Showing results 1 to 25 of 73
Search took 1.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Darus
Forum: Simulators March 22nd 08, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 19
Posted By Darus
Best current F1 sim?

On Mar 22, 2:35*am, (Andrew
MacPherson) wrote:
> (Ronald Stoehr) wrote:
> > If they offer 20 different meals, you'll rather eat
> > somewhere...
Forum: Simulators March 10th 08, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 32
Posted By Darus
Arca SimRacing 2008 arrived today.

On Mar 10, 12:58*am, Backspace > wrote:
> Larry wrote:
> > 1. *Controller setup. *It's still too finicky. *You have to fiddle and
> > fiddle and fiddle and fiddle until you stumble...
Forum: Simulators March 1st 08, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 8
Posted By Darus
GPL - Your experience with it.

For me, GPL was always the mountain I could never scale. I never went
negative overall (did manage to get a few of the individual tracks)
and the Ring frustrated me to no end. But, despite all that,...
Forum: Simulators January 5th 08, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By Darus
NR2003 For Sale

On Jan 5, 11:04*am, "Bob V" > wrote:

> Just a tip. *You better not try to charge more than the stated $10.00 S&H
> charge, regardless of what you say in the body of your auction....
Forum: Simulators January 5th 08, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By Darus
NR2003 For Sale

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180201816617&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=008

I am selling a copy of NR2003 for anyone interested. All details are
in the description.
Forum: Simulators November 14th 07, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 26
Posted By Darus
How to drive a race car without spinning out?

All great tips for beginners. "Going Faster" is a great read and if
your interest in sim racing continues it will give
some good advice to extract a bit more speed. My number 1 rule...
Forum: Simulators October 28th 07, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 9
Posted By Darus
NR2003

Well, they were (or supposed to be) shut down, but for the last
several weeks, our league has been running via Sierra without so much
as a hiccup. Friday night (10/26) was the last night we ran,...
Forum: Simulators October 14th 07, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By Darus
VHR Stockcar Series Starting Soon

Forgot to add this info:

1. We are still running the 1.250 version, not the 1255F patch. We are
waiting on addtional feedback about the patch.

2. The VHR mod can be had at: ...
Forum: Simulators October 14th 07, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By Darus
VHR Stockcar Series Starting Soon

Just an FYI...the first races are tonight, Sunday Oct. 14 starting at
7:30pm ET. Head right to the server "MERLracing" and join us. See what
we are all about and get to know some of the drivers. If...
Forum: Simulators October 6th 07, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By Darus
VHR Stockcar Series Starting Soon

MotorSports Evolution Racing League (MERL) is forming a short series
to test and evaluate the merits of the VHR Stockcar mod for rFactor.
In limited online testing we have found this to be the best...
Forum: Simulators August 11th 07, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 9
Posted By Darus
The "Bitch" cometh

ROFL!

On Aug 10, 6:07 pm, wrote:

> Hillary helped me find the perfect line through the bridge turn at
> Road Atlanta. I asked Rudy if there was a better line and he told me
Forum: Simulators August 10th 07, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 9
Posted By Darus
The "Bitch" cometh

Great. Another tool who posts political BS in a sim racing newsgroup.
Just what we need.

Maybe it's just me. Perhaps I need to post in a PoliSci newsgroup to
find out how to calibrate a TSW wheel...
Forum: Simulators August 6th 07, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 16
Posted By Darus
Robbie Gordon drives just like any simracer

If it was anyone but Robby Gordon, I'd probably listen to his
explanation and maybe even sympathize with him.
No doubt his spotter told him that all hell was breaking loose behind
him, so he knew the...
Forum: Simulators July 21st 07, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 8
Posted By Darus
End of the (sim) world....

On Jul 20, 7:44 pm, Gladiator > wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 03:44:25 -0700, Darus >
> wrote:
>
> >Uh, yeah. I posted it.
>
> >Are you implying that after 4...
Forum: Simulators July 20th 07, 11:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 8
Posted By Darus
End of the (sim) world....

On Jul 20, 5:27 am, Gladiator > wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 05:34:30 -0700, Darus >
> wrote:
>
> >Huh? How so?
>
> Did you read the link?

Uh, yeah. I posted...
Forum: Simulators July 19th 07, 01:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 8
Posted By Darus
End of the (sim) world....

On Jul 18, 3:36 am, Gladiator > wrote:

> And thank you for ****ing us over.

Huh? How so?
Forum: Simulators July 18th 07, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 8
Posted By Darus
End of the (sim) world....

http://www.sierra.com/en/home/news/product_news/071607_-_sierra_heritage.html
Forum: Simulators July 13th 07, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By Darus
RSC Forums down?

On Jul 12, 9:22 pm, wrote:
> Hi guys, Anyone else having a problem with RSC Forums besides me?

They are moving to a new server. Expect problems until they are back
up.
Forum: Simulators July 11th 07, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 35
Posted By Darus
What The?? Nobody cared... Dirt is out?

On Jul 11, 7:08 am, no@email (Remco Moedt) wrote:
..

> I guess we're all waiting for iRacing. I think that will be a
> revolution in simracing.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Remco
Forum: Simulators June 24th 07, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By Darus
Arca Sim ??

On Jun 22, 11:03 pm, deadguy3 > wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 00:35:53 -0000,
>
> sparadise wrote:
> > Anyone have a clue when the Arca Sim will be released ? I realize
Forum: Simulators May 31st 07, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By Darus
The liberal losers hate Memorial Day eh...

On May 27, 1:33 pm, "Mitch_A" > wrote:

a bunch of crap.

Sometimes Mitch (aka "Archie") makes me laugh with his rants.

This isn't one of those times.

Mitch...can you hear...
Forum: Simulators May 21st 07, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Posted By Darus
why EA cant make a good nascar sim

Well, I was bitter before when I got suckered on NSR, but
THIS....well...this looks like money! </sarcasm>

How is even possible that NO ONE to date has released a stock car sim
as slick as NR2003 is...
Forum: Simulators April 29th 07, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 0
Posted By Darus
NR2003 Live Broadcast Event from Daytona

Checkered Flag Racing League - www.cfrlracing.com

Discount Diecast.biz 200 Presented by Zendogz.com

June 23, 2007 - Practice at 7pm Eastern, Qualifying at 8pm Eastern

NR2003 Cup mod 80 laps, 200...
Forum: Simulators April 24th 07, 12:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By Darus
No more stink

On Apr 23, 8:39 pm, "Mitch_A" > wrote:

> As an LAPD training officer, I was pressured to pass dangerous recruits
> simply because they were the right color and gender.

So...
Forum: Simulators March 6th 07, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 10
Posted By Darus
NR2003 Still amazing

One man's take on the TPSCC mod. For whatever I cannot get the
steering to be as precise as it is in NR2003. I have made some
improvements over the last weeks and it's "better", but I still spend
far...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 73