Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 6.62 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: DougW[_2_]
Forum: Jeep March 28th 13, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By DougW[_2_]
oil - 5w20

ps56k wrote:
> Wife just bought a Ford Focus today...
> Interesting looking under the hood, noticed oil was - 5w20
> Great... now another blend to put on the shelf.
>
> What's with 5w20 vs say our...
Forum: Jeep February 17th 13, 07:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By DougW[_2_]
Stuck xfer case '97 TJ

DougW wrote:
> Scott in Baltimore wrote:
>> Howdy guys, long time no post. Hope you didn't run
>> out of change yet. :)
>>
>> From non-use of 4WD, I can't pull the lever to go
>> to 4WH from 2WH. Is...
Forum: Jeep February 17th 13, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By DougW[_2_]
Stuck xfer case '97 TJ

Scott in Baltimore wrote:
> Howdy guys, long time no post. Hope you didn't run
> out of change yet. :)
>
> From non-use of 4WD, I can't pull the lever to go
> to 4WH from 2WH. Is it easy to lube the...
Forum: Jeep February 17th 13, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 0
Posted By DougW[_2_]
Rear wiper motor 93ZJ

That was fun.

Yea.. usually I take pictures but this was messy
and I was lazy. :P

This is what it looks like.
http://omix-ada.com/rear-wiper-motor-93-94-jeep-grand-cherokee-zj.html

$359 Holy ****!...
Forum: Jeep February 17th 13, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 1
Posted By DougW[_2_]
squealing belt

ps56k wrote:
> When we start up - we get a squealing noise - guessing a glazed belt ?
> After a minute it's gone....
> Suggestions/comments - vs just replacing the belt -

Can also be from a cold...
Forum: Jeep February 9th 13, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By DougW[_2_]
Jeep Repair in West Central NJ

Me wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I now have the Death Wobble problem and I believe that there are
> multiple things wrong/worn in my front suspension, and this is beyond
> my talents. I need someone nearby...
Forum: Jeep January 18th 13, 01:15 AM Posted to alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 0
Posted By DougW[_2_]
Johson Valley ORV area vs Twentynine Palms expansion

There is an online petition to save the ORV area from being
adsorbed by the Marine base. Now I'm for a strong defense
but there has to be a way to co-exist and keep this area
from being lost to the...
Forum: Jeep January 10th 13, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 35
Posted By DougW[_2_]
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 Engine stalling

ejikoseun wrote:
> My automechnics washed nuzzles and changed plugs and the car was fine
> for like 2 weeks but the problem showed up again this time around
> both automechnics and autoelectrician...
Forum: Jeep January 5th 13, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By DougW[_2_]
90,000 mile inspection on a 2001 GC

Larry wrote:
> Just had a 90,000 mile inspection on my 2001 GC. Everything checked
> out OK, but what really pleasantly surprised me was the brakes still
> had over 80% of brake pad remaining. In...
Forum: Jeep January 2nd 13, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By DougW[_2_]
restoring '65 CJ-5: advice on wiper repair, parts sources,

NoSpam wrote:
> Hello folks. I'm a newbie here, so please forgive any breach of
> custom.

This is nearly a dead group these days. A few lurkers but no where
what it used to be.

> I'm in the midst...
Forum: Jeep November 5th 12, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 1
Posted By DougW[_2_]
05 JGC V6 OXY Sensor location(s)?

BobMCT wrote:
> Quick one for you mechanics. On an 05 laredo with the V6 I'm seeing a
> DTC of P0132 regarding the O2S reading of high.
> I can only find one sensor. Where are the TWO located on...
Forum: Jeep October 30th 12, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 18
Posted By DougW[_2_]
Honoring those that were willing to give all if required oif them ... was: Thinking about a drivetrain swap

Will Honea wrote:
> Budd Cochran wrote:
>
>> Of course, you know the difference between officers and NCOs don't
>> you?
>>

> I was the first active duty NCO's kid to graduate from the Academy -
> I...
Forum: Jeep October 27th 12, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By DougW[_2_]
shocking

PeterD wrote:
> On 10/23/2012 6:21 PM, DougW wrote:
>> The back two Edelbrock IAS shocks were in **** poor shape.
>> One didn't even take any effort to compress! I'd say it
>> was dead. At any rate...
Forum: Jeep October 23rd 12, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By DougW[_2_]
shocking

PeterD wrote:
> On 10/20/2012 11:20 AM, DougW wrote:
>
>> Yep. I checked. Taxes and shipping worked out to be about the same.
>
> Not surprised... Some things are much cheaper there, other things...
Forum: Jeep October 20th 12, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By DougW[_2_]
shocking

PeterD wrote:
> On 10/18/2012 5:58 PM, DougW wrote:
>> DougW wrote:
>>> Looks like I need new shocks. The old
>>> Edelbrock IAS ones lasted quite a long time
>>> but nothing lasts forever.

Forum: Jeep October 18th 12, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By DougW[_2_]
shocking

DougW wrote:
> Looks like I need new shocks. The old
> Edelbrock IAS ones lasted quite a long time
> but nothing lasts forever.
>
> Looking at the Bilstein HD or possibly
> Rancho RS 5000
>

> Any...
Forum: Jeep October 18th 12, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By DougW[_2_]
shocking

Looks like I need new shocks. The old
Edelbrock IAS ones lasted quite a long time
but nothing lasts forever.

Looking at the Bilstein HD or possibly
Rancho RS 5000

Any thoughts?
Forum: Jeep October 12th 12, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

wrote:
> P0100,P0400,P0048 these are codes i saw when i check yesterday in the
> evening

First question. How old is the fuel filter? If it's clogged you can
get some of these...
Forum: Jeep October 12th 12, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By DougW[_2_]
'91' XJ: Coolant smell on startup

FragSinatra wrote:
> I get a distinct odor of coolant whenever I startup my '91' XJ. I
> haven't noticed any leaking coolant anywhere (there are no puddles of
> coolant).

Usually when you see...
Forum: Jeep October 11th 12, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

wrote:
> DougW bro pls i tried the car again yesterday to find out if the
> problem has been corrected but the car went off after 45 mins and it
> refused to start again pls acn i...
Forum: Jeep September 6th 12, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

ejikoseunwrote:
> On Friday, April 23, 2010 12:37:45 AM UTC+1, James wrote:
>> I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 4.7 liter engine. 205,000 miles.
>> Engine has been literally perfect until last...
Forum: Jeep August 9th 12, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By DougW[_2_]
4WD shifting

Larry wrote:
> On Aug 9, 2:26 pm, Larry > wrote:
>> On Aug 9, 1:31 pm, DP > wrote:
>>
>>> Greetings:
>>> Thus far, this group is exactly what this...
Forum: Jeep August 9th 12, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By DougW[_2_]
Hood lift question

DP wrote:
> Greetings:
> I'm the new owner of a used 1999 GC LTD. I took it home yesterday,
> opened the hood and couldn't find a way for it to stay open! There is
> no prop rod. Thinking maybe it...
Forum: Jeep August 1st 12, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 10
Posted By DougW[_2_]
Odd Transfer Case sound

wrote:
> Sounds like a half a handful of BB's in my hubcaps. It's a light
> clinking and clattering sound. But it's coming from inside my
> transfer case. It starts up at...
Forum: Jeep July 20th 12, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 1
Posted By DougW[_2_]
Headlight assembly for 2001 GC

Larry wrote:
> Getting ready to replace both headlight assemblies for my 01 GC.

What's wrong with em? if it's just simple haze that can be buffed away
fairly easily. McGuires makes a decent product....
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500