Showing results 1 to 25 of 27
Search took 1.42 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mark[_27_]
Forum: Technology March 9th 11, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Mark[_27_]
Emissions test failure - no OBDII communication

Wow.. believe it or not, it was actually his code reader that was
problematic. I had a new OBDII scanner that I got from amazon a few
months ago. Just for curiosity, I hooked it up and it was able to...
Forum: Technology March 8th 11, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Mark[_27_]
Emissions test failure - no OBDII communication

I have a '97 Lexus ES300 (131K miles). My Connecticut Emissions test
failed today due to no OBDII communication. The guy said he couldn't
get a reading. He suggested it could be as simple as a blown...
Forum: Technology May 6th 10, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By Mark[_27_]
Problems after replacing master cylinder

On May 5, 5:53*pm, Tegger > wrote:
> Is this an aftermarket master cylinder?
> --
> Tegger

Yes, this is an aftermarket master cylinder.
Forum: Technology May 6th 10, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By Mark[_27_]
Problems after replacing master cylinder

Tegger, Jim,

I took the car on another test drive to check the free play of the
brake pedal before and after vibration. Before driving, I found the
free play to be there. Then after driving for ~10...
Forum: Technology May 5th 10, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On May 5, 4:50*pm, Tegger > wrote:
> Mark > wrote :
>

> > On May 5, 2:28*pm, Tegger...
Forum: Technology May 5th 10, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On May 5, 2:28*pm, Tegger > wrote:
> Mark > wrote :
>

> > I have a feeling it is...
Forum: Technology May 5th 10, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On May 4, 11:22*pm, Mark > wrote:
> On May 4, 9:45*pm, Nate Nagel > wrote:
>

> > I would check your master cylinder pushrod adjustment. *It may be
Forum: Technology May 5th 10, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By Mark[_27_]
Problems after replacing master cylinder

On May 4, 9:45*pm, Nate Nagel > wrote:
> On 05/04/2010 07:30 PM, Mark wrote:

Forum: Technology May 5th 10, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By Mark[_27_]
Problems after replacing master cylinder

On Apr 6, 10:31*am, jim <"sjedgingN0Sp"@m@mwt,net> wrote:
> lugnut wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 18:33:16 -0700 (PDT), Mark
> > > wrote:
>
> > >Hi,
>
> > >I have a lexus es300...
Forum: Technology April 23rd 10, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By Mark[_27_]
Problems after replacing master cylinder

Are you folks suggesting that the P0446 CEL and the problems I
described earlier with the vibrating and brake master cylinder are
related? Sorry, some of this is way too technical for me. Thanks !
Forum: Technology April 7th 10, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By Mark[_27_]
Problems after replacing master cylinder

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'll take the car back to the
mechanic and have it checked again. I'll also have him look into the
suggestions made here regarding proper bleeding, checking the...
Forum: Technology April 6th 10, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Apr 5, 10:07*pm, Tegger > wrote:
> Mark > wrote in news:e52c66b9-90a0-4583-a493-
> :
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I have a lexus...
Forum: Technology April 6th 10, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By Mark[_27_]
Problems after replacing master cylinder

Hi,

I have a lexus es300 with 128K miles. I had taken my car to the
mechanic as I felt the brakes needed work. I had to press the brake
pedal all the way down to stop the car. The mechanic...
Forum: Technology October 21st 08, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Mark[_27_]
Which Aftermarket Catalytic Converter To Buy for Lexus es300?

On Oct 21, 9:05*am, "John S." > wrote:
> many things can cause inefficient convertor conversion...........keep diagnosing
> unless you enjoy throwing bucks thru the...
Forum: Technology October 20th 08, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Oct 19, 6:11*pm, Tegger > wrote:

> I went with the a Walker, reputedly one of the few good aftermarket cats
> that are available for my '91 Acura, and Honda's OEM supplier...
Forum: Technology October 19th 08, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Mark[_27_]
Which Aftermarket Catalytic Converter To Buy for Lexus es300?

I have a 97 Lexus ES300 with 114K miles on it. I have a CEL with P0420
code, catalyst efficiency below threshold. I have replaced the cat
twice with aftermarket ones. In both cases, the CEL came back...
Forum: Technology October 7th 08, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark[_27_]
P0135 and now P0420 CEL

I took the car to my mechanic to have him check the other two O2
sensors. He asked me to buy 'catalytic converter cleaner' and put it
in the gas tank. That should clean the cat and the CEL should go...
Forum: Technology September 27th 08, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark[_27_]
P0135 and now P0420 CEL

I have a '97 Lexus ES300 with 112K miles. I had got a CEL with P0135
code. I replaced the bank 1 sensor 1 O2 sensor with a OEM sensor. Two
days later, I get another CEL and now the code is P0420 -...
Forum: Technology September 9th 08, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Mark[_27_]
Adaptive variable suspension (AVS) in '97 Lexus ES300

I have a '97 Lexus ES300 with 112K miles on it. I have the adaptive
variable suspension (AVS) that allows you to change the dampening of
the suspension via a switch located in the center console area...
Forum: Technology December 18th 07, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 44
Posted By Mark[_27_]
Check Engine light - code P0420

On Dec 18, 9:41 am, Mark > wrote:
> On Dec 13, 9:49 pm, Marsh Monster > wrote:
>
> > so.........when did the light come on again ?
>
> First, it went off...
Forum: Technology December 18th 07, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 44
Posted By Mark[_27_]
Check Engine light - FOR THE OP.......Fact, not Fiction.

On Dec 13, 9:49 pm, Marsh Monster > wrote:

> so.........when did the light come on again ?

First, it went off automatically and came back on after a few days.
The TRAC...
Forum: Technology December 12th 07, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 44
Posted By Mark[_27_]
Check Engine light - code P0420

Marsh - I apologize if I left out any information in my earlier posts.
The reason I went to the muffler shop was to replace the flex pipe
that was broken. I did not intend to replace the cat. But the...
Forum: Technology December 11th 07, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Dec 5, 8:02 pm, Mark > wrote:
> I just wanted to post an update that my check engine light went away
> this evening. I did not do anything yet. I went to work in the morning
Forum: Technology December 6th 07, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 44
Posted By Mark[_27_]
Check Engine light - code P0420

Thanks everyone for your insights, suggestions and advice. This forum
offers a lot of expert advice from different people with different
point of views and experiences, and thats what makes it so...
Forum: Technology December 4th 07, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Dec 4, 10:05 am, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

> Alternately you can just reset the code and see if it comes back. If it
> comes back, it wasn't due to the injector cleaning.

So if I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27