Showing results 1 to 25 of 86
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Craig[_7_]
Forum: VW water cooled October 5th 08, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Craig[_7_]
Message no longer avail???????

I seem to be getting the Error "Message no longer avail on the server" a lot
lately. Is there something going on with the server?????? About 30-40% of
the messages are showing this now.

Craig
Forum: VW water cooled October 4th 08, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Craig[_7_]
buying advice

RUN AWAY
SCREAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Craig

"Neil" <neil1(the > wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled October 4th 08, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Craig[_7_]
Golf Good Years? Bad Years?

1984!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO MK1 OR GO HOME!!!! LOL

Craig

"Tube Audio" > wrote in message
Forum: VW water cooled October 3rd 08, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Craig[_7_]
96 Jetta fuse blowing

Check all the door wiring harnesses. MK3 volkswagen are TERRIBLE for the
wires becoming brittle & then breaking at the hinge. Just pull the rubber
boot back at the door hinge & it should be pretty...
Forum: VW water cooled September 28th 08, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Craig[_7_]
2005 Jetta Headliner

Is it out of warranty???????

Craig

"Jim Behning" > wrote in message
>I would visit the car...
Forum: VW water cooled September 25th 08, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Craig[_7_]
Re-program key after battery change?

Are you talking about the key or the remote???? AS far as starting the car
goes that has nothing to do with a battery. That is transponder based
technology that gets its power from the magnetic...
Forum: VW water cooled September 24th 08, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Craig[_7_]
A1 Tach question 1984 GTi Rabbit

Sounds more like an issue at the coil.

Craig

"Tube Audio" > wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have a 1984 GTI Rabbit.

Forum: VW water cooled September 23rd 08, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Craig[_7_]
2000 vw jetta heat and air control problems

Checked all your fuses????

Craig

"ktictac68" > wrote in message
> have a 2000 vw jetta and the heat/defrost/air does...
Forum: VW water cooled September 23rd 08, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Craig[_7_]
96 2.8L Jetta DOHC won't start when its damp out

Those coils are notorious for going bad. I would bet money that its the coil
rather than the wires. I always replace both though.

The coils actually crack & allow water to enter which gives a path...
Forum: VW water cooled September 21st 08, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Craig[_7_]
05 Jetta speaker buzz

Take off the outter door skin & make sure the insulation between the door
frame & skin hasn't melted. I have seen this a few times. Mostly on black
cars in the summer.

Craig

"cowboy96b"...
Forum: VW water cooled September 21st 08, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Craig[_7_]
Strange '97 Jetta 2.0 manual transmission problem

Would it not just be cheaper to pickup a used tranny for this vehicle. They
are a dime a dozen & I have never paid more than $350 for one.

Craig

"dave AKA vwdoc1" >...
Forum: VW water cooled September 19th 08, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Craig[_7_]
VW Golf 1.9TDi (1996) cutting out - suspect electrical fault

I assume you are talking about the glow plug light.

Next time it cuts out jump straight power to the shutoff valve on the top of
the injection pump & see if it starts.

Craig

"Tom's VR6"...
Forum: VW water cooled September 18th 08, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Craig[_7_]
torque specs

There are no torque speces for those bearings. Its tighten by feel.

usually is hand tighten them & then just a slight bit more.

Craig

"old" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled September 16th 08, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Craig[_7_]
High NOx explained? '81 Scirocco

LOL. Switch the VIN with a Canadian MK1 Scirocco. They never came with CATS.

You should be able to find those intake boots at a wreckers somewhere.

Craig

"nutso fasst" > wrote...
Forum: VW water cooled September 13th 08, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 38
Posted By Craig[_7_]
Golf/Rabbit MK1 difference Euro/US engine

Thats why its so cheap!!! LOL

"Nate Nagel" > wrote in message
> dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
>> OK here you can play with this 924! ;-)
Forum: VW water cooled September 12th 08, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 38
Posted By Craig[_7_]
Golf/Rabbit MK1 difference Euro/US engine

I agree 100%. They are lacking in power which is easily corrected. They are
however a great platform to start building a nice car & parts are cheap when
compared to most...
Forum: VW water cooled September 11th 08, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 38
Posted By Craig[_7_]
Golf/Rabbit MK1 difference Euro/US engine

ok then. 7

"nutso fasst" > wrote in message

> "Craig" > wrote in message
Forum: VW water cooled September 11th 08, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 38
Posted By Craig[_7_]
Golf/Rabbit MK1 difference Euro/US engine

What??

"nutso fasst" > wrote in message

> "Craig" > wrote in message
Forum: VW water cooled September 11th 08, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 38
Posted By Craig[_7_]
Golf/Rabbit MK1 difference Euro/US engine

Ok heres are the curb weights of a 2002 jetta with VR6 & 1.8T. Obviously
there are differences with options etc. Basically you are looking at a
100lbs difference give or take.

2002 Volkswagen...
Forum: VW water cooled September 11th 08, 01:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 38
Posted By Craig[_7_]
Golf/Rabbit MK1 difference Euro/US engine

Another gimmick that looks cool but creates more problems than it solves.
This type of setup is a pain in the ass because you can never perefctly
balance the engines. So what ends up happening is...
Forum: VW water cooled September 11th 08, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 38
Posted By Craig[_7_]
Golf/Rabbit MK1 difference Euro/US engine

So you want to add more weight to compensate for the poor choice in
engines??? So in other words make your horsepower to weight ratio even
worse????

"Jim Behning"...
Forum: VW water cooled September 11th 08, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 38
Posted By Craig[_7_]
Golf/Rabbit MK1 difference Euro/US engine

Actually due to the design of the axle & the fact that the weight is
shifting it does lift. Just not off the ground completely. If your tires are
sliding your handling is suffering & you are...
Forum: VW water cooled September 11th 08, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 38
Posted By Craig[_7_]
Golf/Rabbit MK1 difference Euro/US engine

Wider tires don't help that issue. You are still taking weight off the big
tires during tight cornering. you need stiff sway bars to help this issue.

Craig

"nutso fasst" >...
Forum: VW water cooled September 10th 08, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 38
Posted By Craig[_7_]
Golf/Rabbit MK1 difference Euro/US engine

SFC nobody said it would be difficult. Its just pointless to do. You would
be far better off sticking in a 1.8T. Same power with far less weight in the
nose of the vehicle = less...
Forum: VW water cooled September 10th 08, 12:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 38
Posted By Craig[_7_]
Golf/Rabbit MK1 difference Euro/US engine

A VR6 in a MK1 chassis is like a german version of an old muscle car. Looks
& sounds cool. Goes fast in a straight line just don't try & turn a corner
at any decent speed. WAY TOO NOSE...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 86