Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: oklaman
Forum: Ford Explorer February 4th 07, 08:13 PM Posted to alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 18
Posted By oklaman
'05 Explorer - Change Oil Indicator

Jim,
Lighten up. It's not good for your blood pressure...
"Jim Warman" > wrote in message
Hey, Bob... since you're in the mood, how do...
Forum: Ford Explorer February 2nd 07, 01:37 AM Posted to alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 18
Posted By oklaman
'05 Explorer - Change Oil Indicator

most of you are correct, the owners manual should be consulted first.

however, my 2000 owners manual leaves a lot to be desired as far as
explanations.
"Matt Macchiarolo" >...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 25th 07, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By oklaman
cleaning instrument panel

thanks for the info.

it looks like quite a process just to clean the plastic shield.
"Mikepier" > wrote in message...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 24th 07, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 8
Posted By oklaman
Extended Warranty

when I purchased my 2000, the dealer offered an policy by Interstate, which
was less expensive than Ford.

I have had about 3-4 claims that have always been paid.
"Big Shoe"...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 23rd 07, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By oklaman
cleaning instrument panel

There is some dust and other matter that is behind the plastic (?) shield on
my instrument panel. This is the clear shield that is over the speedometer
and gauges.

Is there a way to remove this...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 21st 07, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By oklaman
ABS question

my ABS light came on recently. the dealer replaced the speed sensor.

actually, I don't really know what a speed sensor does, but I don't think it
was a major repair. You can probably get one at...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 16th 07, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By oklaman
BLown OD repair update - 92 4x4 with automatic

well, my 2000 2WD owners manual says cancel OD when towing up/down steep
hills, or towing heavy loads. it doesn't say cancel OD when towing
anything.

but I agree that it should be cancelled when...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 15th 07, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By oklaman
BLown OD repair update - 92 4x4 with automatic

a dealer told me once to never tow in OD. however, others have said no
problem with doing this.

thanks for shedding some light on this. a bad mark for Ford though.
"Ashton Crusher"...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 9th 07, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 15
Posted By oklaman
Keyless Entry

Greg-to make sure I haven't been driving around for 7 years with no
taillights, I double checked. The taillights come on when the auto
headlights come on. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Keep...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 8th 07, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 15
Posted By oklaman
Keyless Entry

totally agree...
"Jim Warman" > wrote in message
To be honest, if your car has daytime running lights, I would leave them
be.... I...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 7th 07, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By oklaman
warranty question

follow up-the car has 80000 miles and hasn't had any tune ups performed. It
is a 2WD with most power options.
"oklaman" > wrote in message ...
My 2000...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 7th 07, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By oklaman
warranty question

My 2000 Limited V8 has been a little hard to start a couple of times.
Instead of just firing up, it just kinds of putts/misses, then dies again.
It has only happened a couple of times.

From...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 7th 07, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 15
Posted By oklaman
Keyless Entry

the farther to the right you slide the mirror switch, the longer the lights
stay on. all the way to left disables auto lamp feature.
"Art McClinton" > wrote in message...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 7th 07, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 15
Posted By oklaman
Keyless Entry

Greg,
You might be mistaken. When the auto headlights come on, the taillights
also illuminate, which they should.

You are correct-the control is located on the bottom of rearview mirror.
Note...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 15th 06, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 4
Posted By oklaman
1998 Ford Explorer engine noise

When I first purchased (new) my 2000 Limited, I heard a similar noise when
engine was cold. The noise would disappear after 5-10 minutes. I didn't
worry too much about it-the car ran...
Forum: Ford Explorer November 18th 06, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 13
Posted By oklaman
'98 Explorer V8 Spark Plug Replacement?

thanks Paul. A very good answer.

oklaman wrote:
> somewhere I read (wish I could remember where)...
Forum: Ford Explorer November 13th 06, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 13
Posted By oklaman
'98 Explorer V8 Spark Plug Replacement?

somewhere I read (wish I could remember where) that double tip platinum's
were not really any better than regular platinum's, just costs more.

my 2000 V8 will be needing plugs before too long. now...
Forum: Ford Explorer November 11th 06, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 4
Posted By oklaman
Explorer Alignment

Unfortunately, in the Dallas area, we don't have the two above mentioned
shops.

I used Sears last time, but not sure I really trust them.
> wrote in message...
Forum: Ford Explorer October 30th 06, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 8
Posted By oklaman
Michelin Tires, Cross Terrain or LTX?

I had the LTX and really liked them. Sears put them on during the Firestone
recall.

I really did like the tires and was getting very good tread wear. At about
50K miles, the tire started cupping...
Forum: Ford Explorer October 28th 06, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 11
Posted By oklaman
Kelly Tires

i think with firestone, badyear, and others, "you pays your money, you takes
your chances".

"Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"

"rvfulltime" > wrote in message...
Forum: Honda October 25th 06, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By oklaman
WARNING-LONG: Ford Posts Loss of $5.8 Billion, Worst Since ’92

ford, gm, chrysler-they just don't get it...
"Sparky Spartacus" > wrote in message
October 24, 2006
Ford Posts Loss of $5.8...
Forum: Ford Explorer October 25th 06, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By oklaman
Homelink Lost Power

you might look at the web site. that's where i got my help previously.
"brazzle" > wrote in message
Hello All,

I...
Forum: Ford Explorer October 18th 06, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 9
Posted By oklaman
O/D usage

someone told me once that towing with O/D on is very hard on the
transmission, I suppose the gear that is engaged with O/D.

whenever I tow my boat, I don't use O/D.
"Holmbrew"...
Forum: Honda October 13th 06, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 30
Posted By oklaman
tire recommendations

I have the Goodyear triple treads and I have been very pleased. I don't
work for Goodyear.

there are two versions of the TT ( I can't remember the names). you need to
get the more expensive one....
Forum: Mazda October 13th 06, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By oklaman
No problema!

John,
If you need assistance I can be of a lot of help.

I once operated on my own heart. The worst part is the messy blood.

My suggestion is to drain all blood before proceeding.
"John McGaw"...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29