Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.83 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gene Wagenbreth
Forum: Ford Mustang April 9th 09, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 13
Posted By Gene Wagenbreth
Oil company math

I dont see how electric recharging stations are ever gonna work.
If you want to recharge in under 10 minutes, recharging stations
have to have multiple mega watts to recharge several cars at...
Forum: Ford Mustang December 15th 08, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 36
Posted By Gene Wagenbreth
OT UNION BUSTING

According to the news the auto companies currently employ about
50,000 workers. They have moved most jobs to suppliers. If each
of the 50,000 workers took a $20K pay cut, it would save a
billion...
Forum: Audi August 14th 08, 05:39 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 1
Posted By Gene Wagenbreth
2003 Audi AllRoad - hard brakes

2003 Audi AllRoad - occassionally, more likely in the morning when the
engine is cold, the brakes are hard, as if there are no power brakes.
Goes away in a few seconds. Engine does not seem to be...
Forum: Ford Mustang April 28th 08, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 5
Posted By Gene Wagenbreth
302 or 351W

Dont know about the 302/351 distinction, but a friend did a valve
job on a Bronco 351 . When he put it back together he did the
firing order as labeled on the intake. It backfired, etc. A...
Forum: Ford Mustang January 31st 08, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 17
Posted By Gene Wagenbreth
Need Advice

Check the spark plugs. My leaking head gasket was obvious. 7 normal
plugs and one coated with white gunk.

Forum: Ford Mustang January 31st 08, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 17
Posted By Gene Wagenbreth
Need Advice

Sounds like you have about the same skill level I have. I replaced
the head gasket on my 65 289 and it worked out. My main worry was that
there was something wrong such as a warped head that I...
Forum: Ford Mustang October 5th 07, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By Gene Wagenbreth
'68 Mustang gear shift

Ron Patterson

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing, but, using soapy
water you can stretch the boot over the tee reverse lockout. The
old one may tear if it is brittle, but a new one will...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 19th 07, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 21
Posted By Gene Wagenbreth
really weird 302 problem...

It was rebuilt 5000 miles ago ? Were the timing chain and gears inspected
or replaced ? Was there an oiling problem at startup ?

Forum: Ford Mustang July 13th 07, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By Gene Wagenbreth
Autolite 4100 Double Pumper - Part Needed and/or Advice

John

I have ordered various small parts from them (accelerator pump) and
had a good experience.

Forum: Ford Mustang May 8th 07, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By Gene Wagenbreth
65 emergency brake

With my 65 I have to pull very hard on the emergency brake handle
to get it to hold very well. If I am parked on a hill so it wants
to roll backwards, its worse. I have a 4-speed and leave it...
Forum: Ford Mustang January 25th 07, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 6
Posted By Gene Wagenbreth
1983 mustang v6

Hasnt this been talked about here before a number of times ? I thought thre was
a common problem with mid 80s fords that some part of the electronic ignition
on the engine would overheat and cause...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11