Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.55 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: bob haller
Forum: Technology May 14th 13, 08:33 PM Posted to alt.mechanical.engineering,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 145
Posted By bob haller
The Blitz gasoline can - what went wrong - what needs to be fixed

Some of my 5 gallon plastic gas cans happen to be the same size and
threads of a briggs & stratton lawnmower engine. I swapped them by
accident:( and the sealed cap killed the engine pretty quick.

I...
Forum: General April 25th 13, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.misc,alt.home.repair
Replies: 66
Posted By bob haller
radiator caps, cooling system pressure

On Apr 25, 4:45*pm, micky > wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 11:50:28 -0700, Ashton Crusher >
> wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 08:57:20 -0700 (PDT), harry
Forum: General April 22nd 13, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.misc,alt.home.repair
Replies: 66
Posted By bob haller
radiator caps, cooling system pressure

On Apr 21, 9:50*pm, "
> wrote:
> On Apr 21, 6:11*pm, Tony Hwang > wrote:
>

> > Ashton Crusher wrote:
> > > I was thinking of...
Forum: BMW March 22nd 13, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw,alt.home.repair
Replies: 262
Posted By bob haller
Root cause insight into the common BMW blower motor resistor failures

On Mar 20, 11:08*pm, Bimmer Owner > wrote:
> Does anyone have insight into what is the root cause (and repair) of the
> FSU failure that plagues almost every 1997 to 2003 BMW?
Forum: Technology February 25th 13, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 715
Posted By bob haller
Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

IDEALLY, replacement fuel sources for vehicles will be a variety of
options, electric, bio fuel from vegetable waste NOT FOOD, CNG, algea
grown in coal plants exhaust,, perhaps methyl alcohol...
Forum: Technology February 25th 13, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 715
Posted By bob haller
Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

> >His point was the autos rely on oil for a fuel source
> >and are responsible for using a whole lot of it.
> >Very little electricity is generated from oil, at least here
> >in the USA. *It's only...
Forum: Technology February 25th 13, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 715
Posted By bob haller
Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

On Feb 24, 10:21*am, wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 06:17:30 -0800 (PST), bob haller >
> wrote:
>
> <...>
>
> >the big advantage of electric vehicles is that they save...
Forum: Technology February 25th 13, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 715
Posted By bob haller
Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

> How many cars do you think you'd sell when you advertise the fact
> that for a long trip you need to go rent a trailer with a generator?

more than admitting the vehicle can never go far unless you...
Forum: Technology February 24th 13, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 715
Posted By bob haller
Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

On Feb 24, 7:50*am, " >
wrote:
> On Feb 24, 5:52*am, "Existential Angst" > wrote:
>

> > Awl --

Forum: Technology February 17th 13, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,ca.driving
Replies: 55
Posted By bob haller
Do you know of engineering papers for what people call brakerotor 'warp'?

On Feb 17, 11:01*am, jim beam > wrote:
> On 02/17/2013 12:39 AM, bob haller wrote:
>

> > On Feb 16, 9:18 pm, Joe Mastroianni > wrote:
> >> On Sat, 16 Feb 2013...
Forum: Technology February 17th 13, 08:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,ca.driving
Replies: 55
Posted By bob haller
Do you know of engineering papers for what people call brakerotor 'warp'?

On Feb 16, 9:18*pm, Joe Mastroianni > wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 19:55:59 -0600, Vic Smith wrote:
> > But here's what makes me believe that rotors CAN warp.
> > And I'm not NOT...
Forum: Technology January 27th 13, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Replies: 18
Posted By bob haller
Solved: Vehicle fuel pump as a transfer pump

On Jan 26, 5:49*pm, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky-
finger.net> wrote:
> On 1/26/2013 3:43 PM, Existential Angst wrote:

Forum: Technology January 26th 13, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

On Jan 26, 3:35*pm, "Existential Angst" > wrote:
> Awl --
>
> Thanks to Bob Haller -- and other input, of course -- I found a dert simple
> way to do this, with no ill effects to...
Forum: Technology January 26th 13, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Replies: 34
Posted By bob haller
Prepping: Using a vehicle's fuel pump to transfer gasoline...

connect a gas line to wherever your sending the gasoline to the
schrader valve on most modern fuel injected vehcles and turn key to
run, the pump in your gas tank will do what its designed to and...
Forum: Technology November 6th 12, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 14
Posted By bob haller
Gasoline "additives": kerosene in gasoline?

small quanties of waste oil dumped in the ground are digested by
natural occuring bacteria......

perfectly safe done perodically in gallon quanties and under. I
excavated my dump area after years of...
Forum: Technology November 2nd 12, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Replies: 67
Posted By bob haller
How does gasoline go "bad"? When?

On Nov 2, 3:15*pm, Jon Danniken > wrote:
> On 11/02/2012 02:14 AM, bob haller wrote:
>
> > I occasionally use gasoline to clean bearings.
>
> > i would cean the bearings...
Forum: Technology November 2nd 12, 09:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Replies: 67
Posted By bob haller
How does gasoline go "bad"? When?

I occasionally use gasoline to clean bearings.

i would cean the bearings and leave the small pan outdoors overnite.
by the next day all the gas would of evaporated leaving just some
greasy dry crud...
Forum: Technology January 27th 12, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 88
Posted By bob haller
Driveway road mirror (request ideas for a cheap workable mirror)

screw to tree, screw to tree......

screws hold better in a tree than nails do
Forum: Technology December 3rd 11, 02:36 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.law-enforcement,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 190
Posted By bob haller
Interesting story about home automobile gasoline fillingstationsin residential property

On Dec 3, 9:02*am, worker bee > wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 23:35:44 +1300, bugalugs wrote:
> > Why can't you fill your car at the gas station like everybody else???.
>
> Other...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19