Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: LM[_3_]
Forum: VW water cooled October 25th 11, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By LM[_3_]
novice silly, but what is the type of wrench to take off the starter on a passat (1990)

Not 100% sure about one that year, bot have seen some triple square bolts on
starters.

"OrganicGrassDairy" > wrote in message...
Forum: Dodge September 22nd 11, 10:39 PM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 4
Posted By LM[_3_]
2005 Dodge Durango ECM location?

What engine? (not sure if it matters)

"personaobscura" > wrote in message
> Anyone out there know where the heck the...
Forum: VW water cooled August 18th 11, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By LM[_3_]
04 Jetta Wagon 2.0 BEV

No, not really. The ring splits in one spot and can slip on the shaft
causing the needle to bounce.
"me again" > wrote in message
Forum: VW water cooled August 17th 11, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By LM[_3_]
04 Jetta Wagon 2.0 BEV

There is a plastic speedo drive gear in the transmission. They like to break
causing the flaky needle on the cluster.

"Steve" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled June 18th 11, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 24
Posted By LM[_3_]
Where has everyone gone? And everyone else!

Yeah, when mine shut down, someone here pointed me towards
eternal-september. Works great for my auto newsgroups.

"HerHusband" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled June 17th 11, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 24
Posted By LM[_3_]
Where has everyone gone? And everyone else!

I dunno, maybe Dubs have stopped breaking?!?!?!?

"In2hoppn" > wrote in message
> LOL!
> Over a year later and I...
Forum: VW water cooled May 5th 11, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By LM[_3_]
1999 Eurovan Camper - Severe Hesitation

> Sounds like you have a great mechanic, who is smart enough to not just
> start replacing stuff!

It is amazing how doing that procedure can fix some of the wierdest things.
Forum: VW water cooled April 6th 11, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By LM[_3_]
Slowly oscillating temp gauge

The thermostat is a fairly simple replacement. But, make sure the engine is
full cold before removing the plastic housing. Less likely to warp if all is
cold.

"Bert Hyman" > wrote...
Forum: VW water cooled April 4th 11, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By LM[_3_]
Slowly oscillating temp gauge

Likely it is the thermostat.
Possibly the coolant temp sender.
Both have high failure rates.
Best of luck.

"Bert Hyman" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled March 7th 11, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By LM[_3_]
Iphone and 2010 Tiguan

Go to www.vw.com
Click on "Owners"
Put your car make/model in
Click on "More about bluetooth"
On right side of sreen put in your phone carrier and version.

"Lawrence" >...
Forum: VW water cooled February 21st 11, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By LM[_3_]
2000 Passat (2.0 V6) Has Sludge

Also, the V6 engines aren't as sludge prone as the 1.8Ts. Sludge is actually
not a goop but more of a cristalline substance. And roughg running isn't
from sludge unless it's happened for so long...
Forum: VW water cooled January 10th 11, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By LM[_3_]
Diesel Misfueling

"DogDiesel" > wrote in message

> "LM" > wrote in message
>>I saw...
Forum: VW water cooled January 5th 11, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By LM[_3_]
Diesel Misfueling

I saw an ad for the Fuel Sure device. It replaces your fuel cap and will not
let you put gas in a diesel. I contacted them and they cannot ship to the
USA. Does anybody know of a similar device...
Forum: VW water cooled January 3rd 11, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By LM[_3_]
98 Jetta GLX - Kombi Valve Replacement

Solenoid is under the intake. Must put car in service position to access. I
have never done a kombi on this engine. Usually those don't fail, its the
control system or pump that...
Forum: VW water cooled December 31st 10, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By LM[_3_]
98 Jetta GLX - Kombi Valve Replacement

First thing to check is the vacuum line from the solenoid to the kombi
vlave. If that's good then check the solenoid. If that's good finnaly the
kombi.

"HanKdKranK" > wrote in...
Forum: VW water cooled December 24th 10, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 0
Posted By LM[_3_]
Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all VeeDub lovers out there. Bigger wishes to all who are
frustrated with theirs.
Forum: VW water cooled December 13th 10, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By LM[_3_]
passat bluetooth

some passats come with bluetooth installed. check your window sticker to
see.

"Stuart H." > wrote in message
> On 2010-12-13 6:26 AM,...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17