Showing results 1 to 25 of 67
Search took 0.79 seconds.
Forum: Technology July 9th 20, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Cracked Block Probability

I won't remember the details clearly by my '70 chevy lost a "freeze plug" in the winter 'cuz my antifreeze measure was faulty. I do remember desperately pouring water in, that had ice in it. The...
Forum: Technology March 15th 20, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
What actually happened with the parking brake?

Thanks for posting the problem, since you had to confess you are not perfect. I sure ain't. you remind me of my 64 beetle in the German mountains having brake fade. I remember that feeling. One of my...
Forum: Technology November 14th 19, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Hydraulic clutch

Well I sure was wrong. Today warming up didn't help and the electrical faults got massively worse, clock radio flickering, nasty tap noise on the radio, lights went out, and when I drifted it down...
Forum: Technology November 9th 19, 12:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Hydraulic clutch

I got a surprise today when leaving for work, I wasn't getting enough torque to drive up the hill. After warming up for a half a minute it got better. 1994 Saturn SL 2 has a lot of little flaws, but...
Forum: Technology October 3rd 19, 09:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
1980 Ford Ranger barn find

The almost ready to go classic car has been put in the garage. It should be safe. I will go again and see if we can clean out the garage enough to put the truck back in so they will both be safe....
Forum: Technology September 20th 19, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
1980 Ford Ranger barn find

Oh no, the guys classic car looks good. It needs brakework, exhaust work, and paperwork. I like to think we only need to bleed the brakes, but I may be fooling myself. Anybody here near western PA?...
Forum: Technology August 14th 18, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
ignition hard to turn

> You're putting a load on the latch of the steering wheel lock. Rotate the steering wheel until the pressure is relieved and frees up the ignition lock.

yep on my antique car I turn the wheel about...
Forum: Technology March 24th 18, 06:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
stretched timing belt?

WHile we are on the subject of belts, my '94 Saturn SL 2 got a replacement belt a year or two ago, and on start up I still get a lot of squeeling. Somebody mentioned "belt ease" to stop it. Is that a...
Forum: Technology January 3rd 18, 08:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Musk electric pickup truck.

I am amazed at the mileage they are getting from modern-managed batteries. When a radio show said the new electric semi was expected to get 500 miles I thought it was absurd until I remembered the...
Forum: Technology December 17th 17, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
My 1983 Dodge van.

can I borrow it?

I used to drive a safari, and had some important work done on it. An apprentice left his crescent wrench inside the drivers door, and every time I went over a bump the doorlocks...
Forum: Technology December 15th 17, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
American car will have 1,150 horsepower

There is a car club in Pittsburgh I was tempted to join, but the pal with the rare special car just sold it, after me offering to help put it back on the road. I did attend some shows.

I think we...
Forum: Technology July 29th 17, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
87 buick park avenue threw the serpentine belt.

Neighbor lady wants me to help. Her dads 1987 buick park avenue malfunctioned and she limped it back to her driveway. It then vented coolant.

When I checked the belt it looked good, but was off. I...
Forum: Technology July 29th 17, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Logic for or against the tire-rotation pattern X > H > X > H

I intend to cross them to the other side. the old shop had it's alignment machine rust to pieces, and I won't find another shop until I get a good reccomendation, which does'nt happen, so I've 2 bad...
Forum: Technology March 15th 17, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
radiators

I need one. The 1994 Saturn SL2 has a plastic topped radiator. There is a crack, which was plugged with plumbers epoxy, or I should says used to be plugged.

Now, in the old days I would assume some...
Forum: Technology November 3rd 16, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Horn failure on 94 Saturn SL2

The Haynes manual says to swap out the relay with a known good one to see if that is the problem. There is some very vague stuff about the wiring harness. I'm satisfied that it isn't the horn buttons...
Forum: Technology September 10th 16, 12:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
The first VW engineer to plead guilty is "remorseful"

No, no, He's a German engineer, he is remorseful about making an inadequate machine.
Forum: Technology August 6th 16, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Fully opening rear windows

I can remember in the 60's I said I wanted wheels out further toward the corners and I was told that was an evil idea and I was a bad person for suggesting it, even moreso for the "front tires as...
Forum: Technology July 28th 16, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
vandalized, stuff on windshield

My stick shift '64 beetle required one hand on the wheel and one hand scraping ice off the inside of the windshield. When you added the 3-footed pedal work to keep it from stalling in a shift it was...
Forum: Technology July 21st 16, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Tuesday, July 19, 2016 at 8:25:01 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On 7/19/2016 6:09 AM, wrote:
> > Car just got vandalized, stuff on windshield, hopefully not paint.
> > Probably...
Forum: Technology July 19th 16, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
vandalized, stuff on windshield

Okay, cops insisted I check to see if it is small time, or paint would require bigtime case filing, so turns out it's not so bad. The brilliant neighbor found a yoghurt drink container. I'll just use...
Forum: Technology July 19th 16, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
vandalized, stuff on windshield

Car just got vandalized, stuff on windshield, hopefully not paint.
Probably landlord who is breaking the lease for developers.

I'll want advice on cleaning.

Oh, and its a 94 Saturn SL2, cuz you...
Forum: Technology July 18th 16, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Soviet-Era Recall & TSB Access On Line...

I did the cold war thing. I've read opinions from other spooks that the new form of US with bosses always getting away with things is, in these professional opinions, very soviet.

I had a problem...
Forum: Technology December 16th 15, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 239
Posted By [email protected]
Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

Please don't feel so bad about paying for non-service. Last time I went to a big-box national chair for simple tire stuff they did potentially life threatening sabotage; overtightened spindle nut.
Forum: Technology December 16th 15, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Fords police pursuit wins

Amazing. I was at a car-con and the eco-boost was on display with tech guys talking about how they want to sell improvements to it, and I was amazed at how small it was. If I ever get my physics...
Forum: Technology December 16th 15, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
towing well beyond capacity for short distances

You said "with a rope" back in the old days when my dad did that, he would also tie an old used tire to the bumper to act as a cushion for the inevitable bumper bonking when you stop. That is, tire...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 67