Showing results 1 to 25 of 41
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: AWN
Forum: Technology November 30th 08, 06:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By AWN
95 Jimmy4x4 w elect trans - EGR - can itaffectshifting/engagement??

This is the first time I have ever heard this. Anyway, it wasn't the
TransGo product that left the truck stranded....

Thanks,

On 29/11/08 11:04 AM, in article , "man...
Forum: Technology November 30th 08, 06:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By AWN
95 Jimmy - 4L60-E ground upgrade/recall TSB??

Even if a brand new one was put in less than 20k km ago on a new
transmission? There was no debris or anything. The clutch packs were
starved for oil because of a kinked line beside the oil cooler...
Forum: Technology November 28th 08, 05:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By AWN
95 Jimmy - 4L60-E ground upgrade/recall TSB??

I think we figured it out. I believe I am 100% to blame. I think either
when I replaced a line on the oil cooler or put in a new rad, I kinked the
transmission line from the return side of the...
Forum: Technology June 21st 07, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By AWN
I need help with OBD freeze frame data

The simple answer is that your Freeze Frame Data is a 'saved' profile of all
your emissions/operating parameters (usually the MAP/MAF have greatest fuel
authority then the EGR/O2 sensors) at the time...
Forum: Technology June 21st 07, 12:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By AWN
Engine Miss in Blazer S10 4.3 Vortec

You will see a small shraeder valve behind the air plenum to the right of
the distributor (right behind cyl #5 I think). You need a fuel pressure
gauge to do this properly. I'm going to guess that...
Forum: Technology June 18th 07, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By AWN
Question on vortec 'poppet' style fuel injection system

Jerry,

Although it seems all my issues have been resolved - I can smell unburned
gas when I park. Could it be that if I really 'get' on the pedal, it
partially floods and some unburned gas gets...
Forum: Technology June 15th 07, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By AWN
Question on vortec 'poppet' style fuel injection system

Jerry,

The part alone with the nut kit is over $900 here as I recall.... Clams and
steak sounds good...

Andrew.
Forum: Technology June 14th 07, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By AWN
Question on vortec 'poppet' style fuel injection system

Jerry,

My short term fuel trim is dead flat now at idle but I am still running
+20-25 on the long term fuel trim readings. I am starting to think that
this might be normal as it idles...
Forum: Technology June 12th 07, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By AWN
Question on vortec 'poppet' style fuel injection system

Thanks! I thought so but I wanted to be sure. I put replacement clips on
some of the poppets and was curious as to whether or not I'd be up the creek
without numbering them. It ended up being a...
Forum: Technology June 12th 07, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By AWN
Question on vortec 'poppet' style fuel injection system

Good day,

I was wondering if anyone could confirm or deny this for me... Regarding
GMıs poppet injection Œspiderı system on the 4.3L vortecs, etc., do any of
you know if all cylinders receive...
Forum: Technology June 7th 07, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By AWN
Bummer.... Car stereos: some inneresting fyi

As I recall, the low level interconnects (i.e. RCAs, etc) should be grounded
at the head unit (floating signal ground) - most head units are designed
this way nowadays anyway. You are correct about...
Forum: Technology June 6th 07, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By AWN
1997 Savana Van has my mechanic STUMPED!

Does the fuel pressure check out as normal? Do you have any issues with
your oil pressure gauge reading? I know that if your oil pressure gauge is
faulty, you will have these symptoms. If you run...
Forum: Technology June 5th 07, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By AWN
Finding the A/C clutch...

As Tegger suggested, you will likely want to look at a shop manual or sorts
for any detailed kind of answers. You may get lucky with:

http://www.autozone.com/shopping/repairGuide.htm

If I were to...
Forum: Technology June 5th 07, 05:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By AWN
Finding the A/C clutch...

You may want to start by just jumping the low pressure switch (easily
shorted with a paperclip in a pinch) - it should be dead easy that way. I
put my money on low gas or a bad switch. At least...
Forum: Technology May 27th 07, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By AWN
hesitation and random misfire (4.3L Vortec 95 Jimmy 4x4)

Good day,

If there are any GM techs here, perhaps you could tell me if I might be
missing something. I canıt seem to shake a +25% Long Term Fuel Trim issue
that causes hesitation at low rpms and...
Forum: Technology May 7th 07, 09:20 AM Posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By AWN
is it possible to have multiple wires arc and have nothingwrongwith wires??

Thanks Steve. I suspected the RFI beast to be at play here but I've never
seen anything like this before. It's absolutely silly.
Andrew.

in article , Steve W. at...
Forum: Technology May 7th 07, 09:18 AM Posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By AWN
is it possible to have multiple wires arc and have nothingwrongwith wires??

Scott,
I agree with you on the RFI and seeking better insulation. Thanks.
Andrew.

in article , Scott Dorsey at
wrote on 5/5/07 7:58 AM:

> That could...
Forum: Technology May 7th 07, 09:17 AM Posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By AWN
is it possible to have multiple wires arc and havenothingwrongwith wires??

Thanks for the advice Mike. I will look into that. I've had good
experiences with Taylor in the past but such is not the case here. I found
the double 'click' engagement, flexibility, and RFI...
Forum: Technology May 7th 07, 09:12 AM Posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By AWN
is it possible to have multiple wires arc and have nothingwrongwith wires??

Thanks HDS. Do I need to look directly behind the distributor or is this
easy to see? I took a quick look but as with all things on this motor, it
looks like it might be a yoga exercise to...
Forum: Technology May 5th 07, 05:15 AM Posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By AWN
is it possible to have multiple wires arc and have nothingwrongwith wires??

in article , Mike at wrote
on 5/4/07 11:35 PM:

>> Anyway, I did the wires with new plugs
>
> What plugs did you use and did you gap them...
Forum: Technology May 5th 07, 03:49 AM Posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By AWN
is it possible to have multiple wires arc and have nothing wrongwith wires??

The engine in question is a 4.3 W series - Œ95 Jimmy 4x4 Vortec with OEM
coil and module.
I am very curious as to whether or not a bad ignition coil or control module
could cause multiple arcs on...
Forum: Technology May 1st 07, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By AWN
Cyl 6 Misfire

The vehicle is a Œ95 4.3L Jimmy (W series V6) with a stocker ignition, new
cap/rotor/coil/plugs/wires

> I have a Cyl 6 misfire and I have a few questions... To start, I just
> replaced all the plug...
Forum: Technology March 3rd 07, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By AWN
OBD2 datastream - lt fuel trim - +25% - ideas??

If anyone is interested or still following, the latest on the beast is that
last night VERY late, I did a Seafoam top end treatment (sucked about half
the can up through the vac line from the...
Forum: Technology February 27th 07, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By AWN
OBD2 datastream - lt fuel trim - +25% - ideas??

Fuel pressure is fine - 61psi with the key on engine off and dropping to
maybe 55 after 30min. I don't think that a leak would take that long to
drop the psi but I could be wrong. I've never...
Forum: Technology February 27th 07, 06:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By AWN
OBD2 datastream - lt fuel trim - +25% - ideas??

Ok, I went out for some test runs. It was tough to get anything high speed
because it's complete black ice here everywhere tonight. Anyway...

Key in engine off baro reading - 30inHg which is...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 41