Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.89 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Steve Foley
Forum: VW air cooled August 2nd 07, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve Foley
Type 3 Notchback Question

Were Notchbacks imported into the US?

When I was a kid, my parents bought one. The dealer who sold it to them told
them that they weren't imported into the US, and this one had been brought
back...
Forum: Jeep July 27th 07, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By Steve Foley
Building a 'new' CJ7

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message

> Mahindra is one:
Forum: Jeep July 27th 07, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By Steve Foley
Building a 'new' CJ7

I saw on the Discovery Channel a company out of California building 'new'
1969 Camaros (Unique Performance). They're getting $125,000 for them. They
start with a junk from a boneyard, presumably...
Forum: Jeep July 13th 07, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 90
Posted By Steve Foley
OT - 225 and counting :-(

"c" > wrote in message

> Most ISP's won't let you do this from home, which is why a forum might be
> better. Lots of free hosting sites out...
Forum: Jeep July 13th 07, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 90
Posted By Steve Foley
OT - 225 and counting :-(

"c" > wrote in message

> I think there are probably enough good forums out there that the good
> people here could migrate to, but if...
Forum: VW air cooled June 6th 07, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve Foley
Liability for labour on faulty clutch

"Balders" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 17:29:11 -0000, anton wrote:
>
>> On Jun 1, 6:00 am,...
Forum: Jeep June 4th 07, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By Steve Foley
86 Wrangler FSM

"Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message

Forum: Jeep June 4th 07, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

> There is no such thing as an '86 Wrangler.

Mine was manufactured on 03/17/1986.
Forum: VW water cooled May 23rd 07, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Steve Foley
1998 VW Passat 2.8V6: Oil Pressure Warning at 1600 RPM

"cbdunn via CarKB.com" <u26855@uwe> wrote in message

> I can duplicate the problem at will. I get it EVERY time I hover at 1600.
> I've hovered at every 100
> increments...
Forum: VW air cooled May 17th 07, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Steve Foley
Saw this on Craigslist

http://worcester.craigslist.org/car/332540115.html

I have too many projects going on, but if I didn't, I'd grab this.

Volkswagon 1977 Transporter...
Forum: VW water cooled May 9th 07, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve Foley
1984 Rabbit GTI Starts then dies

"Tube Audio" > wrote in message news:dGl0i.1389
> The fuel pump is ok as I put a new one in a few months ago.

Being recently installed is reason enough to be suspect.
Forum: VW water cooled May 7th 07, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Steve Foley
Need 96 Jetta Throttle Body 2.0 Core

Does anyone have an old throttle body hanging around they want to unload?

I'm looking for a core. Mine has one small defect, adn I'd like to keep it
as a spare.

Contact me at steve dot foley at...
Forum: Jeep May 4th 07, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 22
Posted By Steve Foley
Off Topic seven dollar gas.

"DougW" > wrote in message
> L.W. (Bill) Hughes III wrote:
>> The town south of me, Rancho Santa Fe is selling our new...
Forum: VW water cooled May 3rd 07, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 23
Posted By Steve Foley
Changing struts

"Jim Behning" > wrote in message

> My quick thought is this. Like the
> alignment shops get your...
Forum: Jeep March 2nd 07, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By Steve Foley
Win a waterless carwash pack!

That's why their website is called

hint: sand things

"Scott in Baltimore" > wrote in message
> Waterless? If...
Forum: Jeep February 28th 07, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By Steve Foley
Cover up attempt = SPAM

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message
> Earle Horton wrote:
>> "Mike Romain" > wrote in message
Forum: Jeep February 16th 07, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve Foley
Broken Jeep heater and unhappy wife!

I received this from a friend, but I've never owned a Jeep Cherokee (I own a
CJ and YJ, My Cherokee is a Piper). Anyone know how to fix this?

Hi all,

My 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee has developed a...
Forum: Jeep February 14th 07, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.jeep,rec.autos.jeep+willys,rec.autos.makers.jeep
Replies: 16
Posted By Steve Foley
YJ stuck in gear

> wrote in message
> 1989 258 cui 5 speed.
> The clutch works great, I tried putting the transfer case in netural. It
> feels...
Forum: Jeep January 19th 07, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve Foley
ATTN Mike Romain 97 cherokee stuck in part time

> wrote in message
> Thanks for your response even selecting gears manually under car with
> linkage removed does not work I now...
Forum: Jeep January 12th 07, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 12
Posted By Steve Foley
need a softop....

"agent99" > wrote in message
> when i bought my jeep 6years ago it had a softop.. but need to be replaced
Forum: Jeep January 11th 07, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 23
Posted By Steve Foley
A cheap chance to repent! '98 Vette For Sale

"The Reverend Natural Light" > wrote in message

> As for Corvettes, once it's a few years old, you can't give one...
Forum: Jeep January 10th 07, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

<offtopic> wrote in message news:Ho9ph.107$%6.41@bigfe9...
> Corvette Convertible '98 For Sale - $18,000
> (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
> Reply to:
> '98 Black C5...
Forum: Jeep January 5th 07, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 20
Posted By Steve Foley
Get a life (I think he is jello of Bill)

"FrankW" > wrote in message
> Could "we" not harass the remailer?

I think there are several, if not many, remailers involved.
Forum: Jeep January 5th 07, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Earle Horton" > wrote in message
> This has been going on for a long time, perhaps a year or more.

I just checked, and...
Forum: Jeep December 27th 06, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Steve Foley
87 YJ hard to get started

Fuel filter is improperly installed.