Showing results 1 to 25 of 72
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob F
Forum: Technology May 22nd 21, 04:28 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob F
getting spots off of speedometer plastic

On 5/22/2021 6:40 AM, micky wrote:
> How do you get little white/grey spots off of clear plastic.
>
> Especially when there is no reason they are there!
>

> I have my speedometer cluster out so...
Forum: Technology May 22nd 21, 04:27 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

On 5/22/2021 7:17 AM, Frank wrote:
> On 5/22/2021 9:40 AM, micky wrote:
>> How do you get little white/grey spots off of clear plastic.
>>
>> Especially when there is no reason they are...
Forum: Technology August 2nd 19, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Bob F
Brake pedal goes half way & stops w/no fluid to front

On 7/30/2019 5:05 PM, Home Guy wrote:
> MeMe wrote:
>
> (...)
>
> Take it to rec.autos.tech.

Wow! All the completely off topic right wing "push your web page" CRAP
you post here, and you have...
Forum: Technology May 16th 19, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 35
Posted By Bob F
How to keep sound on when backing up.

On 5/15/2019 11:28 AM, Rod Speed wrote:

> "micky" > wrote in message
>> In rec.autos.tech, on Tue, 14 May 2019...
Forum: Technology August 23rd 18, 04:35 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob F
P0171 and P017n Was: What tools do I need? (P0420 Bank 1catalytic inefficiency on a 15 year old dual-cat vehicle)

On 8/22/2018 8:17 PM, micky wrote:
> In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 21 Aug 2018 14:57:21 -0700, Bob F
> > wrote:
>
>> On 8/21/2018 10:47 AM, micky wrote:
>>> In alt.home.repair, on...
Forum: Technology August 21st 18, 10:57 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob F
P0171 and P017n Was: What tools do I need? (P0420 Bank 1catalytic inefficiency on a 15 year old dual-cat vehicle)

On 8/21/2018 10:47 AM, micky wrote:
> In alt.home.repair, on 21 Aug 2018 10:56:52 -0400,
> (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
>

> You seem to know what I wish I knew. Pardon me for horning...
Forum: Technology August 2nd 18, 02:49 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 64
Posted By Bob F
Advice for stripped threads upstream oxygen sensor exhaustmanifold

On 8/1/2018 11:44 PM, Arlen Holder wrote:
> On 1 Aug 2018 23:30:57 GMT, Steve W. wrote:
>
>> Same threads as a spark plug. The easy repair is a plug rethread kit. It
>> has an oversized insert with...
Forum: Technology August 2nd 18, 05:41 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

On 8/1/2018 8:31 PM, Arlen Holder wrote:
> Car is just bought by a kid just learning to drive (he's 16).
> 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer ES
>
> Neighbors asked me to teach him how to replace the oxygen...
Forum: Technology February 19th 18, 09:56 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 205
Posted By Bob F
Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

On 2/18/2018 4:13 PM, ultred ragnusen wrote:
> wrote:
>
>> You really need to find something more interesting to do with your life.
>
> Pot, kettle, black.

+1

I almost said the same thing,...
Forum: Technology February 19th 18, 09:48 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 205
Posted By Bob F
Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

> On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 21:29:24 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire
> > wrote:
>
>> James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
>>> On Sun, 18...
Forum: Technology November 4th 17, 04:06 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 528
Posted By Bob F
What are some car-repair jobs you always wished you could do buthave never done?

On 11/3/2017 7:42 PM, RS Wood wrote:
> What are some car-repair jobs you always wished you could do but have never
> done?
>
> Mine are, in this order of "I wish I could do it" order
> 1....
Forum: Technology September 17th 17, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob F
jack pad slot height

On 9/5/2017 10:21 AM, micky wrote:

> What good is a jackpad with a slot if the slot is not deeper than the
> thing it holds? Isn't the idea that the weld area fits completely in
> the slot and...
Forum: Technology July 17th 17, 04:38 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By Bob F
Do the Toyota Camry headlight polishers actually work well?

On 7/16/2017 8:30 PM, Danny D. wrote:

> Where can we get a handful of free "aluminum oxide" & "dimethicone"?

Try polishing the lights with some toothpaste or BonAmi polishing cleanser.
Forum: Technology July 14th 17, 05:58 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 121
Posted By Bob F
Outside edge of front tires stairstepping

On 7/9/2017 9:03 PM, Xeno wrote:
>>> The MARKET sets the price. Do you really think, for example, that a
>>> $50,000
>>> Rolex Watch tells better time than a $50 Timex watch?
>>
>> Sometimes they...
Forum: Technology July 9th 17, 06:21 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

On 7/7/2017 7:41 PM, rbowman wrote:
> On 07/07/2017 12:42 PM, Bob F wrote:
>> Slowing down might make a big difference.
>
> From reading the thread if she goes any slower she'll be parked in the
Forum: Technology July 7th 17, 07:42 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

On 7/6/2017 9:45 AM, Chaya Eve wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Jul 2017 23:55:24 +1000, Xeno > wrote:
>
>> Camber does not cause feathering. It does cause wear on one side.
>
> I think...
Forum: Technology July 5th 17, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob F
Warning, don't pour

On 7/5/2017 7:45 AM, micky wrote:
> Warning, never pour fuel... into the throttle body air inlet opening in
> an attempt to start your car. Could result in flash fire..."
>
> I did this 2 or 3 times...
Forum: Technology September 25th 15, 12:15 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 228
Posted By Bob F
EPA caught VW cheating - how does the car know it's being tested?

Vincent Cheng Hoi Chuen wrote:
> Ewald Böhm > wrote in
> :
>
>> My question is HOW did the car *know* it was being *tested* for
>> emissions?
>
> This...
Forum: Technology September 24th 15, 01:20 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair

Robert Green wrote:
> "Winston_Smith" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 08:15:24 -0700, trader_4 wrote:
>>
>>> The other reason...
Forum: Technology September 23rd 15, 06:08 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 9/23/2015 12:56 AM, Bob F wrote:
>

>>> Murder is illegal but people still do it.
>>
>> But the possibilty of real prison time will make them think before
>> doing the...
Forum: Technology September 23rd 15, 06:02 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 9/22/2015 10:38 PM, Winston_Smith wrote:
>> On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 22:19:48 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>>> I cannot imagine a big corporation intentionally doing...
Forum: Technology September 23rd 15, 05:56 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair

Tom Miller wrote:
> "Mayayana" > wrote in message
>>> Arrests will do nothing.
>>
>> I don't see how you can look at it that way. If
Forum: Technology September 23rd 15, 05:45 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair

.. wrote:
> On 9/22/2015 10:08 AM, Roger Blake wrote:
>> On 2015-09-22, Scott Dorsey > wrote:
>>> This article is not exactly accurate.
>>
>> The point is that government...
Forum: Technology September 23rd 15, 05:26 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 228
Posted By Bob F
EPA full of ****, VW was not cheating!

Bob F wrote:
> NoSpamForMe wrote:
>> On 9/18/2015 8:19 PM, Ewald Böhm wrote:
>>> Apparently Volkswagen/Audi cheated on the USA emissions tests since
>>> 2009 to 2015 by turning off the EGR to lower...
Forum: Technology September 23rd 15, 05:01 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair

NoSpamForMe wrote:
> On 9/18/2015 8:19 PM, Ewald Böhm wrote:
>> Apparently Volkswagen/Audi cheated on the USA emissions tests since
>> 2009 to 2015 by turning off the EGR to lower nitrogen oxide...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 72