Showing results 1 to 25 of 200
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul in Houston TX[_2_]
Forum: Technology April 1st 21, 05:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Mice

wrote:
> I've had a mouse/mice under the hood. I've heard dryer sheets will deter them, any other suggestions? Besides a pellet gun or other fire arm.........

Mothballs.
Forum: Technology March 25th 21, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 6
Blended synthetic motor oil

mike wrote:
> Up until this month I always bought the dino juice at Costco on sale
> which a
> few cases of lasted me until the next Costco dino juice gas engine oil
> sale.
>
> Now that Costco no...
Forum: Technology March 24th 21, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 114
Conventional oil hard to find?

mike wrote:
> On 23-03-2021 21:24 Paul in Houston TX > wrote:
>
>> I don't go to Costco.
>
> Where do you get full synthetic oil at API SP quality for ~$2.50/quart?

I get mine...
Forum: Technology March 24th 21, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Cross rotation of wheels

Robin Goodfellow wrote:
> Ever since I ditched Chrysler/Dodge in the 70s I've had Japanese sedans.
> They don't require fancy tires and they allow cross rotation patterns.
>
> Every change of...
Forum: Technology March 24th 21, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

mike wrote:
> On 22-03-2021 22:36 Paul in Houston TX > wrote:
>
>> Stores here have lots of dino oil.
>
> Did you check your local Costco?
>
> They showed me the green screen of...
Forum: Technology March 24th 21, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Brake caliper torque

mike wrote:
> On 22-03-2021 21:04 Ken Olson > wrote:
>
>>> Given a normal strength male and a normal sized socket wrench handle
>>> is it even possible to overtorque steel on...
Forum: Technology March 22nd 21, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

mike wrote:
> Kids are on spring break so I changed their oil & filters.
>
> Bought Costco oil but to my surprise they no longer sell dino juice.
> Bought Mobil 1 oil filters at Walmart but they...
Forum: Technology February 25th 21, 04:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
adjust toe in degrees to centerline

paul wrote:
> For general purpose adjustment of toe at home what do you use?
>
> The problem with using string is it has to bend under the engine.
> The problem with inches is that often toe is...
Forum: Technology January 27th 21, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
12vdc car battery charger

alan wrote:
> My 40 year old steel case 6 amp automotive battery charger finally died.
> I only want to replace it (and I don't want a contraption that jumps cars).
>
> I just want a new 120VAC...
Forum: Technology December 20th 20, 05:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Tires that actually last

Arlen Holder wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 13:39:52 -0600, Paul in Houston TX wrote:
>
>> Thank you for all the links. The test track info was interesting to me
>> in that I have driven all those...
Forum: Technology December 19th 20, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Tires that actually last

Arlen Holder wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 16:20:42 -0600, Paul in Houston TX wrote:
>
>> IMO, mileage estimates seem to be for straight line, 50 mph, constant
>> temp and load.
>
> While the...
Forum: Technology December 18th 20, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Tires that actually last

AK wrote:
> On Thursday, December 17, 2020 at 9:57:10 PM UTC-6, Xeno wrote:
Forum: Technology November 18th 20, 05:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,ca.driving
Replies: 30
Request for diagnostic advice to pinpoint least expensivesolution to resolve persistent P0421 OBDII DTC

Arlen Holder wrote:
> The goal is to learn how to diagnose a P0421 using an OBDII scanner.
>
> Request for diagnostic advice to pinpoint least expensive solution
> to resolve persistent P0421 OBDII...
Forum: Technology July 10th 20, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Cracked Block Probability

> For extremely difficult and time-consuming values of 'easy'.* Where does
> the sand come from and what does it do?* We've been driving old cars
> (1968-70) for a long time and if we have sand we...
Forum: Technology June 29th 20, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 39
Wal-Mart Auto Tire Scam

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> In article >,
> > wrote:
>> LMAO a blank webpage from Walmart saying it can't be found, looks like...
Forum: Technology May 4th 20, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 26
Strangest Tire Question EVERRR...

Xeno wrote:
> On 4/5/20 3:28 am, Paul in Houston TX wrote:
>> wrote:
>>> Strangest Tire Question EVERRR...
>>>
>>> Has anyone ever calculated or estimated the area, in square...
Forum: Technology May 3rd 20, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:
> Strangest Tire Question EVERRR...
>
> Has anyone ever calculated or estimated the area, in square inches/square cm, of the *surface of the inside* of a tire?

Forum: Technology January 9th 20, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Dodge Dart electrical problems/starting problems

wrote:
> On Monday, March 17, 2003 at 3:42:31 PM UTC-5, pawn wrote:
>> Hi:
>>
>> I have a 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger, straight 6, with a strange starting
>> problem:
>>
>> After...
Forum: Technology December 21st 19, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 29
What do I need to change my 2 barrel to a 4 barrel

wrote:
> I have a boat with a 2bbl holly carb want to convert to a 4bbl carb

What is the cylinder compression ratio?
Does it currently require high octane gas?
A good 4 bbl...
Forum: Technology November 26th 19, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Intelligent choice of oil filter?

delvon daily wrote:
> It's a camry where I went to walmart and they had Fram, Mobile 1, K&E,
> Super Tech, Bosch, and others.
>
> I know enough to realize price is never an indicator of quality but...
Forum: Technology October 25th 19, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Car won't start after 15 minutes of trying - then started

wrote:
> Have a 2012 Nissan Vera hatchback.
>
> Went yesterday to start car after not starting it for a week. Would not start for about 15 minutes, then finally started!
>
> 1....
Forum: Technology September 23rd 19, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
What is the number of gallons capacity of the radiator from a1985 Pontiac Firebird with a 3.1 liter V-6 ?

AMuzi wrote:
> On 9/22/2019 4:26 PM, wrote:
>>

>> What is the number of gallons capacity of the radiator from a 1985
>> Pontiac Firebird with a 3.1 liter V-6 ?
>>

> The...
Forum: Technology August 24th 19, 05:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Asleep at the wheel.

wrote:
> abc7.com/video-appears-to-show-tesla-driver-asleep-at-the-wheel-on-i-5/5488646
> ...Car was doing 70-75 mph. Santa Clarita area. That is where
> Gunsmoke and many...
Forum: Technology May 26th 19, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Premature failure of ball joints and tire feathering

Vannessa wrote:

> Go to an alignment shop.
> Not a tire shop.
> Not a chain store.
> Go to a place that ONLY does alignments and nothing else. They will
> likely cater mostly to the racing...
Forum: Technology May 24th 19, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Air conditioner high pressure tube leak