Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.28 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Speedy Jim
Forum: VW air cooled November 22nd 07, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Speedy Jim
heat related: old questions, new "asker"

Kirk wrote:
> Speedy,
> Glad you answered the user's request for assistance. That website's
> heater boxes provided a good picture, but I noted one thing in the
> description that would make me...
Forum: VW air cooled November 21st 07, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

wrote:

> Well I bought a nightmare bug this summer and every time I need
> something to work, it simply doesn't.
> it's a type 1 1976.
>
> A few questions:
>

> 1. The air tubes...
Forum: VW air cooled November 14th 07, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Speedy Jim
Beetle to Ghia transplant?

Tricky wrote:

> Al Adams wrote:
>
>> My son has a 1970 Karmann Ghia restoration project car that features
>> the infamous Autostick tranny. We have a totally rotten Beetle of the
>> same year...
Forum: VW air cooled November 13th 07, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Speedy Jim
Beetle to Ghia transplant?

Al Adams wrote:
> My son has a 1970 Karmann Ghia restoration project car that features the
> infamous Autostick tranny. We have a totally rotten Beetle of the same year
> with a manual gearbox.
Forum: VW air cooled November 11th 07, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Speedy Jim
starting problem

wrote:
> Had a beetle that came in (push start) for a starting
> problem,electronic ignition and while your at it throw on some door
> panels.
>
> Well no dash lights has me...
Forum: VW air cooled November 6th 07, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Speedy Jim
Replacing swing axle rubber boots

Veeduber wrote:
>> I haven't located a set of solid boots, Who sells the best quality?

> Just fill the...
Forum: VW air cooled November 5th 07, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Beetlenut wrote:
> Hello out there,
>
> has anyone done, tried or has information about the replacement of the
> rubber boots on a 1200 swing axle transmission?
> I possible I want to you the...
Forum: VW air cooled November 3rd 07, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Speedy Jim
Starter Bushing

Mel P. wrote:
> TO all and Speedy Jim,
>
> I believe Jim answered the following before for me:
>
> Is there an easy way to replace the bushing (engine in car)?
>
> thanx,
>
> Mel P.
Forum: VW air cooled November 2nd 07, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Speedy Jim
"Under Pressure!"

Macsoft wrote:
> Hi there.
> My pressure originalsensor was shot, and got me a pressure gauge with
> sender.Now there is one more bluey and pointing thingy in my dash :)
> Question: What pressure...
Forum: VW air cooled October 29th 07, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Speedy Jim
New to the group

ArcadeForever wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to this group, I am hoping this would be the best newsgroup
> for type I/II busses.
>
> thanks
> AF

Forum: VW air cooled October 29th 07, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Speedy Jim
Rear Wheel Bearing Frustration

Harry Smith wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have been struggling with my right rear wheel bearing. The inner
> bearing came out no problem with only a hammer and improvised drift.
> The outer bearing is...
Forum: VW air cooled October 29th 07, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 14
Posted By Speedy Jim
Need help from you english-speaking folks....

Juan wrote:
> I say pine (grew up in NJ)

Well, that explains it! LOL

Jim (Former Joiseyite)
Forum: VW air cooled October 29th 07, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Speedy Jim
oh, no another T-2 power brake q.

A Veteran wrote:
> I had some stalling (no idle) on my '71 bus. with a '78 front end.
> it would idle when I plugged the vacuum line to the servo.
> How do you check for leaks in the servo?

You...
Forum: VW air cooled October 28th 07, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Macsoft wrote:
> This is an off-topic, but kinda close to VW topics.. :)
> ALPINE, car audio band, how do you pronouce it? the "PINE" section,
> is like "Pine" (the tree), or like "Pin" (like...
Forum: VW air cooled October 18th 07, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Speedy Jim
74 Bus w/ 78 FI stalls at idle when warm

wrote:
> OK, I've got a 74 bus with a 78 FI retrofit. Runs like a top! Great
> response, perfect acceleration, timing is spot on. But, when it gets
> warm (15-20 minutes), it will...
Forum: VW air cooled October 18th 07, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Speedy Jim
'69 beetle intermittent horn

wrote:
> Hi All,
> Just got my standard '69 bug back from a shop that works on a lot
> of aircooled vws. They do good work. They replaced the missing wire
> down the steering...
Forum: VW air cooled October 11th 07, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Speedy Jim
What to use through the tunnel on a beetle/buggy ?

Veeduber wrote:
<SNIP>

although I once got a Class 11 bug home from the races
> (where it had a pretty bad landing) using an Okie Credit Card
> siphoning fuel out of a jerry can lashed to the...
Forum: VW air cooled October 8th 07, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Speedy Jim
12V starter on 6V flywheel, new approach?

Bugger wrote:
> Will a 12V flywheel bolt right up to a 40hp motor?
> Thanks,
> Dave.

No.
The 40HP 6V flywheel will go right onto a 1600,
but not t'other way round.
Forum: VW air cooled October 6th 07, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Speedy Jim
Gear Readout... DONE! :)

John wrote:
> TTL IC,s ???. Thats giving your age away!!!
> I,ve still got some OC71 transistors, beat that!
> Cheers
> John

No, I can't beat that...
Forum: VW air cooled October 6th 07, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Speedy Jim
Gear Readout... DONE! :)

Macsoft wrote:
> Just changed newsgroup reader and back to my nick "Macsoft" instead of
> my name "Manuel Macedo" (just to those who keep track.
>
> Finished my Gear Readout. I took some ideias...
Forum: VW air cooled October 6th 07, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Speedy Jim
Clutch Pedal

Juan wrote:
> On Oct 5, 7:30 pm, Speedy Jim > wrote:
>> Juan wrote:
>>> Oh!! One more thing...I have examined the cluster and cable hooks for
>>> cracks and have found none.. THe hook...
Forum: VW air cooled October 6th 07, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Speedy Jim
Clutch Pedal

Juan wrote:
> Oh!! One more thing...I have examined the cluster and cable hooks for
> cracks and have found none.. THe hook was very worn but seemed like
> there was still plenty left so as to not...
Forum: VW air cooled October 3rd 07, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Speedy Jim
Front Axle beam questions

wrote:
> I've done a little searching on the forum trying to find a procedure
> for removal and installation of the front axle beam on a 76' type 1. I
> have found a spindle to...
Forum: VW air cooled October 3rd 07, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Speedy Jim
Mounting clip on fan shroud for gas line?

jcpi wrote:
> Was there a clip to hold the metal / rubber gas line junction to the
> fan shroud where it comes up on the driver's side going to the fuel
> pump? It looks like there should be some...
Forum: VW air cooled September 30th 07, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Speedy Jim
Still not running