Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ruud van Gaal
Forum: Simulators March 22nd 10, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 15
Posted By Ruud van Gaal
rF2 Screenies

Uwe wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 04:33:57 -0700 (PDT), mookytc wrote:
>
>>> http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-in-game-footage-screengrabs/
>> Wonder if they put the West Brothers on to paint some...
Forum: Simulators January 17th 10, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 15
Posted By Ruud van Gaal
F1 comes to iRacing

Byron Forbes wrote:
> http://www.inracingnews.com/formula-one-news/williams-f1-and-iracing-announce-virtual-version-of-att-williams-fw31/
>

> Finally a proper F1 sim after all these years!...
Forum: Simulators December 21st 09, 11:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 11
Posted By Ruud van Gaal
traction control algorithms

Michal Brzozowski wrote:
> On Dec 15, 11:56 pm, Ruud van Gaal > wrote:
>> Michal Brzozowski wrote:
>>> I'm trying to gather some information about traction control systems,
>>> in...
Forum: Simulators December 15th 09, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

Michal Brzozowski wrote:
> On Dec 12, 4:40 pm, Michal Brzozowski >
> wrote:
>> Hi,
> Another question. Does anyone have Pacejka data for one tire model on
> 2 different...
Forum: Simulators December 15th 09, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

Michal Brzozowski wrote:
> I'm trying to gather some information about traction control systems,
> in particular ABS and ESC. I'm mainly interested in what the inputs
> are to those systems, and what...
Forum: Simulators November 17th 09, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 1
Posted By Ruud van Gaal
Thrustmaster wheel

Sounds like the game is using controller input to act like a mouse, and
scrolls your list accordingly.
Try pressing the pedals a few times to let the wheel calibrate itself.
Otherwise play with the...
Forum: Simulators November 12th 09, 01:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Posted By Ruud van Gaal
GPL Salisbury diff preload

Thanks for the elaborate reply (as always, most enlightening :) ).

> of clutches, not ramp angle, nothing. You set preload torque directly
> like described earlier. However, you could try...
Forum: Simulators November 6th 09, 10:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Posted By Ruud van Gaal
GPL Salisbury diff preload

Hi all,

Not sure if RAS is stilled filled with car sim creators as back in the
day. ;-)

I'm currently revising my differential code (in Racer) and trying to get
Salisbury diffs to work as a...
Forum: Simulators October 5th 09, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 14
Posted By Ruud van Gaal
AMD alternative toTriplehead multiple screen simming

Andrew MacPherson wrote:
> I've been ignoring hardware for a while... the more I read, the more money I tend
> to want to spend. ;-)
>
> So AMD's new generation of vid cards have come as a bit of a...
Forum: Simulators July 31st 09, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 1
Posted By Ruud van Gaal
Slip ratio problem at low speeds.

soku11 wrote:
> Hi all!
> I've got a problem with implementing a simple car physics to my secret
> game :) It's regarded to calculating the slip ratio at low speeds.
> I also know, that something...
Forum: Simulators May 29th 09, 11:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 44
Posted By Ruud van Gaal
Opinion on iRacing short falls.

wrote:
> On May 25, 7:12 am, "jeffareid" > wrote:
>> Games
>> can be used to learn the basic layout of a new track, but a driver isn't
>> going to learn his...
Forum: Simulators May 11th 09, 01:33 PM Posted to fj.kanji,rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By Ruud van Gaal
Automotive simulators are responsible for reckless driving!!!

I believe the opposite.
Knowing how a car responds when losing control may very well save your
life IRL.

And indeed trolling, but well, I've typed this in now anyway. ;-)

Ruud

Rita B. Flesh...
Forum: Simulators April 9th 09, 10:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 0
Posted By Ruud van Gaal
Jumping cars while crashing in simulator

Hi all,

One of the problems my simulator software (racer.nl) has, is that once a
car gets sideways, all kinds of weird flying about starts happening when
you tip the car.
The reason lies somewhat...
Forum: Simulators January 27th 09, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By Ruud van Gaal
Engine and reaction torques and inertia

teTodd Wasson wrote:
> On Dec 2 2008, 8:12 am, jlevick > wrote:
>> Thanks for your response Jeff!
>>
>>> You're assuming each wheel get's equal torque?
>> In the absence of a...
Forum: Simulators September 22nd 08, 11:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 15
Posted By Ruud van Gaal
Realistic racing and bumper cars?

John Doe wrote:
> Peter > wrote:
>
>> says...
>>> Unless you are planning on becoming a race driver, for which you
>>> will need a lot...
Forum: Simulators July 25th 08, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 5
Posted By Ruud van Gaal
The perfect racing simulation oriented game?

You can also add some physics, see for example the I-Way building in
Lyon. ;-) But those are expensive puppies.
Still, playing with cues too much leaves simulation and enters arcade
indeed. The...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16