Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 1.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: HerHusband
Forum: Technology October 1st 14, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 10
Posted By HerHusband
How to remove and replace a snap ring in a FWD car

> I hit a curb with my car and broke in half the right half-axle, broke a
> big chunk out of the RF rim and a piece the size of a tea-cup saucer
> from the tire too, cracked my lower suspension arm,...
Forum: VW water cooled June 18th 11, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 24
Posted By HerHusband
Where has everyone gone? And everyone else!

> Now I'm stuck (at least for now) with AIOE, which sorta works.
> I won't pay for NNTP so my choices are limited. Oh, well.

I switched to Motzeralla (now called Eternal September) when my ISP shut...
Forum: VW water cooled June 18th 11, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 24
Posted By HerHusband
Where has everyone gone? And everyone else!

>> Where had everyone gone????

Newsgroups in general have really dropped off in recent years. I think a
lot of this is due to ISP's dropping newsgroups from their services (like
my Comcast did)....
Forum: VW water cooled May 15th 09, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By HerHusband
Repair or replace?

> I have a 1996 Jetta GL with 82,000 miles. It is in need of various
> sorts of repair, mechanical and cosmetic. So I left it with a shop
> that did pretty nice work on my wife's 2000 New Beetle,...
Forum: VW water cooled September 17th 08, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By HerHusband
Anyone gutted a CAT?

>> I haven't had a cat on my Rabbit for many years, and though my car
>> is now too old to have to run through emission tests anymore...

> Don't move to Calif. where 'rolling exemptions' have...
Forum: VW water cooled September 16th 08, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By HerHusband
Anyone gutted a CAT?

> Wondering about cleaning the innards out of an old one and puttin it back
> in.

Back in the "old days" (1976) it was officially permissible to replace the
cat with a straight through pipe. The...
Forum: VW water cooled May 15th 08, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By HerHusband
A1 leaking valve cover

> Anyone have ideas on how to stop this?
> So far I've: Adjusted the valves, put in a new gasket, took off the
> cover and put sealer on the gasket.
> If anything it now leaks worse.

If you're...
Forum: VW water cooled March 20th 08, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By HerHusband
Weird clutch problem on 1976 Rabbit?

> On my Rabbits I had problems with the clutch pedal/brake pedal bracket
> breaking. Are you aware of that problem and where to look? I think you
> can see it flexing and failing by looking at the...
Forum: VW water cooled March 19th 08, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By HerHusband
Weird clutch problem on 1976 Rabbit?

Lately my 76 Rabbit has been having a strange clutch problem. When I push
the pedal down and start to release it, it feels like the clutch is
engaging immediately (the car kind of jerks forward...
Forum: VW water cooled December 28th 07, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 14
Posted By HerHusband
hard to get parts

Chris,

> I know there must be some rabbit fanatics out there who hopefully will
> help me out. I am looking for a water pump pulley for my 83 rabbit.
> Apparently this is hard to come by and I am...
Forum: VW water cooled May 24th 07, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By HerHusband
86 Jetta GLI Power Steering Noise

Peter,

>> My wife has a 1986 Jetta GLI. The power steering has always made a
>> whining sound when the fluid got low, but I recently replaced a
>> couple of leaking power steering hoses, and now the...
Forum: VW water cooled May 23rd 07, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 0
Posted By HerHusband
86 Jetta GLI Power Steering Noise

My wife has a 1986 Jetta GLI. The power steering has always made a whining
sound when the fluid got low, but I recently replaced a couple of leaking
power steering hoses, and now the steering pump...
Forum: VW water cooled May 14th 07, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By HerHusband
Brake Question in 80 rabbit

> Ok another question I need answered in order to get this classic on
> the road. I just work on the break. All of them are bled and there
> does not seem to be air in the lines. I just added the...
Forum: VW water cooled April 18th 07, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 23
Posted By HerHusband
Changing struts

> I have a 1984 VW Rabbit. I will be changing all 4 struts. I do have
> access to a spring compressor. Is one needed to change the struts on
> this car or can the strut assembly be changed without...
Forum: VW water cooled September 2nd 06, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By HerHusband
PCV Valve for 1976 Rabbit

The original crankcase ventilation for the Rabbits used a restrictor in the
hose from the camcover to the carburetor intake. As a later "upgrade", a
PCV valve was retrofitted into the ventilation...
Forum: VW water cooled July 16th 06, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By HerHusband
having to push start my jetta

> I have a 98 jetta and just recenlty I had to start push starting it. I
> noticed that it only seems to be when it is hot outside... it will
> start in the morning but by the afternoon I can't get...
Forum: VW water cooled July 3rd 06, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 14
Posted By HerHusband
VW Rabbit Timing Belt Tensioner - help removing

> I am replacing the timing belt and tensioner on a 78 VW Rabbit diesel.
> I can't seem to find a way to remove the tensioner. After removing the
> bolt holding the tensioner in place, the tensioner...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17