Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Forum: VW water cooled November 17th 11, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Bellingham WA, USA. Source for VW tools?

tonyw > wrote:

>Hi,
> I'll be in Bellingham, WA USA and am looking for recommendations on stores selling tools I can't find in Canada. In particular I'm looking for an ABS hub...
Forum: VW water cooled October 8th 11, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
diesel passat 2002 - intermittent starting problem.

bob wrote:

>I use the car about once every 3 or 4 days and it starts fine from
>cold but having driven around for half an hour or so, then parked the
>car for an half an hour, turning the ignition...
Forum: VW water cooled July 1st 11, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Oil pressure problem

"Bill Leary" > wrote:

>The car is a 1987 16 valve Scirocco.
>
>When the engine gets up to operating temperature, and it's run between 2200
>and 2800 RPM the oil pressure warning...
Forum: VW water cooled December 16th 10, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
2000 TDI with High Miles

"DogDiesel" > wrote:

> If you want to get a book and work on your car. Buy it. Otherwise. That
>series on VW is the worst they ever made. So Probably not.
>
>Let me ask you...
Forum: VW water cooled December 3rd 10, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
90 Jetta Carat Drivers Door Handle

Bernd Felsche > wrote:

>You can use the old lock cylinders in the new handles.

If you reuse the lock cylinder, note that you want to insert
the old key in the old...
Forum: VW water cooled December 1st 10, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Irv > wrote:

>Hi, Well it was an icy morning and me and the wife we're yanking on the
>doors of the Carat. It seems I've partially yanked the unit away from
>the door. It's the...
Forum: VW water cooled October 30th 10, 06:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
breaking problems

barry > wrote:

>Hi,
> This is probably not related to VW jettas specifically, but I'll ask
>anyway because it is happening in my 2001 jetta TDI. When I am
>breaking sometimes...
Forum: VW water cooled September 30th 10, 06:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
90 Jetta, won't start in rain.

Irv > wrote:

>Hey thanks again I cleaned the wires, tops of plugs sites where wires
>connect, inside cap... she runs. Tomorrows a monsoon and I'm pretty
>sure she'll be fine. I...
Forum: VW water cooled March 3rd 10, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
2003 Jetta TDI "Check Engine" light on

Wayne Faas > wrote:

>Just purchased a 2003 Jettat TDI with 70,000 miles from a private party
>(engine code ALH). During the test drive, I noticed that the "check...
Forum: VW water cooled February 11th 10, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Jetta TDI - Injector Pump "Security" bolt

roger paxton > wrote:

>I've got a 96 Jetta, TDI. The gasket
>is leaking around the injector pump head
>but there is a triangular shaped security
>bolt (on the left front...
Forum: VW water cooled September 9th 09, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Life expectancy of 1995 VW Golf TDI 90HP

Yipes, it's still just a baby!
My '87 Golf was sold with 654,000 miles and still going. My
'86 GTI (bought new) has 250,000+ miles and still runs like a top. My
'01 TDI is at 215,000. Many VWs...
Forum: VW water cooled July 11th 09, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
87 16V Scirocco Trans

"Bill Leary" > wrote:

>Can anyone suggest a source for a transaxle for a '87 16V Scirocco?
>
>Used or, preferably, rebuilt.

AA Transaxle (www.aatransaxle.com) here in Washington...
Forum: VW water cooled June 13th 09, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Crankcase vent hose, '87 Scirocco

"Bill Leary" > wrote:

>I'm trying to find a replacement for the crankcase ventilation hose (pipe?)
>for my '87 16V Scirocco.
>
>VW says they haven't got it and can't get it. ...
Forum: VW water cooled May 1st 09, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Auto Glass Replacement

wrote:

>I have a '91 golf and it was broken into yesterday. They broke the
>hatch window and the passenger window. I was just scouting out a few
>replacement places and it...
Forum: VW water cooled April 29th 09, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
2004 Touareg - 80K miles - center support bearing

" > wrote:

>The fact that it cannot be
>replaced except as part of a larger (and more expensive - therefore
>more profitable) assembly is ****-poor planning from VW - at...
Forum: VW water cooled April 25th 09, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

"Whatever . ." > wrote:

>Trying to get a virtual second opinion on a repair quote - a mechanic tells
>me that the center support bearing is gone - and that...
Forum: VW water cooled January 6th 09, 05:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
'98 Golf PCV valve

bruce > wrote:

>Past VW's with which I'm rather intimately familar (A1 and A2) did not
>have the assembly that sits on top of the valve cover, so I wondered
>what the function of...
Forum: VW water cooled October 13th 08, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
2000 Beetle TDi black exhaust smoke saga (continued ....)

Aawara Chowdhury > wrote:

>Over the weekend, I drove 160 miles about 70% city and 30% hwy, shifting
>at about 2000 rpm. Except for when I was on the highway, I...
Forum: VW water cooled September 25th 08, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
AMP connectors

"nutso fasst" > wrote:

>I was able to get the AMP connector off the cold start valve with a tiny
>screwdriver. But others are not so easy. When I tried to get the connector
>off...
Forum: VW water cooled August 11th 08, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Another gas leak

"Dioclese" <NONE> wrote:

>The area where am speaking is under the RH rear of the car. There are 5 or
>so standard "rubber" fuel lines using standard hose clamps. 2 clear nylon
>units that...
Forum: VW water cooled May 6th 08, 07:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
G2 gti 16v gearbox oilseal question

"Homer" > wrote:

> Some information missed in my previous post,actually I found this parts
>arrangement order when I removed the flange:
>Flange-->Spring---> Round metal...
Forum: VW water cooled May 6th 08, 07:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Mystery car

I noticed this statement:
>The two marks on the harmonic balancer and the intermediate sprocket that
> drives the distributor are now correctly lined up with one another,
> and the valves are set to...
Forum: VW water cooled December 28th 07, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
92 GTI heater core replacement

PatAL7L > wrote:

>> - Am I going to be able to do this without interfering with the air
>> conditioning?
>
>Nope. You need to take the car to a garage that services...
Forum: VW water cooled September 22nd 07, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Ah, the Stupid Mistakes We Make...

"Mister.Lull" > wrote:

>Hey All,
>
>So apparently I hadn't had enough coffee before I went to the gas
>station on my way to work this morning. I filled up, bought some
>juice,...
Forum: VW water cooled January 6th 07, 05:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Clutch hydraulics ?, '95 Passat.

wrote:

>I'm continuing to have problems with the clutch hydraulics in my '95
>VR6. The friction point of the clutch and the free play change, to
>where somedays teh friction...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25