Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul Hovnanian P.E.
Forum: Technology January 27th 18, 03:02 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 17
What to measure when adjusting clutch pedal bolt?

The rod (bolt) needs to be adjusted so that there is about 0.1" clearance
between the end of the rod and the clutch master cylinder piston with the
pedal 'up' (not pressing it). You can't see the...
Forum: Technology October 28th 17, 03:31 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Need to buy a transmission jack for a Tacoma clutch - HF has a sale - advice?

harry newton wrote:

> How heavy is a W59 Toyota Tacoma transmission anyway?

Don't know. But I did a clutch job on my FJ40. I'd estimate the tranny and
transfer to weigh about 250 lbs. I can lift...
Forum: Technology August 17th 17, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 20
Can I drive my car if the thermostat is bad

wrote:

> My thermostat gage is not moving at all can i drive it. Its a 2001 lmp

Fix the gauge. Or buy an Ultra Gauge. Plug into OBDII port and get a real-
time display of...
Forum: Technology October 8th 15, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 3
Diesel Conspiracy

.. wrote:

> This just HAS to be a conspiracy against diesels, there could
> be no other possible explanation, at least that's what so many
> of the the mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging cretins...
Forum: Technology September 7th 15, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Gasoline cans, Blitz, out of business, where to get cap?

JR wrote:

> REAL gas cans

By this, you mean the pre CARB "dribble gas on your feet and leak like hell"
cans, correct?

--
Paul Hovnanian ...
Forum: Technology September 7th 15, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:

> In most cars, you have relays, probably in a bunch for things like fans,
> headlights, ABS, power windows, fuel pump et cetera.
> Now those relays are in opaque cubes. ...
Forum: Technology June 17th 15, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Cadillac CTS with manual?

Is a manual transmission (with clutch) an option on one of these?

Or is there an alternative explaination for a practically brand new CTS in
front of me exhibiting the classic 'I don't know how to...
Forum: Driving October 28th 14, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 0
The world may be falling apart but... gas is cheap

Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:

> The era of American dominance is over...

What you been smoking? We (America) are for all intents and purposes energy
self-sufficent. With cheap...
Forum: Technology May 14th 14, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,ca.driving,misc.legal
Replies: 26
What is the California law regarding dash cam time & placard & location limits?

Jessie Williams wrote:

> Ann Marie Brest > wrote:
>
>> (C) Video event recorders shall store no more than 30 seconds
>> before and after a triggering event.
>
> What's...
Forum: Technology May 12th 14, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 19
Where to tap for 12 volts

Sanity Clause wrote:

> Yeah, all those other systems that "come alive" with the igniton on don't
> draw any current at all. Did we forget that he doesn't want 20 minutes of
> power, he wants 8...
Forum: Technology March 17th 14, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
How would one quantitate how rough an idle is?

wrote:

> I imagine you'd use a scope and some kind of measure about how much the
> idle rpm varies during the course of a few seconds,...
Forum: Driving March 15th 14, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 82
What is the process to have an illegal STOP sign removed?

wrote:

> And in the ground view, two of the three stops are just written on the
> pavement.

If that's the case, they might not even be city stop signs. We've had a...
Forum: Driving January 16th 14, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 1
latest German Car Crash tests at odds with American Results

Ashton Crusher wrote:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pK9qnobocQ
>
> latest German Car Crash tests at odds with American Results for cars
> and motorcycles. Safety standards called into...
Forum: Technology November 19th 13, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 35
LOUDER turn signal indicator for car which none is compatible

wrote:

> m6onz5a wrote "It simply means you aren't looking at your gauge cluster
> enough.
>
> Like Kevin said it's about paying attention. "
>
> Yeah, paying attention...
Forum: Technology August 24th 13, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 40
Make it harder to press gas pedal

m6onz5a wrote:

> On Saturday, August 17, 2013 4:08:05 AM UTC-4, Ashton Crusher wrote:
>> On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 02:58:33 -0700 (PDT), m6onz5a
>>
>> > wrote:
>>

>> >On...
Forum: Technology May 24th 13, 05:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 33
spoked wheels obsoletion

AMuzi wrote:

[snip]

> Aluminum wheels in modern alloys are just clearly superior
> in almost every case[1] but the principle was established
> well in steel many years ago.

Cops seem to prefer...
Forum: Technology May 21st 13, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Top stoplight works, Lower stop lights don't,also winshield washer don't work

.. wrote:

[snip]

> My vehicle won't go sometimes. What's wrong with it, is it the shaft?

Muffler bearing. Its a common problem with vehicles of that make/model/year.

--
Paul Hovnanian ...
Forum: Technology May 17th 13, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.machines.cnc,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving

Existential Angst wrote:

[snip]

> If you look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automobile_drag_coefficient
> , you'll see the CdA for many cars is 5-6+.
>
> Thus, interpolating between 55 and...
Forum: Technology March 23rd 13, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 43
How would you store a mildly used electric fuel pump?

uncle_vito wrote:

> "Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message
>>
>> "muzician21" > wrote in message
Forum: Driving March 20th 13, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 27
When will people learn it's a passing lane, not a cruising lane

Arif Khokar wrote:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HROigWi-CcU
>
> (Note that it's a North Carolina Sheriff's vehicle in South Carolina)

Looks like that cop is drunk.

--...
Forum: Technology February 22nd 13, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
VW engine dies when closing door

themattfella wrote:

> On 02/20/2013 06:39 PM, themattfella wrote:
>> 1987 VW Jetta 4cyl 1.8 5 spd
>>
>> Engine died when closing the door.
>>
>> Engine dies whenever the button inside the door frame...
Forum: Driving December 1st 12, 01:25 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
Replies: 0
If you took the loans out of buying new cars

TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher wrote:

[snip]

> If you took the loans out of buying new cars (particularly SUVs),
> probably we would have as many cyclists as Holland. And the cars...
Forum: Driving October 10th 12, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 31
My car tried to kill me AGAIN

Harry K wrote:

> On Oct 9, 11:14Â*am, "Paul Hovnanian P.E." > wrote:
>> Harry K wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>

>> > Let's see. Â*In prior cases you discovered that turning the car...
Forum: Driving October 9th 12, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 57
Dude threatens to call 911 because I "didn't yield" to him!

wrote:

> Situation:
> Northbound on Merritt Pkwy(rt 15) between Westport & Bridgeport. Weather:
> partly sunny, dry, warm.
>
> I'm in cruise control, 61 in a 55 in the RH...
Forum: Driving October 9th 12, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
Replies: 31
My car tried to kill me AGAIN

[snip]