Showing results 1 to 25 of 45
Search took 1.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jem Berkes
Forum: VW water cooled May 24th 07, 07:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Jem Berkes
1997 Jetta GT - sensor problem? Help!

> My 97 Jetta GT is having problems. Backfiring when accellerating or
> under a load (uphill), lacking power at lower rpms, and while this is
> happening it makes a sort of putt-putt sound that...
Forum: VW water cooled April 26th 07, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Jem Berkes
coolant flange

IR > wrote in :

> Is it necessary to replace the whole flange or just the
> gasket in fixing a leak? 1990 Jetta 8v.
>
> I heard the whole thing...
Forum: VW water cooled April 26th 07, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Jem Berkes
Instrument Panel bulbs

wrote in news:8j2033ho19en9kcgvajtnkf5ep0qa3lvj9@
4ax.com:

> Does anyone know a place to order instrument cluster bulbs for my 94
> Jetta. The green 12V 2W bulbs are the...
Forum: VW water cooled April 25th 07, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Jem Berkes
Speedometer stops working sometimes

wrote in :

> On my 89 jetta ( it had a mech. speedomter ) but both the fuel and
> temp. gauges were intermittant and i found the problem to be a...
Forum: VW water cooled April 25th 07, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Jem Berkes
over heating at high speeds....

"jetta107" > wrote in
:

> Someone said it could be a cloged exhaust manifold and or cat.

I don't know if...
Forum: VW water cooled April 25th 07, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 21
Posted By Jem Berkes
Help! 83 rabbit leaking gas

> One other thing -- I'd be incredibly careful where you park this car,
> &c., while this is going on. (Well, actually, _I'd_ drain the tank and
> stop using it until I'd figured out what the...
Forum: VW water cooled April 22nd 07, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Jem Berkes
Speedometer stops working sometimes

>>> On my 89 jetta ( it had a mech. speedomter ) but both the fuel and
>>> temp. gauges were intermittant and i found the problem to be a poor
>>> connetion on the voltage regulating transistor on...
Forum: VW water cooled April 21st 07, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

wrote in :

> On my 89 jetta ( it had a mech. speedomter ) but both the fuel and
> temp. gauges were intermittant and i found the problem to be a...
Forum: VW water cooled April 21st 07, 08:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Jem Berkes
Speedometer stops working sometimes

This is the first time I've seen this, was going down the highway and
glanced at my 98 Golf's speedometer and saw the needle at 0. Tachometer
reads normally though.

The speedometer was cutting in...
Forum: VW water cooled April 16th 07, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Jem Berkes
VWs plans.

> Just keep in mind that if China used as much oil per capita as the
> United States, they would consume some 132% of the total oil
> available.

LOL there isn't that much oil available anyway....
Forum: VW water cooled April 16th 07, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Jem Berkes
VWs plans.

> Sales of Volkswagen vehicles rose 23 percent to a record 202,600
> units in China in the first quarter this year, said sources with
> Volkswagen China on Friday.

Didn't a Chinese official say he...
Forum: VW water cooled April 15th 07, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Jem Berkes
Ignition and silicone lubricant spray

wrote in :

> Dielectric is NON CONDUCTIVE ( stops the flow of electricity ).
> Around the connection is a better phrase than ( on the contact...
Forum: VW water cooled April 15th 07, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Jem Berkes
Ignition and silicone lubricant spray

>>> lube. check this url for wd40 products like yours.
>>> http://www.wd40.com/Brands/3in1pro.html
>>> I would not used the lube on the wires or its connections.
>>
>>Could you please clarify, are...
Forum: VW water cooled April 15th 07, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Jem Berkes
TDI?

"illusion123a" > wrote in
:

> What are your experiences with a TDI? I recently got a new job and am
> looking...
Forum: VW water cooled April 14th 07, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

wrote in :

>>I have this "3-in-one Professional" brand silicone spray lubricant. I
>>have not quite figured out, is this a conductor or an...
Forum: VW water cooled April 13th 07, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Jem Berkes
Ignition and silicone lubricant spray

> silicone spray used to coat high voltage wires is different than
> silicone lube. check this url for wd40 products like yours.
> http://www.wd40.com/Brands/3in1pro.html
> I would not used the...
Forum: VW water cooled April 12th 07, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Jem Berkes
Ignition and silicone lubricant spray

> A related question: at the distributor, where ignition cables plug in,
> some of the metal contacts are corroded (greenish). What is a good way
> to clean them?

For the battery terminals I use...
Forum: VW water cooled April 12th 07, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Jem Berkes
Ignition and silicone lubricant spray

I have this "3-in-one Professional" brand silicone spray lubricant. I have
not quite figured out, is this a conductor or an insulator of electricity?
I know it can be used to protect and coat...
Forum: VW water cooled April 11th 07, 06:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Jem Berkes
Coolant leak at cylinder head?

"dave AKA vwdoc1" > wrote in
:

> Usually that pink coolant leak leaves a trail of residue somewhere if
> it leaks out that...
Forum: VW water cooled April 11th 07, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Jem Berkes
Coolant leak at cylinder head?

1998 Golf, 2L, 4 cylinder. I've had a slow but steady coolant leak for a
while. I top up the expansion tank and after a couple weeks the level has
dropped below minimum. Not a very fast leak, but...
Forum: VW water cooled April 4th 07, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Jem Berkes
Flushing brake fluid

Tom's VR6 > wrote in news:1ps513ljgv4rij92d3po3nghh878p070u3
@4ax.com:

> I would be more concerned that the person who you pay to do it
> actually knows how and actually does it. This...
Forum: VW water cooled April 3rd 07, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Jem Berkes
Flushing brake fluid

Does it matter what kind of ambient humidity there is in the air at the
time the brake fluid is replaced? Presumably humidity and air in the fluid
are important when it comes to brakes. I was...
Forum: VW water cooled April 3rd 07, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Jem Berkes
1996 Golf hesitation

> Hey guys, I have a 1996 Golf, and I am having an issue with it when I
> accelerate from rest. When I push down the gas, the car dosn't do
> anything and then 3 sec. later it lurches forward,...
Forum: VW water cooled March 29th 07, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 14
Posted By Jem Berkes
Common parts failures on older Golfs?

> That is the MC failure-mode problem. The "OH-SH*T" failure-mode is
> when the brakes fail on the downhill due to boiling fluid... THAT is
> the primary reason to flush the stuff, not to protect the...
Forum: VW water cooled March 23rd 07, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Jem Berkes
89 jetta gl problem

starburst > wrote in news:etv8g0$bnf$1
@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu:

> My 89 jetta (1.8 8v) has started doing something kind of wierd. She'll
> be driving a long fine and then start to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 45