Showing results 1 to 25 of 35
Search took 0.71 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mr158912
Forum: Technology July 22nd 08, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 42
Posted By mr158912
P0171/P0174 Help!dead jeep!!!

turn the key on and off 3 times and see if there any read out form the odometer if
there is a no buss message then you need a crank sensor

"Steve W." wrote:

> Pete C. wrote:
> > "Steve W." wrote:
Forum: Chrysler July 22nd 08, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 1
Posted By mr158912
Rear AC not working, 2000 T&C Limited (Front works OK)

poor guy
a new ac compressor can be bought for less than a rebuild on your current one
second if the tech did not realize there was rear a/c then he could have not added
enough of a charge to make...
Forum: Jeep July 20th 08, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 12
Posted By mr158912
Electric Fan runs on & on

unplugged coolant temp sensor??

"Mel P." wrote:

> My aux. fan seems to run constantly. I pulled the plug on it after a 1/2 hr
> being parked and engine off. How long can it possibly run? Isn't...
Forum: Technology July 20th 08, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 42
Posted By mr158912
P0171/P0174 Help!

i am assuming you have some sort of data screen available while it is running and
the scanner is hooked up spray the intake with carb cleaner and watch the long term
fuel trim
see if it changes while...
Forum: Technology July 19th 08, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By mr158912
Coil pack testing question

switch cylinders with the wires and see what happens to your plugs

Mike Romain wrote:

> I know this coil pack isn't off a car, it is off a Johnson outboard, but
> thought maybe some of you...
Forum: Technology July 19th 08, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 42
Posted By mr158912
P0171/P0174 Help! *update*

there is a company on ebay selling a pc based scantool program and it's by browser
electronics it seems to be worth the 400.00 for the whole thing from what i am seeing

"Pete C." wrote:

Forum: Technology July 19th 08, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 42
Posted By mr158912
P0171/P0174 Help!

it seems to me you have a vacumm leak of some sort either intake
plenium/manifold gsaket or egr valve and maybe evan a pcv system leak
but looking at your posted data even without o2 data i must...
Forum: Chrysler July 19th 08, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 9
Posted By mr158912
Overheating Engine

i just fixed a car that would only overheat on the highway and guess what the
radiator flow was blocked (too much crap between radiator and condenser)and that
was after a dealer could not verify...
Forum: Chrysler July 19th 08, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 9
Posted By mr158912
Overheating Engine

hey i got a idea did they check to see if the raditor has blocked air flow
or maybe the cooling fan is inop

wrote:

> I have had to be towed twice recently due to engine...
Forum: Technology July 16th 08, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 42
Posted By mr158912
P0171/P0174 Help!

intake gasket leak maybe

"Pete C." wrote:

> '97 Chev K3500 7.4L
>
> Been chasing after the source of intermittent P0171/P0174 (always both
> set) for some time without success. I'm running out of...
Forum: Technology July 16th 08, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By mr158912
Bye 1992 Grand Am :(

i can't wait till you have to buy parts for that asain crap

Paul wrote:

> Purple Heart came and got the 1992 Grand Am today. It had 220k miles
> and was one of the
> best cars I have had. ...
Forum: Technology July 16th 08, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By mr158912
More Dangerous Chinese Tire-related Crap

yea! you think that bad try finding meds that you and your kids take that
are not made in china
all so ceo's can collect overlarge bonues and bankrupt companies and you pay
the final price

clifto...
Forum: Chrysler July 16th 08, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 5
Posted By mr158912
fan for heater, a/c, etc.

get ready for a blower resisitor failure

rdtaxted wrote:

> The wife has a 2004 Sebring Sedan, Limited, has approx., 61,000 mile on
> the speedo. Last weekend when using the a/c, after cooling...
Forum: Chrysler July 16th 08, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By mr158912
1995 Dodge Ram ABS Problems

replace the rear axle speed sensor common failure

Ralf Ballis wrote:

> "Jeff Kolodziej" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Forum: Chrysler July 16th 08, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 15
Posted By mr158912
Issue w/1999 Minivan Front Brakes

make dam sure that the the calipers slides and bushings are not seized not
allowing proper operation of the front brakes
also if the caliper slides on the steering knuckles are not cleaned and...
Forum: Chrysler July 4th 08, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 0
Posted By mr158912
viper rocker arms

has anyone used viper v10 rocker arms on a 5.9 engine??
what year did you use ?
did it matter?
Forum: Technology July 4th 08, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By mr158912
98 LeSabre cranks but....

replaced the intake plenium and gasket replace the plugs and change the oil
and it will be fine
i do at least 2 a month of these engines fro the same complaint

wrote:

> On Jun 28,...
Forum: Technology July 4th 08, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By mr158912
2.7 Chrysler engine

they suc alot

wrote:

> I have a 99 Sebring with 80K on it and the Mitsubishi build 2.5 V-6. I
> am hearing some really bad things about the new CHrysler built 2.7 V-6s
> that...
Forum: Technology July 4th 08, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By mr158912
1998 LaSabre won't start

i see this all the time the intake plenium leaks coolant into the intake
manifold then it fills the cylinders and hydrolocs the engine
if this is the issue all plugs need to be removed and engine...
Forum: Technology July 4th 08, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By mr158912
Cranking with plug wires removed?

hose****
i even do it on coil over plug cars

Nate Nagel wrote:

> Some electronic ignition systems can be damaged if the coil wire is not
> disconnected from the distributor and grounded
>
> nate

Forum: Chrysler July 4th 08, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 5
Posted By mr158912
P0420 Code On 1996 Plymouth Vayager Minivan

chances are you need a new cat. converter

bllsht wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 23:20:44 GMT, "fab4 via CarKB.com" <u7257@uwe>
> wrote:
>
> >I'm getting a code P0420 ( Catalyst Efficiency Below...
Forum: Chrysler July 4th 08, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 6
Posted By mr158912
2007 Jeep / 2008 T&C TPMS

don't count on that

bllsht wrote:

> The TPM systems on both of those vehicles will learn the new location
> of the pressure sensors automatically.
>
> On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 16:57:07 -0500, "ks"...
Forum: Chrysler July 4th 08, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By mr158912
Please Diagnose My Jeep

sounds like you have a bad cat.converter

wrote:

> On Jun 25, 8:11 pm, Brettster > wrote:
> > I have a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo.
> >
> > Start the...
Forum: Chrysler July 4th 08, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 5
Posted By mr158912
1999 300M -steering squeak!

is the squeak inside the vehicle or is it outside
i have replaced alot of steering columns for a squeak in the columns because
people use the steering wheel to pull themselfs into the seats and...
Forum: Technology June 21st 08, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By mr158912
Cranking with plug wires removed?

all horsepukey crank at harts content

idbwill wrote:

> On Jun 20, 3:50 pm, Calab > wrote:
> > > Hi folks,
> >
> > > I've heard over the years that it is not a good idea to crank an
Showing results 1 to 25 of 35