Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mark G.
Forum: Honda March 29th 10, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By Mark G.
Repairing door lock actuator

"Gene S. Berkowitz" > wrote:

> Majestic Honda lists the entire lock assembly (assuming this an

> an LX with passive seat belts) for $221 for the L/H side (R/H is

> only...
Forum: Honda March 28th 10, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By Mark G.
Repairing door lock actuator

Good morning!

The L/H front door lock actuator on my 1991 Accord is broken.
I removed it hoping that the problem would be dirty contacts.
Instead, I found a tiny spring had broken through its...
Forum: Honda March 22nd 10, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 5
Posted By Mark G.
I love my 1991 Accord

200k miles, going for 300k...
Forum: Ford Explorer March 22nd 10, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Mark G.
Alternator failures--causes?

Good evening.

I have a 1998 Ford Explorer V6 with 172k miles. The original alternator
failed
in November, and I replaced it with a "premium" rebuilt alternator from
NAPA.
(The "premium"...
Forum: Honda July 31st 08, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By Mark G.
Window door run channel replacement?

Good morning.

The power windows on my 1991 Accord EX are becoming a bit balky.
I can hear the motors laboring when I open and close the windows.
My mechanic informs me that the door run channels...
Forum: Honda July 31st 08, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 6
Posted By Mark G.
Aftermarket brake drums

"jim beam" > wrote:

> i'm fine with some of the after-market disks and drums, just don't buy
> cheap chinese crap. they use crap iron, they don't know how to heat
Forum: Honda July 24th 08, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 6
Posted By Mark G.
Aftermarket brake drums

"jim beam" > wrote:
> Mark G. wrote:
>> Good afternoon.
>>
>> The local Napa store quotes me $44 for a brake drum for my 1991 Accord.
>> The local Honda dealer quotes...
Forum: Honda July 23rd 08, 11:38 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 17
Posted By Mark G.
guess the mileage

"Joe" > wrote:

> On 2008-07-18, jim beam > wrote:
>> here's my last oil analysis:
>>
>> aluminum 3
>> chromium 1
>> iron 23
>> copper 6
>> lead...
Forum: Honda July 23rd 08, 05:29 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 16
Posted By Mark G.
Brake shoe break-in procedure?

"jim beam" > wrote:

> ok, here's what i suggest - remove the drums yourself and check to see if
> there's a ridge. the brake linings are not /quite/ as wide as the drum
Forum: Honda July 23rd 08, 05:02 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

"jim beam" > wrote:

> ok, here's what i suggest - remove the drums yourself and check to see if
> there's a ridge. the brake linings are not /quite/ as wide as the drum...
Forum: Honda July 23rd 08, 06:30 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

"jim beam" > wrote:

> as for the drums, why were they turned? my civic has 176k miles, and the
> drums are /well/ within limits.

Beats me. This is the first time I...
Forum: Honda July 23rd 08, 04:29 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

"jim beam" > wrote:

> personally, i'd be more worried about whether they were genuine honda
> brakes than what the break-in procedure was. in my experience, non-honda...
Forum: Honda July 23rd 08, 04:27 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

"jim beam" > wrote: >
> why were they turned in the first place? what is the mileage?

187k miles. I am getting pulsing from the brake pedal, and a squeal from
one of the...
Forum: Honda July 23rd 08, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 6
Posted By Mark G.
Aftermarket brake drums

Good afternoon.

The local Napa store quotes me $44 for a brake drum for my 1991 Accord.
The local Honda dealer quotes $114.

Any words of wisdom on whatever Napa is selling here?

(My favorite...
Forum: Honda July 22nd 08, 11:10 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 16
Posted By Mark G.
Brake shoe break-in procedure?

> wrote

> The basic rule for new brakes is 'go easy on them for a while'.

Thanks for the info. I'll do that.

Ugh...the drums can't be turned again.
Forum: Honda July 22nd 08, 09:03 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 16
Posted By Mark G.
Brake shoe break-in procedure?

Good afternoon.

I am about to install a new set of rear brake shoes on my 1991 Accord.
What is the correct procedure to break them in properly?

Thanks
-Mark
Forum: Honda July 2nd 08, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By Mark G.
Squealing sound in 1991 Accord

Good morning.

My 1991 Accord makes a high-pitched squealing sound when the engine is
running. The sound only goes away when I press the clutch pedal. I don't
actually need to disengage the...
Forum: Honda July 2nd 08, 04:13 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark G.
Aftermarket stereo installation in 1991 Accord

Good afternoon.

My 1991 Accord EX has the factory radio/tapedeck with the optional factory
CD player
below it. The radio works, but the CD player has died and the tapedeck
functionality is
a waste...
Forum: Ford Explorer May 13th 08, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark G.
Ford parts online?

Good afternoon.

Any recommendations for an online source for Ford OEM parts?
I found one that claims to have the parts that I need
("newfordparts-dot-com"), but I have no idea about their...
Forum: Ford Explorer May 13th 08, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer,alt.autos.ford
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark G.
Replacing power antenna mast on 1998 Explorer

Good morning.

The power antenna mast has been snapped off from my
1998 Explorer. What is involved in replacing this? Will
I need to access the antenna unit from inside the fender?
If so, how do I...
Forum: Honda May 8th 08, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 20
Posted By Mark G.
Tegger's 'Teg needs a cat...

"Tegger" > wrote:

> Yeah, I did. What scares me is that most people don't take care of their
> cars, and poor maintenance does drastic and horrible damage to cats. I'd
> hate to...
Forum: Honda July 24th 07, 09:59 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 5
Posted By Mark G.
Replacing micro instrument lights with LEDs?

Good afternoon.

I need to replace various micro-sized light bulbs in my radio and CD player
(1991 Accord.) The Honda dealer wants about five bucks each for them; these
bulbs are tough to source...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22