Discretely Find Out!

Susan wrote:
> Get step-by-step tactics for discovering whether your partner is
> cheating or not,

Hubby ditched ya eh. No wonder, Spammers are scum and you certainly fit
in there. LOL!

Mike
Forum: Jeep November 12th 09, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By Mike Romain[_5_]
Microwave Motion Sensor= SPAM

Can; sell your crap in the real world eh? Only failed companies that
sell total garbage have to Spam Usenet looking for suckers.

Mike

Nilma Shehrawat wrote:
<SPAM SNIPPED>
Forum: Jeep November 6th 09, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By Mike Romain[_5_]
1996 XJ Clunk, Clunk, Clunk

Well my front axle slip joint throws grease around.

The front diff doesn't have grease, it has gear oil....

The front driveshaft shouldn't be moving at all when you are driving on
the street, but...
Forum: Jeep November 4th 09, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike Romain[_5_]
Starter Shims

Ok, I was mistaken about the 304 it would seem, that starter does bolt
up to the block and can use shims, thanks for the info Bill.

Mike

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:
> Hi Joe,
Forum: Jeep November 3rd 09, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike Romain[_5_]
Starter Shims

You are not supposed to need them on an AMC engine. You can't use them
on my 258 because the starter bolts 'into' the bell housing, it doesn't
bolt 'up' to the block lie a GM one does. This means...
Forum: Jeep November 3rd 09, 12:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike Romain[_5_]
Wagoneer Rear Window Defogger

As others have mentioned, what 'flavor' of 'Wagoneer' is always a good
thing to post. For instance I own a 'Laredo' Jeep.

On our 88 'XJ' Cherokee, the fuse itself had corroded legs on it that...
Forum: Jeep October 31st 09, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike Romain[_5_]
HAAPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY!

wrote:
> I hope all you folks have a good time and stay safe everyone!
>
> Cheers
>
> Ry'&Jen

Same to you and yours!

I wanted to go as Frankenstein, but am new in the neighborhood...
Forum: Jeep October 31st 09, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By Mike Romain[_5_]
1996 XJ Clunk, Clunk, Clunk

Muffler or tailpipe hitting? That is common.

The rear driveshaft has a slip joint on some that needs greasing
regularly or it can clunk.

A blown shock bushing or shock can also clunk.

A blown...
Forum: Technology October 31st 09, 11:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Mike Romain[_5_]
can new tires really reduce mileage?

Tom wrote:
> I'd think that new tires = greater traction = less mileage
>
> but my 2002 3.1L Buick Century V6 went from ~32mpg to ~27mpg hiway. Can new
> tires really make it drop that much? I had...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18