Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: jd-drafter@home
Forum: VW air cooled February 18th 07, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By jd-drafter@home
68' vert turn signal issue...

well i guess i need to look... vert's are new to me... i am used to beat up
bajas ansd rusted out square backs...

thanks for the ideas...

jd-drafter

"Speedy Jim" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW air cooled February 17th 07, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By jd-drafter@home
68' vert turn signal issue...

hello all-

i have noticed that my turn signals work in the morning when cold... but
stop working in the afternoon?

like clockwork, what could be causing that? a relay maybe?

also, any idea where...
Forum: VW air cooled February 3rd 07, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By jd-drafter@home
squealing speedo question...

"Speedy Jim" > wrote in message
> jd-drafter@home wrote:

> Dear shop grunt:

thanks- i'll give that a look- could i just...
Forum: VW air cooled February 3rd 07, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By jd-drafter@home
squealing speedo question...

hello- i am a semi new poster and long time lurker here,

planning on becoming more frequent as i work on my daughters 68 vert...

as the subject indicates the speedo is given o fit's of incredibly...
Forum: VW air cooled January 6th 07, 06:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By jd-drafter@home
Stereo Inconspicuous.....

you might consider using an mp3 player... they are small and easily hidden,
hold lot's of music, and can easily be connected to a stereo system.

jjd

"Eric" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW air cooled July 28th 06, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By jd-drafter@home
another vert. question... 1970

i found a 1970 vert- that has a swingaxle and 4 bold rims... ?

is that possible? or would that indicate a conversion of some sort?

thanks

jjd
Forum: VW air cooled July 4th 06, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By jd-drafter@home
1970 VERT...Swingaxle?

> That's how they were in Europe I think? Nothing special about that.
> What you found may be a body swap, did you check if the pans have facroty
> convertible reinforcements underneath?

i did...
Forum: VW air cooled July 4th 06, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By jd-drafter@home
1970 VERT...Swingaxle?

> Find the VIN stamped under the rear seat.
> A resto made up of different pan and bodies?

that was my next move...

> Or...it was an imported car; often different than US spec.

cool- thanks...
Forum: VW air cooled July 3rd 06, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By jd-drafter@home
1970 VERT...Swingaxle?

is that possible? it was a junkyard resto, has the dualport/doghouse/dual
oil relief engine, in pretty good shape.

now sure how i missed this... i just assumed it was irs...? and i think it's
ball...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9