Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.34 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: DougW[_6_]
Forum: Jeep August 30th 15, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By DougW[_6_]
ZJ Starter

J. Clarke wrote:
> Does anybody know of a decent starter for the '97 5.2 ZJ? I seem to
> be getting about 2 years out of the ones from the auto parts stores
> and it's a pain in the butt.

I'm still...
Forum: Jeep July 23rd 15, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By DougW[_6_]
OT I have a question

Budd Cochran wrote:
> I bought a 1985 Dodge D250 today to give me transportation since the
> XJ is acting up.
>
> It has a Stahl service body in place of the regular pickup bed and I'm
> thinking of...
Forum: Jeep July 10th 15, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By DougW[_6_]
The New Popemobile

J. Clarke wrote:
> CBS Evening News, Tuesday, July 6, 2015. Seems the Hyundai didn't
> work out and the new Popemobile is a Jeep. They don't mention it in
> the story but there's a very clear shot...
Forum: Jeep July 10th 15, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 1
Posted By DougW[_6_]
Low engine oil pressure when turning left!?!?!

6317782 wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Got a strangle problem that I can't seem to figure out.
>
> 1997 TJ Sahara, 4.0L I6.
>
> Got the engine rebuilt recently, and the mech screwed it up. It's
> burning oil...
Forum: Jeep July 4th 15, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By DougW[_6_]
now to trace a vacuum leak

Budd Cochran wrote:
> On 6/22/2015 9:47 PM, Budd Cochran wrote:
>
> Finally got the vacuum lines tested and the one I thought was bad
> wasn't.

> Over $300 (not counting the camshaft and kit as it...
Forum: Jeep June 23rd 15, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By DougW[_6_]
now to trace a vacuum leak

Budd Cochran wrote:
> On 6/20/2015 8:59 AM, DougW wrote:
>> Budd Cochran wrote:
>>
>>> Unfortunately, there isn't a diagram of the heater vacuum circuits
>>> available online for the 89 XJ that I've...
Forum: Jeep June 20th 15, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By DougW[_6_]
now to trace a vacuum leak

Budd Cochran wrote:

> Unfortunately, there isn't a diagram of the heater vacuum circuits
> available online for the 89 XJ that I've been able to find.

Will this...
Forum: Jeep June 13th 15, 07:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By DougW[_6_]
bad camshaft may be the culprit to all my troubles

Budd Cochran wrote:
> On 6/8/2015 4:58 PM, DougW wrote:
>>
>> Ok, that's odd to me. Only issue I ever had with a cam was stalling
>> (no acceleration except at speed) from my 82 C-10 chevy POS....
Forum: Jeep June 8th 15, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Budd Cochran wrote:
> I had my 89 XJ listed for sale and one person that stopped to see it
> decided to not buy it but, since he had retired as a mechanic for Phil
> Long Ford in Colorado Springs,...
Forum: Jeep April 26th 15, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By DougW[_6_]
fuel injection trivia questions

Budd and Sandy wrote:

> Since my 89 xj is officially up for sale, I'll be leaving the group.

:( Just because you won't have a Jeep anymore doesn't mean you have to leave.
Then again I'm not sure...
Forum: Jeep April 19th 15, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By DougW[_6_]
MAT sensor

DougW wrote:
> Budd Cochran wrote:
>> 89 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 and all the bells and whistles
>>
>> I'm picking up new O2 and Map sensors and figured I might as well
>> replace the MAT also.
>>
>> Ok,...
Forum: Jeep April 19th 15, 04:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By DougW[_6_]
MAT sensor

Budd Cochran wrote:
> 89 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 and all the bells and whistles
>
> I'm picking up new O2 and Map sensors and figured I might as well
> replace the MAT also.
>
> Ok, O'Reilly's doesn't list...
Forum: Jeep April 16th 15, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 1
Posted By DougW[_6_]
1996 jeep cherokee rear brakes lock up

Sevenday61 wrote:
> 1996 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0L, manual trans, no ABS. the rear brakes were
> locking up, noticed that the park cables were not fully releasing and
> the drums were oversized. Replaced...
Forum: Jeep April 11th 15, 07:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By DougW[_6_]
I give up. For sale: 89 XJ Cherokee Limited

Budd Cochran wrote:
> 89 Jeep XJ 4.0 auto (includes 40 chan. CB radio with dual 4'
> antennas).
> Random cutting out while driving, has stalled completely, road speed
> not a factor.
>
> Stalling at...
Forum: Jeep March 27th 15, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By DougW[_6_]
Aw, dang! Ignition control module bit the dust!!

Budd Cochran wrote:
> (89 Cherokee 4.0)
>
> The hiccups eased a bit but then came back after the tune up.
>
> In fact, the dang thing quit as I was pulling out of the local
> O'Reilly's and I had to...
Forum: Jeep March 26th 15, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By DougW[_6_]
AFTER INSTALLING NEW IDLE CONTROL UNIT IT STILL IDLES AT 2200 AFTER WARM UP. W

DECKSLIDER wrote:
> WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?

Punt?

I have no idea

1) what vehicle you are dealing with
2) what your original problem was
Forum: Jeep March 26th 15, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By DougW[_6_]
Another automotive technician eats his words

Dale Beckett wrote:
> Budd Cochran said:

<snip>

>> You would need to find what is the shortest length you could run from
>> the cap tower contact that's the farthest from it's cylinder.
>>
>> On...
Forum: Jeep March 24th 15, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Budd Cochran wrote:
> I had been trying to track down a random miss in my 89 XJ (4.0 Renix,
> auto) for the past year ... yeah, it was that random.
>
> Then it finally became somewhat regular with...
Forum: Jeep March 19th 15, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By DougW[_6_]
weird - no posts since 12/2014

MtnRgr wrote:
> Good to see you guys are still around. I check the postings about
> everyday to see if there is any more sage advice on keeping the old CJ
> running. The manuals simply don't have all...
Forum: Jeep March 16th 15, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By DougW[_6_]
weird - no posts since 12/2014

wrote: