Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.66 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ohderii_Cruiser
Forum: Technology November 15th 19, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Ohderii_Cruiser
2004 camry le 4 banger - how do I find the right front brake pads

On Thu, 14 Nov 2019 20:18:44 -0600, in rec.autos.tech you wrote:

>> I was surprised that the parts supplier sent me a GG pad by
>> the way.
>> Does the rating go any higher than GG or is GG as high...
Forum: Technology November 15th 19, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Ohderii_Cruiser
2004 camry le 4 banger - how do I find the right front brake pads

Xeno > suggested:\
>> You want friction to be controlled. You don't want grabby brakes any
>> more than you want brake fade.
>> --scott
>>
> Generally, a pad with a higher...
Forum: Technology November 15th 19, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Ohderii_Cruiser
2004 camry le 4 banger - how do I find the right front brake pads

Scott Dorsey > suggested:\
>>I really only wanted OE quality at decent prices.
>
> OE quality is pretty crappy. I don't think you can get pads as bad as OEM
> pads from any...
Forum: Technology November 14th 19, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Ohderii_Cruiser
2004 camry le 4 banger - how do I find the right front brake pads

Xeno > suggested:\
>> Thanks for explaining the chamfer is to reduce noise.
>> I had asked the internet supplier for pads meeting the OE spec.
>> He gave me these Centric GG...
Forum: Technology November 13th 19, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Ohderii_Cruiser
2004 camry le 4 banger - how do I find the right front brake pads

Xeno > suggested:\
>> Is that gas discharge why the edges are chamfered also?
>> http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=20_03.jpg
>
> No, the chamfer helps to reduce noise...
Forum: Technology November 13th 19, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Ohderii_Cruiser
2004 camry le 4 banger - how do I find the right front brake pads

Xeno > suggested:\
> On 13/11/19 7:43 am, Ohderii_Cruiser wrote:
>> Ohderii_Cruiser > suggested:\It
>> turns out the friction code is...
Forum: Technology November 12th 19, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Ohderii_Cruiser
2004 camry le 4 banger - how do I find the right front brake pads

Ohderii_Cruiser > suggested:\It
turns out the friction code is GG for the Centric pads.
Centric 301.09080 stamped CEN 30109080 31AC9101 GG 02 B19
Forum: Technology November 9th 19, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Ohderii_Cruiser
2004 camry le 4 banger - how do I find the right front brake pads

Heron > suggested:\
>> It's making noises when I brake like scraping metal but very high pitched.
>>
>> What's the right brand and model number for the pads & rotors?

Forum: Technology November 7th 19, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Ohderii_Cruiser
2004 camry le 4 banger - how do I find the right front brake pads

Scott Dorsey > suggested:\
> Why do you care? Are you racing a 2004 Camry? Are you running this through
> twisty mountains at high speeds where you worry brake fade might be an...
Forum: Technology November 7th 19, 12:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Ohderii_Cruiser
2004 camry le 4 banger - how do I find the right front brake pads

Xeno > suggested:\
>> I did that already and they don't know the friction codes.
>
> Tried the local Toyota dealer?

It's the first place I tried but they're the dumbest of...
Forum: Technology November 7th 19, 09:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Ohderii_Cruiser
2004 camry le 4 banger - how do I find the right front brake pads

Xeno > suggested:\
> Run along to the parts supply house with all the relevant vehicle ID
> information from the ID plate and they should be able to supply you with
> the...
Forum: Technology November 7th 19, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Ohderii_Cruiser
2004 camry le 4 banger - how do I find the right front brake pads

2004 camry le 4 banger - how do I find the right front brake pads and
rotors at the best price?