Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Robertson[_3_]
Forum: Technology June 4th 21, 06:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Steering Rack Boot Replacement (clamp & tools)

On 2021/06/03 7:46 pm, Steve W. wrote:
> This is the same tool used for the CV boots that is used with the
> smaller rack boot clamps.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHlkv9kdVhY

I like your idea...
Forum: Technology June 3rd 21, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Steering Rack Boot Replacement (clamp & tools)

If I have to, I'll use whatever pliers or channellocks that I have.
But I'm sure there isn't much room which will be the real problem I think.

I looked at a few DIY videos (but by no means all)...
Forum: Technology June 3rd 21, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Steering Rack Boot Replacement (clamp & tools)

Have you ever replaced the steering arm boot on a FWD vehicle?

I'm going to replace a Toyota steering arm boot for a friend (yes, I'm aware
a mechanic would replace the entire arm - let's not go...
Forum: Technology February 24th 18, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 13
Screwdriver bits

On 2018/02/23 7:42 PM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
> I just twisted a torx bit into a spiral trying to remove a rusted screw,
> then used a Dremel to cut a slot across the top and took it out with a
> flat...
Forum: Technology September 22nd 15, 03:50 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 228
EPA caught VW cheating - how does the car know it's being tested?

On 09/22/2015 7:07 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> Mayayana > wrote:
>> I'm more curious about how the EPA didn't
>> figure it out earlier. Reports say the EPA saw a
Forum: Technology August 24th 15, 06:50 PM Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 384
Left Foot Braking

On 08/23/2015 5:31 PM, J Burns wrote:
> On 8/23/15 8:37 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
>> On 8/22/2015 7:19 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
>>> It's been less than a week and we're almost up to 500 messages....
Forum: Technology August 24th 15, 06:48 PM Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 384
Left Foot Braking

On 08/23/2015 6:10 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 09:13:20 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)" >
> wrote:
>
>> Per Stormin Mormon:
>>> Does braking with the left foot increase...
Forum: Technology August 16th 15, 05:16 PM Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 384
The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

On 08/16/2015 6:59 AM, ceg wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 23:23:48 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
>
>> <https://www.edgarsnyder.com/car-accident/cause-of-accident/cell-phone/
Forum: Technology February 24th 15, 07:58 PM Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Of battery terminals & grease

On 02/24/2015 10:36 AM, Fester Bestertester wrote:
> There are some members of electronic forums that suggest coating automotive
> battery posts with grease ("any king--axle, lithium, copper")...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9