Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: davygrvy
Forum: VW air cooled December 13th 11, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 55
Posted By davygrvy
preheater troubles

On Dec 12, 9:06*am, John J Stafford > wrote:
> In article >,
> *David Gravereaux > wrote:
>
> > > Agreed! *I'm...
Forum: VW air cooled December 7th 11, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 55
Posted By davygrvy
preheater troubles

On Dec 6, 2:39*pm, tricky > wrote:
> I must admit, my interest is audio. Different classes of output have
> different heat characteristics.
> Usually for a fully on...
Forum: VW air cooled December 7th 11, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 55
Posted By davygrvy
preheater troubles

On Dec 6, 2:39 pm, tricky > wrote:
>On Dec 6, 3:38*pm, davygrvy > wrote:
>> A simple resistor will give you a set amount of heat without...
Forum: VW air cooled December 6th 11, 11:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 55
Posted By davygrvy
preheater troubles

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/382894_2569939201534_1045841527_2858018_1191368473_n.jpg?dl=1
Forum: VW air cooled December 6th 11, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 55
Posted By davygrvy
preheater troubles

On Dec 6, 2:39*pm, tricky > wrote:
> On 06/12/11 20:42, davygrvy wrote:

Forum: VW air cooled December 6th 11, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 55
Posted By davygrvy
preheater troubles

On Dec 6, 2:39*pm, tricky > wrote:

> I must admit, my interest is audio.

Mine, too
Forum: VW air cooled December 6th 11, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 55
Posted By davygrvy
preheater troubles

On Dec 6, 2:39*pm, tricky > wrote:
> On 06/12/11 20:42, davygrvy wrote:

Forum: VW air cooled December 6th 11, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 55
Posted By davygrvy
preheater troubles

On Dec 6, 1:27*am, tricky > wrote:
> On 05/12/11 21:32, davygrvy wrote:
>
> > Why any heater wire at all? *What if I could just bolt a 15 amp
> > (TO-3P) transistor...
Forum: VW air cooled December 5th 11, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 55
Posted By davygrvy
preheater troubles

Why any heater wire at all? What if I could just bolt a 15 amp
(TO-3P) transistor right to the manifold itself and cook the metal
directly? Hopefully there's enough material to grind a flat. Using...
Forum: VW air cooled November 30th 11, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 55
Posted By davygrvy
preheater troubles

On Nov 30, 12:10*am, tricky > wrote:

> or ... twin carbs would sort it :D

well agreed on that one ;) Yes, runner length is the issue. Not
going there soon. But...
Forum: VW air cooled November 30th 11, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 55
Posted By davygrvy
preheater troubles

On Nov 29, 2:53*pm, "John" > wrote:
> I recently retired from medical electronics section in a hospital. I used to
> have dozens of *Heaters cables for Fisher and Paykel...
Forum: VW air cooled November 29th 11, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 55
Posted By davygrvy
preheater troubles

On Nov 29, 12:25*am, "John" > wrote:
> Ubiquitous 555, 3055???? Great project for a while!
> * * * * * * * * * * John
>
> "David Gravereaux" > wrote in...
Forum: VW air cooled February 20th 08, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 35
Posted By davygrvy
Fuel smell

Hey Joey,

You realize that M$ hasn't updated OE since Aug. 2004? IMO, that's
some bad code rot. Here's a description of that Outlook (and Express)
bug:...
Forum: VW air cooled February 20th 08, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 35
Posted By davygrvy
Fuel smell

On Feb 19, 4:38 pm, "Joey Tribiani" > wrote:
> i *obviously* can read your message, so i must not have such a dumb
> newsreader

Then why the request to post in text/plain? If you...
Forum: VW air cooled February 20th 08, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 35
Posted By davygrvy
Fuel smell

On Feb 19, 1:10 pm, "Joey Tribiani" > wrote:

> LOL...maybe your vw should find an owner that understands how to maintain
> and repair it properly, instead of the "dumb" one it has...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15