Showing results 1 to 25 of 118
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: dahpater
Forum: Technology February 3rd 08, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By dahpater
96 Voyager Van - Start Up Problem

On Feb 3, 10:41*am, Todd > wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If someone would be kind enough to help that would be great. My van
> stalled last night and won't turn over at all. I had a...
Forum: Technology January 29th 08, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By dahpater
Firing order for 1990 GM 3.3 help please.

On Jan 29, 10:52*am, Mike Romain > wrote:
> We have a 'new' 1990 Olds Cutlass Ciera with the 3.3 engine and I need
> help with the firing order of the coil packs.
>
> I have a...
Forum: Technology January 27th 08, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By dahpater
cold start

On Jan 26, 5:09*pm, "Evan Jou" > wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> * * I have a question for you experts here. Starting several months ago, I
> sometimes can't start my car when I first try it in...
Forum: General January 27th 08, 12:10 AM Posted to alt.home.repair, misc.consumers.house, rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By dahpater
Automotive floor jacks - bottle or floor jack

On Jan 26, 5:56*pm, "Walter Cohen" > wrote:
> I want to get one (at least) hydraulic jack to use if I need to change a
> flat in my garage or driveway. *The crappy standard...
Forum: Technology January 24th 08, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By dahpater
Removing Crankshaft Pulley

On Jan 24, 2:00*pm, Tegger > wrote:
> dahpater > wrote in news:5c73c284-b471-46e2-894e-
> :
>
> > Which engine turns...
Forum: Technology January 24th 08, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By dahpater
Removing Crankshaft Pulley

Which engine turns counter-clockwise?

> All the ones I've personally come across have normal right-hand threads
> regardless of engine rotation direction.
>
> --
> Tegger
Forum: Technology January 8th 08, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By dahpater
P0420 code from check engine light 2000 Mazda Protege?

On Jan 8, 3:25 pm, wrote:
> Got this code and it says something abt catalytic
> converter system. God I hope not cause that's expensive
> to replace?
>
> Do cat system even wear...
Forum: Technology January 4th 08, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By dahpater
1986 chevy s10 intermittent problem

On Jan 4, 12:57*am, wrote:
> either
> 1) your fuel pump is drawing excessive current. in which case you need
> a new fuel pump.
> 2) or the wiring to the fuel pump is damaged and a...
Forum: Technology January 1st 08, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By dahpater
Offtopic: 322' 7 1/2" motorcycle jump...

and he's talkin bout goin 400'. Damn!!!

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22996323-11088,00.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22459080/
Forum: Technology December 20th 07, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By dahpater
Fel-Pro Gasket Kit I Can't Identify

On Dec 19, 11:16 pm, mike > wrote:
> I have several gasket kits that were sold as Sealed Power GS1314x. I
> think they are actuall Fel-Pro.
>
> Can anyone tell me what the...
Forum: Technology December 19th 07, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By dahpater
Turbo Muffler on a 4cyl

On Dec 18, 12:24 am, phaeton > wrote:
> In the summer I replaced the splitting muffler on my 4cylinder Ranger
> with a Thrush Turbo. It was partially as a joke.
>
> I...
Forum: Technology December 9th 07, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By dahpater
86 Caprice Rear Brakes Vibrating/Pulsing

On Dec 9, 2:43 pm, "Big Al" > wrote:
> The rear Brakes of my car were pulsing (I have already done a complete front
> brake job). I changed the drums, but not the shoes as they still...
Forum: Technology December 7th 07, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By dahpater
1964 impala ss

On Dec 6, 2:17 pm, Nick > wrote:
> i gotta 64 impala ss and after driving it around for about a week i
> keep having to adjust the timing to fix the idle, any ideas why it
> keeps...
Forum: Technology November 25th 07, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By dahpater
Replace 1994 Escort Fuel Pump at 200,000?

On Nov 24, 4:00 pm, wrote:
> I have a Ford Escort with the 1.9 engine that has never had the
> electric fuel pump replaced. It has almost 200,000 miles on the
> odometer...
Forum: Technology November 25th 07, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By dahpater
2000 chevy blazer hard start

On Nov 24, 7:40 pm, wrote:
> 2000 chevy hard start after sits overnite has good fuel press inj is
> not leaking good spark when you try to start it just cranks turn key
> off...
Forum: Technology November 17th 07, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By dahpater
failed emission high NOx

On Nov 16, 6:37 pm, clifto > wrote:
> Comboverfish wrote:
Forum: Technology November 15th 07, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By dahpater
failed emission high NOx

On Nov 14, 5:42 pm, RZ > wrote:
> My 89 Toyota pickup recently failed emission test for high NOx (1483
> std reading 2954).
> I checked out the egr system as per the service...
Forum: Technology November 14th 07, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By dahpater
Crate Engine

On Nov 14, 12:24 pm, Mike Romain > wrote:
> dahpater wrote:
Forum: Technology November 14th 07, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By dahpater
Crate Engine

On Nov 14, 11:02 am, Mike Romain > wrote:
> dahpater wrote:
Forum: Technology November 10th 07, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By dahpater
Crate Engine

On Nov 10, 11:44 am, Mike Romain > wrote:
> wrote:
> > Hi, I've just gotten interested in the build it myself deal. Who
> > turns out the best quality Crate...
Forum: Technology November 10th 07, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By dahpater
World Fastest Car Video - top speed 407 km/h

On Nov 9, 6:25 pm, dahpater > wrote:
> On Nov 9, 5:42 am, virig > wrote:
>
> > check out video of world fastest car - bugatti veyron top speed 407 km/
Forum: Technology November 10th 07, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Nov 9, 5:42 am, virig > wrote:
> check out video of world fastest car - bugatti veyron top speed 407 km/
Forum: 4x4 November 5th 07, 07:14 PM Posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos,rec.autos.4x4,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By dahpater
'97 GMC 350 Engine Performance

On Nov 4, 7:00 pm, "Refinish King" > wrote:
> I agree on the fuel pressu
>
> But, on the transmission slipping from second to third. If it's a 4L60E or
> 4L65E, there is an...
Forum: Technology November 5th 07, 07:14 PM Posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos,rec.autos.4x4,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By dahpater
'97 GMC 350 Engine Performance

On Nov 4, 7:00 pm, "Refinish King" > wrote:
> I agree on the fuel pressu
>
> But, on the transmission slipping from second to third. If it's a 4L60E or
> 4L65E, there is an...
Forum: Technology November 5th 07, 07:09 PM Posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos,rec.autos.4x4,rec.autos.tech