Showing results 1 to 25 of 70
Search took 2.33 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave Garrett
Forum: Honda March 16th 16, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By Dave Garrett
Japanese engines with less than 30,000 miles - any reliable sources?

In article >,
says...

> On Monday, November 11, 1996 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-7, Chandramouli Sargor wrote:
> > Folks,

Forum: Honda March 20th 14, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 10
Posted By Dave Garrett
Honda Accord 2000: Malfunction Lamp ON / Check Engine Lamp ON

In article >,
says...

> Honda Accord 2000: Malfunction Lamp ON / Check Engine Lamp ON
>
> I was driving and Malfunction...
Forum: Honda October 7th 12, 08:38 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 7
Posted By Dave Garrett
2013 Accord: priceless quote

The local newspaper has an auto-related section that's mainly ads, with
a few "articles" thrown in that are usually puff pieces with a big chunk
of their content lifted from manufacturer press...
Forum: Honda September 11th 12, 06:53 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave Garrett
Stolen Civic Si

In article >,
says...

> On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 21:28:31 -0500, Dave Garrett >
> wrote:
>
> >After 4 1/2 years of...
Forum: Honda September 11th 12, 06:48 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave Garrett
Stolen Civic Si

In article >, says...

> On 09/10/2012 07:28 PM, Dave Garrett wrote:
> > After 4 1/2 years of happy ownership, what I'd long been wary of came to
> > pass...
Forum: Honda September 11th 12, 06:47 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave Garrett
Stolen Civic Si

In article >,
says...

> In article >,
> Dave Garrett >...
Forum: Honda September 11th 12, 03:28 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave Garrett
Stolen Civic Si

After 4 1/2 years of happy ownership, what I'd long been wary of came to
pass - my 2000 Civic Si was stolen yesterday in broad daylight from a
parking garage in Houston, just a few steps away from...
Forum: Honda July 17th 12, 05:33 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By Dave Garrett
99 Accord - PO171 code

In article >,
says...

> Did you try Googling a bit? (Sorry about the long link, if you can't
get
> it to load, put "99 honda accord...
Forum: Honda July 17th 12, 05:26 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By Dave Garrett
99 Accord - PO171 code

In article >, says...

> On 07/16/2012 06:40 PM, Dave Garrett wrote:

[snip]

> > - Poor quality or E85 fuel (we had been occasionally filling up at...
Forum: Honda July 17th 12, 02:40 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By Dave Garrett
99 Accord - PO171 code

Our 99 Accord V6 with 168K miles has recently started acting up. CEL
lights up for a day or two, then turns off. Every time the code has been
pulled/reset, it is showing a PO171 (fuel mixture too...
Forum: Honda October 4th 10, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 16
Posted By Dave Garrett
Read this before you buy

In article >,
says...
> Thus spake Tom Adams > :
>
> >ESC is considered to be the greatest advance in...
Forum: Honda August 14th 10, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 28
Posted By Dave Garrett
Honda and their legendary failing transmissions (was Fluid change necessary?)

In article <elmop-2CC95D.08322213082010@reserved-multicast-range-not-
delegated.example.com>, says...

[yet another Honda auto tranny ****s the bed]

> This story isn't over...
Forum: General March 12th 10, 01:48 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Dave Garrett
Correct lube for window channel?

In article >, willshak@
00hvc.rr.com says...

> Whenever I detail my truck, I wipe all the rubber window parts with the
> tire wet spray on a...
Forum: Technology March 12th 10, 01:48 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Dave Garrett
Correct lube for window channel?

In article >, willshak@
00hvc.rr.com says...

> Whenever I detail my truck, I wipe all the rubber window parts with the
> tire wet spray on a...
Forum: Honda December 22nd 08, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave Garrett
Accord 1, Monster Truck 0

http://preview.tinyurl.com/978qkq

I saw another story reporting this with a photo of the Accord in
question, but the caption referred to it as a "Honda Civic". Guess the
caption writer didn't...
Forum: Honda August 31st 08, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave Garrett
Major slippage on 2003 Accord

In article >, says...
> Jason Bourgeois wrote:

> > I have a 2003 Honda Accord LX 6-cyl., with 80k miles, and today it suddenly
> > began to show...
Forum: Honda August 29th 08, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave Garrett
Major slippage on 2003 Accord

In article >,
says...

> Thanks, I am taking it to the dealer and will try to negotiate for a
> "goodwill repair." Just out of...
Forum: Honda August 3rd 08, 08:07 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 20
Posted By Dave Garrett
Accord transmission problems - best approach?

In article >,
says...
> In article >,
> says...

> > The 1998 Accord is, as far as...
Forum: Honda July 20th 08, 12:06 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 20
Posted By Dave Garrett
Accord transmission problems - best approach?

In article >,
says...

> The 1998 Accord is, as far as I can determine, not part of the inherently
> defective crowd.
>
> Honda has very...
Forum: Honda July 18th 08, 10:23 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 20
Posted By Dave Garrett
Accord transmission problems - best approach?

In article >, says...
> "Dave Garrett" > wrote in message ...
> > take the car in to the...
Forum: Honda July 18th 08, 10:05 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 20
Posted By Dave Garrett
Accord transmission problems - best approach?

In article
>,
says...
> Dave Garrett wrote:
> > Well, it finally happened. A couple of days ago, the CEL came on...
Forum: Honda July 16th 08, 08:55 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 20
Posted By Dave Garrett
Accord transmission problems - best approach?

Well, it finally happened. A couple of days ago, the CEL came on in my
wife's 98 Accord V6. She also reported that she thought the car wasn't
shifting normally. I drove it and couldn't be sure, but...
Forum: Honda June 27th 08, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 107
Posted By Dave Garrett
Carfax, Buying Used, & Craigslist.org

In article >,
says...

> I finally got serious about looking for a second Honda
> Civic, c. 1989-1997. A few observations:
>
> -- A...
Forum: Honda May 18th 08, 07:01 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 7
Posted By Dave Garrett
Options for upgrading headlights on '89 Accord?

In article >,
says...

> On Sat, 17 May 2008 22:47:00 -0700, John E. wrote:
>
> > What are my options for increasing the light...
Forum: Honda March 11th 08, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 10
Posted By Dave Garrett
European diesel engines in North American CR-Vs

In article >,
says...

> In the past few months, I've seen a Nissan Skyline, a Nismo GTi-R and a
> Toyota Prado. Plus this itty-bitty little...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 70