Showing results 1 to 25 of 357
Search took 1.75 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ben91932
Forum: Technology April 13th 18, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By ben91932
LGX engine power output query

On Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 3:27:23 PM UTC-7, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> > wrote:
> >On Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 9:06:47 PM UTC+8, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> >>
> >> Let me guess,...
Forum: Technology October 13th 17, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 50
Posted By ben91932
Why is my 1985 s 10 2.8 engine so hard to start ?

Everything that Scott said was spot-on accurate.
With the engine cold, did you look down the carb with the choke open and work the throttle several times to see if you get a solid stream of gas...
Forum: Technology September 5th 17, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By ben91932
GM 2.8L V6 Engine Problem

On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 9:03:25 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> I have an 88 S-10 and I have replaced the Thermostat water pump and still water vkinv somewhere. Can anyone tell me...
Forum: Technology May 10th 17, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By ben91932
2006 Chevy 2500 problem

I would give the engine compartment a real good visual inspection.
I have a lot of issues with varmints eating spark plug wires and vacuum hoses.
Forum: Technology December 1st 11, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 10
Posted By ben91932
Oil leak around distributor after O-ring replacement

> last time I tried to get a dist part it was unavailable unless you were a
> rebuilder. *KB

I have had some luck in the past replacing distributor seals.
You just need to take careful measurements...
Forum: Technology November 30th 11, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By ben91932
Scraped Rear Bumper

It doesn't help that manufacturers have gotten away from using
chromed
*remember the old days of 5mph metal
> bumpers? *that got squashed p.d.q. - body shops and manufacturers
> squealed blue murder...
Forum: Technology November 16th 11, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By ben91932
Is cocaine corrosive to motor vehicles?

> If so, how should it be cleaned out from body panels and will it cause
> corrosion later on, as salt water does even when it's thoroughly
> rinsed?

Um... it was stored in plastic passages.
They...
Forum: Technology November 1st 11, 04:28 PM Posted to alt.autos.rod-n-custom,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By ben91932
Can you ID the model/year?

On Oct 29, 4:18*am, Steve Walker > wrote:
> On 10/29/2011 00:12, brassplyer wrote:
>
> > Anybody? Thanks.
>
> >http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/11/1809238//what_car.jpg

Forum: Technology October 31st 11, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.crafts.metalworking
Replies: 282
Posted By ben91932
Changing a flat tire.... with a sledgehammer??

> two weeks ago, an "over height" truck drove down my street and pulled
> the cable tv lines from a number of properties, and caused an issue with
> the electrical pole they were all mounted on. *and...
Forum: Technology October 20th 11, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 82
Posted By ben91932
GM: First VOLT, NOW Spark..

> At their current state of development, electric vehicles are
> almost entirely impractical for all but a small subset of tasks

Hmmm... lets see. More than 3/4 of all drivers in this country...
Forum: Technology October 19th 11, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 82
Posted By ben91932
GM: First VOLT, NOW Spark..

> I got an idea, lets just ditch all new technologies. Yeah, that makes a
> lot of sense.

Yeah... who needs all those newfangled technologies like seat belts,
air bags, gps, traction control,...
Forum: Technology October 19th 11, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By ben91932
2002 Ford Escort engine problem

> imagine you're nate. *imagine you just spent a bunch of money having
> some bearings replaced in your f150. *then a year later, you discover
> they weren't fixed. *truthfully, are you going to take...
Forum: Technology October 19th 11, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Oct 13, 9:23*am, "hls" > wrote:
> > Ok mechanic found out the problem..apparently it wasnt the head gasket. It
> > was dumping coolant into 1,2,and 3 piston cylinders (which...
Forum: Technology October 18th 11, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 82
Posted By ben91932
GM: First VOLT, NOW Spark..

> well theoretically, they're perfect for the vast majority of urban and
> suburban users

Over 3/4 of all daily commutes are 40 miles or less. EV's are great
for that purpose.
A buddy of mine has a...
Forum: Technology October 17th 11, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By ben91932
Some Advice To The Following Service "Professionals":

On Oct 6, 4:48*am, ChrisCoaster > wrote:
> If you work in a general service garage, a tire shop, or a quick-lube
> type facility, please take the following into consideration . ....
Forum: Technology October 12th 11, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By ben91932
2002 Ford Escort engine problem

> as for the fix, at the very least, it sounds like you'll need a new
> head. *it's not uncommon for aluminum heads that have been skimmed [at
> the head shop] as you describe, to quickly...
Forum: Technology October 12th 11, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 33
Posted By ben91932
2008 Kia Optima - Steering Wheel Vibration at speeds over 50mph since

On Oct 11, 8:22*am, ChrisCoaster > wrote:
> ..I drove over a curb/island a year ago with my Front Left Tire. *Tire

A slightly bent spindle? How does one diagnose and prove that?...
Forum: Technology October 11th 11, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 33
Posted By ben91932
bye bye rotary engine...

> You're right that the crank was bolted to the bulkhead. The prop was
> fixed to the engine housing. My guess is that moving the cylinders
> around like that promoted pretty good cooling. The...
Forum: Technology September 26th 11, 07:45 PM Posted to alt.autos.subaru,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By ben91932
Clacking from head/block

> I wouldn't discount the possibility of piston slap.

Piston slap is pretty easy to diagnose in its early stages.
You will hear piston slap most prominently when the engine is dead
cold and under a...
Forum: Technology September 20th 11, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 70
Posted By ben91932
Obama says trucks must do better

On Aug 9, 4:02*pm, Tegger > wrote:
> bob urz > wrote :

Forum: Technology September 14th 11, 06:16 PM Posted to alt.autos.subaru,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 58
Posted By ben91932
Offboard hybridization

> > I have no doubt that you were able to tow a big trailer with a small
> > car.. I have done it dozens of times myself.
> > But to say that the handling was better than a truck is absurd beyond
Forum: Technology September 13th 11, 04:59 PM Posted to alt.autos.subaru,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 58
Posted By ben91932
Offboard hybridization

> i have personally towed a [hydraulic braked] twin axle three horse
> trailer, load: one ornery 200lb pig and several full size straw bales,
> with an 1100cc fwd car. *the steepest grade was about...
Forum: Technology September 9th 11, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 42
Posted By ben91932
Can direct injection engines start without a starter motor?

On Sep 8, 9:16*pm, "larry moe 'n curly" >
wrote:
> Are any cars currently in production with direct injection designed so
> they can be be started even if the starter motor...
Forum: Technology September 9th 11, 03:57 PM Posted to alt.autos.subaru,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 58
Posted By ben91932
Offboard hybridization

On Sep 7, 11:58*pm, AD > wrote:
> A thought occurred to me last night: why do you need to bother with
> lugging a huge battery onboard
> when you could just flush the battery and the...
Forum: Technology September 7th 11, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By ben91932
The shocking truth about electric cars