Replies: 39
Posted By Brent[_4_]
Wal-Mart Auto Tire Scam

On 2016-03-18, Scott Dorsey > wrote:
> Roger Blake > wrote:
>>On 2016-03-17, Scott Dorsey > wrote:
>>> _Everything_ at Wal-Mart is like this....
Forum: Technology January 25th 16, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Brent[_4_]
Accidentally wrecking the fuel pump?

On 2016-01-23, geo pearl > wrote:
> I wanted to ask you guys if a story is true:
>
> That if you habitually use all the gas in
> your tank you run the risk of damaging your
Forum: Technology January 3rd 16, 01:10 AM Posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 38
Posted By Brent[_4_]
New California Driving Laws take effect January 1st, 2016

On 2016-01-02, Mark Bannon > wrote:
> AB 208, Bigelow. Vehicles: highway: lane use.
>
> Existing law (2015) requires, on a 2-lane highway where passing is
> unsafe due to...
Forum: Technology October 31st 15, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Brent[_4_]
Unsafe tires.

On 2015-10-30, Ashton Crusher > wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Oct 2015 15:52:52 -0700 (PDT), JR >
> wrote:
>
>>Google,,, Millions driving on unsafe tires. ...
Forum: Technology October 29th 15, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Brent[_4_]
how does BMW get 50:50 balance with I6?

On 2015-10-27, > wrote:
> BMW claim 50:50 weight distribution for 5 series, which have straight 6
> engine. The only other sedan I know using I6 is Ford...
Forum: Driving August 23rd 15, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 4
Posted By Brent[_4_]
Father who let unlicensed daughter drive gets 7+ years in prison after fatal crash

On 2015-08-22, Arif Khokar > wrote:
> On 08/21/2015 12:29 PM, wrote:

Forum: Driving July 23rd 15, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 2
Posted By Brent[_4_]
BAN RADAR DETECTORS!!!

On 2015-07-22, John David Galt > wrote:
> Heads up, everybody, S&DDAM's back.

No just someone replying to a post from 2002.
Forum: Technology June 2nd 15, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Brent[_4_]
What is the California law regarding dash cam time & placard & location limits?

On 2015-06-02, > wrote:
> California is a "two party consent" state. That means that both parties to
> the recording (one of them being you) must...
Forum: Technology May 18th 15, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Brent[_4_]
Cadillac runaway acceleration

On 2015-05-17, Scott Dorsey > wrote:

> And yes... the car WILL break something else soon. A lot of engineering
> on the part of GM has gone into making sure that everything in the...
Forum: Technology May 15th 15, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On 2015-05-15, The Real Bev > wrote:

> The bad news, which was ameliorated before by replacing the return
> spring with a heavier one: bad bushings in the throttle body,...
Forum: Driving March 18th 15, 03:44 AM Posted to can.politics,rec.autos.driving,sac.politics,alt.autos.gm,misc.survivalism
Replies: 5
Posted By Brent[_4_]
Canada's pussy speed limits should be raised

On 2015-03-18, Byker > wrote:
> "Liberals are VERMIN!" > wrote:
>>
>> 100kph/60mph on non-congested highways is ridiculous, with modern cars.
>> Our speed...
Forum: Technology December 19th 14, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Brent[_4_]
Metric ?

On 2014-12-19, Bob > wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just curious:
>
> Do all foreign branded cars mfg. in the U.S. use Metric fasteners ?

Everyone uses metric now.

> Ever a mix of Metric...
Forum: Technology October 31st 14, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Brent[_4_]
How does a vehicle pass Maryland emissions with the engine light on?????

On 2014-10-31, m6onz5a > wrote:
> On Friday, October 31, 2014 12:52:28 PM UTC-4, Brent wrote:
Forum: Technology October 31st 14, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On 2014-10-31, Steve W. > wrote:
> Brent wrote:
>> On 2014-10-30, m6onz5a > wrote:
>>> '06 colorado 4cyl motor. Company vehicle.. The engine light has
>>> been...
Forum: Technology October 31st 14, 06:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On 2014-10-30, m6onz5a > wrote:
> '06 colorado 4cyl motor. Company vehicle.. The engine light has been on for over a year. I wasn't there during the test (our driver was). ...
Forum: Technology October 17th 14, 07:53 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Brent[_4_]
OT for home repair -- Urgent -- How to remove rear lower control arm, Toyota?

On 2014-10-17, micky > wrote:

> Respond as soon as possible please. Car up on stands right now. I want
> to take it down by 11PM at latest.
>
> Besides front end damage,...
Forum: Technology October 5th 14, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Brent[_4_]
Do brake pads have to be the same thickness?

On 2014-10-05, micky > wrote:

> I should have explained more. My tool for opening calipers will get the
> caliper open all but about 1 or 2 mm. This is the reason the I...
Forum: Technology September 14th 14, 07:09 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 42
Posted By Brent[_4_]
What we need is a better solution to the CARB/EPA gasoline can bung hole threaded neck problem

On 2014-09-14, Pico Rico > wrote:

> "Brent" > wrote in message
>> On 2014-09-14, Pico Rico...
Forum: Technology September 14th 14, 05:17 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

On 2014-09-14, Pico Rico > wrote:

> "Danny D." > wrote in message
>> Stormin Mormon wrote, on Sat, 13 Sep 2014...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 12th 14, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 12
Posted By Brent[_4_]
New Gotta-Have-It Green

please ignore this mess... posted a scratch file by error.
Forum: Technology August 12th 14, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Brent[_4_]
Help! Caliper torque setting

On 2014-08-12, AMuzi > wrote:
> On 8/11/2014 10:06 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On 8/11/2014 4:39 PM, Michael Wilson wrote:
>>> I'm putting the caliper back on the anchor plate. From
Forum: Technology August 11th 14, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Brent[_4_]
2003 F150 front brakes design

On 2014-08-11, Michael Wilson > wrote:
> I changed brake pads and rotors on the front wheels of my truck. It disconcerting that there's not a lot to them. The rotors are...
Forum: Technology August 10th 14, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Brent[_4_]
New pads with new caliper?

On 2014-08-10, Michael Wilson > wrote:
> I'm putting on a new caliper on a 2003 Ford F150. The current brake pads have about 30 percent on them and will need new rotors in...
Forum: Technology July 28th 14, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Brent[_4_]
Timing Chain Or Belt

On 2014-07-28, MLD > wrote:
> Have a 2008 Toyota Avalon XLS, 6 cyl. At the moment can't locate the
> owner's manual. Have been trying to find out if the car has a timing chain
Forum: Technology June 6th 14, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Brent[_4_]
need to paint new galvanized rocker panel ?

On 2014-06-06, > wrote:
> Hi, is it OK to leave a new galvanized rocker panel unpainted, or
> will it start to rust if unpainted? (I'd like to keep this...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500