Showing results 1 to 25 of 149
Search took 4.29 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Earle Horton[_20_]
Forum: Jeep January 16th 08, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
Leaky output on xfer case

Well one can always hope for the best. I have seen fishing line, grass
or just dirt take out this kind of seal. When you're looking for
causes, the condition of the yoke, where the seal rides on...
Forum: Jeep January 16th 08, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 11
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
It's been quite a few years!

I see you've already met some of our new group members. :o)

Welcome back.

Cheers,

Earle

"Goat Crapp" > wrote in message
Forum: Jeep January 16th 08, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
4 wheel drive/lack of 4 wheel drive problem, 95 YJ

Got any photos of the carnage?

I suspect your shifter is installed wrong. What you say is 2 wheel
drive, sounds like 4 high. What you say is 4 high and 4 low, sounds
like neutral. It sounds like...
Forum: Jeep January 3rd 08, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 30
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
bright yellow fluid leak ! -- Update

I happened to spill some fresh gear lube, Valvoline Semi-Synthetic 80w90
to be exact, on some snow today and damned if it doesn't look bright
yellow.

Cheers,

Earle

"Dave Milne"...
Forum: Jeep January 3rd 08, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
Clutch problem, please help!

Heh, there's a zillion parts in the picture Bill posted, with lots of
different model years represented. I'm thinking the OP has part number
20, "Pivot, Clutch Slave Cylinder: 1980-86 CJ 4 & 6 (not...
Forum: Jeep December 27th 07, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 130
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
OT, gas prices.

"XS11E" > wrote in message
> "Frank_v7.0" > wrote:
>
> > Show Low Arizona is hovering around $3.02, but last...
Forum: Jeep December 27th 07, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 130
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
OT, gas prices.

A friend who travels there regularly says it is $8.00 a gallon in Oslo.
He got one of those deals where you go, buy a Volvo, drive it around and
finally import it as a used car. Volvos don't exactly...
Forum: Jeep December 21st 07, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 105
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
Should I sell my Jeep wrangler?

I put a bag of Home Depot gravel on the passenger's side floor and
another in the rear cargo area. These are my new "secret friends". Now
I hardly need four wheel drive. It was pretty bad here...
Forum: Jeep December 20th 07, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 10
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
2001 cherokee sport cylinder head

"jeep" > wrote in message
> been looking around and seeing isolated remarks about
> the cylinder head for the six in the 2001 cherokees.
Forum: Jeep December 19th 07, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.autos.subaru,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.volvo,alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 5
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
About the GPS management software

"Frank" <frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet> wrote in message
> Jeff Strickland wrote:
> > Posting commerical posts to a Usenet newsgroup is very...
Forum: BMW December 19th 07, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.autos.subaru,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.volvo,alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 3
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
About the GPS management software

"Frank" <frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet> wrote in message
> Jeff Strickland wrote:
> > Posting commerical posts to a Usenet newsgroup is very...
Forum: Jeep December 19th 07, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 15
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
Putting a newer 2006 Wrangler 4cyl engine in a 1990 wrangler..

"NewbieJeepGuy" > wrote in message
> Main reason for the replacement right now is monday (I think but...
Forum: Jeep December 19th 07, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 30
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
bright yellow fluid leak !

Do you know the Newfoundland remedy for chapped lips?

You stick your finger up your horse's butt and then rub it all over your
lips. It doesn't really do anything for the lips, but it sure as...
Forum: Jeep December 19th 07, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 30
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
bright yellow fluid leak !

"Fadi" > wrote in message

> i tried starting the car in the evening and it just worked... i think
> my...
Forum: Jeep December 18th 07, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 15
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
Putting a newer 2006 Wrangler 4cyl engine in a 1990 wrangler..

Anything is possible. I would reject this project though. Would you
know how to connect the 4 cylinder's computer and sensors into your 1990
vehicle's wiring system? How about its more modern and...
Forum: Jeep December 18th 07, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 30
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
bright yellow fluid leak !

"Fadi" > wrote in message

> could it be from the battery ?
>
> my car didn't start this morning :( ... when...
Forum: Jeep December 18th 07, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 30
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
bright yellow fluid leak !

Brown fluid can stain snow yellow when diluted. Also if you have taken
college chemistry you could have some chromatography going on. A patch
in the front center could be coming from the front...
Forum: Jeep December 18th 07, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 105
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
Should I sell my Jeep wrangler?

Lots of snow in my front yard, maybe three feet. More coming, they say.
I like snow.

Cheers,

Earle

"Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message
Forum: Jeep December 14th 07, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 136
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
Jerk & Pull

Dave,

Good one. No the problem isn't that they have single letter middle
names, it is that they have to send complaints to the district attorney
before taking any action. One can't hold a suspect...
Forum: Jeep December 13th 07, 05:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 136
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
Jerk & Pull

"Bill IS a moron"... Naw, he's just been suckered. The guys that
suckered him don't have a clue about anything, I am afraid, except
suckering people. Well, I got rid of my own little stalker, for...
Forum: Jeep December 9th 07, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 39
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
Socks

"Kate" > wrote in message

> "Socks" > wrote in message
Forum: Jeep December 8th 07, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
clearing MIL codes

Write down favorite radio frequencies first.

Cheers,

Earle

"DougW" > wrote in message
> philthy wrote:
> > it will take...
Forum: Jeep December 8th 07, 06:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
rotor and cap have short life...

Some pitting is normal. Improving mileage on a 4.0 L Cherokee is a pipe
dream. If you think the wear is more than normal, then the only way to
tell really is to have someone hook the vehicle up to...
Forum: Jeep December 8th 07, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
Help!: Engine Wiring Harness '93 YJ

"gavilan1" > wrote in message
> On Dec 7, 2:09 pm, PeterD > wrote:
> > On Fri, 7 Dec...
Forum: Jeep December 6th 07, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By Earle Horton[_20_]
high speed glazing

Usual suspects first, plug wires, new plugs, distributor cap and rotor.
Then a compression test. If #4 is low, and a squirt of oil brings it
up, then consider a hotter plug, maybe. I'll bet it is...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 149