Showing results 1 to 25 of 60
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Scotty
Forum: VW air cooled June 9th 07, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Scotty
carb problem???

On Jun 8, 3:52 pm, "Bill Spiliotopoulos" > wrote:
> The idle jet is the brass hex nut on the right side, near the alternator.
> If there are 2 jets to the right, the idle jet is the...
Forum: VW air cooled June 8th 07, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Scotty
carb problem???

On Jun 8, 7:19 am, "dave AKA vwdoc1" > wrote:
> I would quickly take off the idle jet and clean it out before cleaning the
> entire carb.
> After 5 minutes you will be back idling...
Forum: VW air cooled June 8th 07, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Scotty
carb problem???

On Jun 7, 10:30 am, "Bill Spiliotopoulos" > wrote:
> The idle circuit is blocked.
> You have to dismantle and blow the carb passages and jets with compressed
> air.
> Also check that...
Forum: VW air cooled June 7th 07, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Scotty
carb problem???

On Jun 6, 8:28 pm, dweller > wrote:
> On Jun 6, 8:35 pm, Scotty > wrote:
>
> > ok, when i start it up i have to keep giving it gas, like reving it
> > up, and if...
Forum: VW air cooled June 7th 07, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Scotty
carb problem???

ok, when i start it up i have to keep giving it gas, like reving it
up, and if i stop... it dies, i looked at it today after trying to
start it, and it was dripping gas from where the throttle...
Forum: VW air cooled May 30th 07, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Scotty
more pulley help

On May 29, 8:22 pm, anton > wrote:
> On May 29, 4:46 pm, Scotty > wrote:
>
> > On May 29, 3:20 pm, Scotty > wrote:
>
> > > ok, i got and put...
Forum: VW air cooled May 30th 07, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Scotty
more pulley help

On May 29, 3:20 pm, Scotty > wrote:
> ok, i got and put on my degreed crankshaft pully, now my belts too
> small i have both pulleys tightend, stock generator pulley, any...
Forum: VW air cooled May 29th 07, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Scotty
more pulley help

ok, i got and put on my degreed crankshaft pully, now my belts too
small i have both pulleys tightend, stock generator pulley, any ideas?
Forum: VW air cooled May 25th 07, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Scotty
How do you pull the Big pulley out???

On May 23, 9:19 pm, Jan > wrote:
> Scotty wrote:

Forum: VW air cooled May 24th 07, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On May 23, 6:43 pm, Jan > wrote:
> Scotty wrote:
> > I've tried almost everything, and NOTHING works, is their a secret to
> > it???
>
> a pulley puller?
>
> Heat?
>
> Two...
Forum: VW air cooled May 23rd 07, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Scotty
How do you pull the Big pulley out???

I've tried almost everything, and NOTHING works, is their a secret to
it???
Forum: VW air cooled May 21st 07, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 26
Posted By Scotty
Red Light on dash

On May 8, 7:56 pm, Speedy Jim > wrote:
> Scotty wrote:

Forum: VW air cooled May 18th 07, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Scotty
new turn signal switch

On May 16, 8:16 pm, Speedy Jim > wrote:
> Scotty wrote:
> > i got a new one a few days ago... and me being stupid, i cut ALL the
> > wires... yes i know, i shouldn't have done that,...
Forum: VW air cooled May 17th 07, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Scotty
new turn signal switch

i got a new one a few days ago... and me being stupid, i cut ALL the
wires... yes i know, i shouldn't have done that, anyways, does any one
have a wiring diagram, the colors are different, i ordered...
Forum: VW air cooled May 9th 07, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 26
Posted By Scotty
Red Light on dash

On May 8, 9:10 pm, "Joey Tribiani" > wrote:
> "Scotty" > wrote in message
> > Well... i'm a BIG guy lol, 6'2" 195 WIDE sholders,
>
> 6'2" and...
Forum: VW air cooled May 9th 07, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 26
Posted By Scotty
Red Light on dash

On May 8, 7:56 pm, Speedy Jim > wrote:
> Scotty wrote:

Forum: VW air cooled May 9th 07, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 26
Posted By Scotty
Red Light on dash

On May 8, 4:36 pm, Speedy Jim > wrote:
> Scotty wrote:

Forum: VW air cooled May 8th 07, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 26
Posted By Scotty
Red Light on dash

What would be the easiest way to pull the switches out???
Jim Thank you for all your help
Forum: VW air cooled May 8th 07, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 26
Posted By Scotty
Red Light on dash

On May 8, 3:20 pm, Speedy Jim > wrote:
> Scotty wrote:

Forum: VW air cooled May 8th 07, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 26
Posted By Scotty
Red Light on dash

On May 8, 10:41 am, Speedy Jim > wrote:
> Scotty wrote:

Forum: VW air cooled May 8th 07, 12:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 26
Posted By Scotty
Red Light on dash

On May 7, 9:59 pm, Speedy Jim > wrote:
> Scotty wrote:

Forum: VW air cooled May 8th 07, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 26
Posted By Scotty
Red Light on dash

On May 6, 12:04 pm, Speedy Jim > wrote:
> Scotty wrote:

Forum: VW air cooled May 8th 07, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 26
Posted By Scotty
Red Light on dash

On May 6, 12:04 pm, Speedy Jim > wrote:
> Scotty wrote:

Forum: VW air cooled May 6th 07, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 26
Posted By Scotty
Red Light on dash

On May 5, 8:34 am, Speedy Jim > wrote:
> Scotty wrote:
> > ok, wut does the red light mean its between the vent controls, on a
> > 1970 VW beetle
>
> The small one with a "B" is the dual...
Forum: VW air cooled May 5th 07, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 26
Posted By Scotty
Red Light on dash