Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tim R
Forum: Technology June 22nd 20, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Tim R
Torque Wrench Safety Question

On Saturday, June 6, 2020 at 8:26:05 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> Bump...

I needed to pass inspection to sell a car in Germany, just had to swap two tires with ones I had.

I put a...
Forum: Technology October 1st 18, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Tim R
ignition hard to turn

Follow-up: the small amount of STP must have eventually worked its way through the lock, and now we're having no issues.
Forum: Technology August 14th 18, 01:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Tim R
ignition hard to turn

On Monday, August 13, 2018 at 10:29:26 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> > You're putting a load on the latch of the steering wheel lock. Rotate the steering wheel until the pressure is relieved...
Forum: Technology August 13th 18, 01:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Tim R
ignition hard to turn

On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 5:58:27 PM UTC-4, John_H wrote:
> Tim R wrote:
>
> >It's an older Chevy. Occasionally the key didn't want to turn, but enough jiggling and I could get it to start.
Forum: Technology August 10th 18, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Tim R
ignition hard to turn

It's an older Chevy. Occasionally the key didn't want to turn, but enough jiggling and I could get it to start.

Now it's every time, and I'm never sure I'll get it.

Would spraying lubricant into...
Forum: Technology September 26th 16, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Tim R
91 Volvo power window switch

On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 8:16:25 PM UTC-4, Paul in Houston TX wrote:
> Tim R wrote:
> > In Virginia you fail annual inspection for the driver's power window, though none of the others have...
Forum: Technology September 22nd 16, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 9:09:56 AM UTC-4, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> So, crimp the connector socket contacts slightly with needle-nose pliers,
> and clean with DeOxit or some other slightly...
Forum: Technology September 22nd 16, 12:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Tim R
91 Volvo power window switch

In Virginia you fail annual inspection for the driver's power window, though none of the others have to work.

Of course that is the only switch that doesn't work. After disassembling, cleaning,...
Forum: Technology November 3rd 15, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Tim R
checking out a (cheapish) used car

Pay for the CarFax. Or the equivalent, there's another good place out there, I forget the name.

I failed to do this last time, at a dealer, and it turned out to be a bad mistake.
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9