Showing results 1 to 25 of 180
Search took 0.53 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ed Pawlowski
Forum: Technology October 17th 18, 04:48 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Ed Pawlowski
Homework 10 home automotive repairs starting from an oil changeand ending with engine replacement

On 10/16/2018 11:22 PM, Drago Giambattista Esposito wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski
>> I see no mention of spark plugs.
>
> I forgot all about spark plugs!
> Even though they last 100K miles, they need to be...
Forum: Technology October 17th 18, 03:33 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Ed Pawlowski
Homework 10 home automotive repairs starting from an oil changeand ending with engine replacement

> Drago Giambattista Esposito wrote:
>> I'm taking a night class on auto maintenance in adult school.
>> There is no grade and no tests. Just learning. And fun.
>>
>> The teacher asked today, the...
Forum: Technology August 3rd 18, 02:06 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Ed Pawlowski
What options exist for getting duplicate automobile remotes?

On 8/3/2018 4:42 AM, Arlen Holder wrote:

> How do they prevent theft?
>
> That is, what proof do you normally give them that it's YOUR car?
>
> NOTE: I'm not trying to steal a car ... I'm just...
Forum: Technology July 12th 18, 03:59 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Ed Pawlowski
how does the map get into the radio?

On 7/11/2018 8:40 PM, micky wrote:

>> Paper maps are FREE at any DMV. Thats all I need!!!!
>
> I mostly agree with you. That's what ended up working on my Sunday
> drive the other day.

Forum: Technology July 11th 18, 10:35 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

On 7/11/2018 12:32 PM, Frank wrote:

> Don't know about current Toyota's but a friend said it would cost $200
> to have dealer put new maps in his Rav 4.Â* Garmin maps may be updated as
> much...
Forum: Technology March 29th 18, 07:39 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Ed Pawlowski
car stumbles going around corners but no MIL

On 3/29/2018 2:09 PM, Bob J Jones wrote:
> For about a year now, the car stumbles when going around corners, where I
> can't figure out what the stumbling is due to.
>
> It didn't used to be so...
Forum: Technology February 21st 18, 02:45 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 205
Posted By Ed Pawlowski
Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

On 2/20/2018 12:05 PM, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> In article >,
> alan_m > wrote:
>> I predict that staying in the EU or leaving will...
Forum: Technology February 20th 18, 05:42 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 2/19/2018 8:58 PM, ultred ragnusen wrote:

> Plugging from the outside is pretty simple on all tires.
>
> Patchplugging from the inside is simple - if - if you have the tools, which
> cost...
Forum: Technology February 18th 18, 03:40 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 2/17/2018 8:43 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

> You are best to rotate only front to back on MOST vehicles -and MUST
> do so with "directional" tires.
>
> In over 40 years Ihave NEVER done...
Forum: Technology December 13th 17, 04:48 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 44
Posted By Ed Pawlowski
Is there a database online for the number of shop hours a carrepair should take?

On 12/12/2017 9:26 PM, Rene Lamontagne wrote:

> 1960 to 1970 I owned my own business in a 2 car service station/garage.
> Our labor rates were $6.50 per hour, Increased to $7.00 an hour in 1965
Forum: Technology December 11th 17, 03:02 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,alt.windows7.general

On 12/10/2017 10:04 PM, Ken Springer wrote:

>> Besides the mechanic's pay rate, add in employer matching
>> taxes, fees, licenses, inspections, insurance, rent,
>> property tax, supplies,...
Forum: Technology December 11th 17, 01:46 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,alt.windows7.general

On 12/10/2017 6:17 PM, pjp wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
>>
>> I was told that there is a manual auto repair shops look up to...
Forum: Technology December 7th 17, 01:05 AM Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 36
Posted By Ed Pawlowski
Where to get car rear-deck speakers (haven't bought speakers indecades)

On 12/6/2017 4:37 PM, sms wrote:

> My belief is that the lack of mechanical ability among many youth and
> adults is based on two things:
>
> 1. Japanese cars. Far fewer mechanical breakdowns...
Forum: Technology December 6th 17, 03:39 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

On 12/6/2017 12:00 AM, micky wrote:

> Shopping for a car a couple months ago, guy had a beautiful red Mustang,
> special black trim, special power chip for ignition, car 12 years old
> but...
Forum: Technology December 5th 17, 01:14 AM Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

On 12/4/2017 5:54 PM, Oren wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 20:56:03 +0000 (UTC), harry newton
> > wrote:
>

>> That's a good idea to wiggle wires (I haven't done speakers in...
Forum: Technology November 8th 17, 09:18 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 528
Posted By Ed Pawlowski
What are some car-repair jobs you always wished you could do buthave never done?

On 11/7/2017 11:00 PM, Vic Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 01:13:40 +0000 (UTC), RS Wood > wrote:
>
>> Vic Smith wrote:
>>
>>> <snipped some nonsense about Hummers and dump...
Forum: Technology November 7th 17, 03:35 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair

On 11/6/2017 10:46 PM, Frank wrote:

> OK, let's say it's 1% of the days. I don't want to be needlessly late
> on ANY of those days. More than that, the FACT that traffic is now
> flowing more...
Forum: Technology November 7th 17, 04:00 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair

On 11/6/2017 7:19 PM, RS Wood wrote:
> Xeno wrote:
>
>> I only really started learning *after* I completed my apprenticeship -
>> and I've never stopped learning ever since.
>
> You stop learning...
Forum: Technology November 6th 17, 09:33 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair

On 11/6/2017 12:04 PM, RS Wood wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> People that do not have a TV tend to have a superiority complex. Sure,
>> 95% of it is crap, but there are some excellent shows on...
Forum: Technology November 6th 17, 09:00 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair

On 11/6/2017 12:12 PM, RS Wood wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> No one can teach you anything as you know everything.
>
> You think that because I asked you to think logically like an adult...
Forum: Technology November 6th 17, 06:05 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair

On 11/6/2017 11:56 AM, RS Wood wrote:
> wrote:
>
>> I've always said it's what you learn AFTER you know it all that
>> REALLY counts - - -
>
> Did any of you actually *read*...
Forum: Technology November 6th 17, 05:57 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair

On 11/6/2017 10:20 AM, RS Wood wrote:
> Xeno wrote:
>
>> Fractionally more than you. I watch the news on TV. That's it.
>
> I get my news off the net.
>
> But someone must be watching TV or cable...
Forum: Technology November 6th 17, 05:24 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair

On 11/6/2017 10:23 AM, wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Nov 2017 09:47:23 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

Forum: Technology November 6th 17, 04:47 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair

On 11/6/2017 4:01 AM, wrote:

> A good independent and a good dealer can both come in handy. My
> brother operated an independent shop for several decades (after
> working for...
Forum: Technology November 6th 17, 04:42 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair