Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: saxman
Forum: VW water cooled February 7th 07, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By saxman
1999 Jetta check engine light question

I have a 1999 (new body style) Jetta I just had a quick question about
my check engine light. It was extremely cold here a few days ago, and
I don't think I let the car warm up enough before I took...
Forum: Technology February 6th 07, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By saxman
URGENT - Is it possible / advisable to clamp brake lines?

On Feb 3, 2:30 pm, jim > wrote:
> "Steve B." wrote:
>
> > I did not say the brakes were magically fixed I said they were
> > magically BROKEN. The car was operating...
Forum: Technology February 3rd 07, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Feb 2, 5:25 pm, Steve B. > wrote:
> On 2 Feb 2007 06:54:54 -0800, "saxman" > wrote:
>
> >I've been having some problems with my brakes, and I asked my mechanic
Forum: Technology February 2nd 07, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Feb 2, 12:12 pm, jim > wrote:
> Mike Romain wrote:
>
> > Your mechanic is correct.
>
> > I don't know about modern vehicles with rear calipers, but on an older
Forum: Technology February 2nd 07, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Feb 2, 10:36 am, "John S." > wrote:
> On Feb 2, 9:54 am, "saxman" > wrote:
>
> > I've been having some problems with my brakes, and I asked my mechanic
> > if he...
Forum: Technology February 2nd 07, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By saxman
URGENT - Is it possible / advisable to clamp brake lines?

I've been having some problems with my brakes, and I asked my mechanic
if he would be willing to perform a "line-lock test" to help determine
the problem. A line-lock test involves clamping off each...
Forum: Technology February 1st 07, 01:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By saxman
Possibly a stupid question about line lock test

On Jan 31, 8:08 pm, Nate Nagel > wrote:
> saxman wrote:
> > On Jan 31, 1:42 pm, Tegger > wrote:
>
> >>"saxman" > wrote...
Forum: Technology January 31st 07, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By saxman
1999 Jetta spongy brakes after replacement

Forum: Technology January 31st 07, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Jan 31, 1:42 pm, Tegger > wrote:
> "saxman" > wrote :
>

> > I'm having a hard time telling...
Forum: Technology January 31st 07, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Jan 31, 11:34 am, Tegger > wrote:
> "saxman" > wrote in news:1170260766.999763.166930
> @q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>
> > So, I've been doing some research,...
Forum: Technology January 31st 07, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By saxman
Possibly a stupid question about line lock test

So, I've been doing some research, and I want to run a line-lock test
on my car to check for a bad master cylinder. I understand what to do,
but I have a simple, yet possibly stupid question: After...
Forum: Technology January 30th 07, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Jan 30, 3:35 pm, jim > wrote:
> saxman wrote:
>
> > > I have a feeling that you don't really know the meaning of "force". Do
> > > you have to push the pedal harder or...
Forum: Technology January 30th 07, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By saxman
1999 Jetta spongy brakes after replacement

> I have a feeling that you don't really know the meaning of "force". Do
> you have to push the pedal harder or does the pedal just travel farther
> than it used to?

Well, I definitely have to push...
Forum: Technology January 30th 07, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Jan 30, 2:08 pm, > wrote:
> "saxman" > wrote in message

> > Hi all,
> > This story might be...
Forum: Technology January 30th 07, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By saxman
1999 Jetta spongy brakes after replacement

Hi all,
This story might be a little involved, but basically it comes down
to me having spongy brakes.

I just had the front brake pads & rotors replaced, and since then,
I've had to apply more...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15