Showing results 1 to 25 of 149
Search took 1.19 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: nospam[_4_]
Forum: Technology May 25th 19, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 19
Posted By nospam[_4_]
Cars play songs on flash drive in alphabetical order by file name.

In article >, J. P. Gilliver (John)

Forum: Technology May 15th 19, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 35
Posted By nospam[_4_]
How to keep sound on when backing up.

In article >, micky
> wrote:

> >> Specially the ones that have avoided killing their little kids
> >> who have been run over...
Forum: Technology January 2nd 19, 06:46 PM Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,comp.mobile.android,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 6
Posted By nospam[_4_]
Merry Christmas! OBDII Android/iOS freeware recommendations

In article >, Jolly Roger

Forum: Technology January 2nd 19, 06:27 PM Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,comp.mobile.android,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 6
Posted By nospam[_4_]
Merry Christmas! OBDII Android/iOS freeware recommendations

In article >, Jolly Roger
> wrote:

> > Glad to see that 4820 users have rated it, and that it got such a
> > high rating. OTOH, Torque Pro has...
Forum: Technology January 2nd 19, 12:40 AM Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,comp.mobile.android,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 6
Posted By nospam[_4_]
Merry Christmas! OBDII Android/iOS freeware recommendations

In article >, sms
> wrote:

> Still wondering why iOS doesn't allow the Bluetooth Serial Port Profile
> (SPP).

because spp is obsolete....
Forum: Technology December 14th 18, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,ca.driving
Replies: 9
Posted By nospam[_4_]
Does your OUT OF STATE vehicle (car, mc, truck) have a 49 or 50-state sticker?

In article >, micky
> wrote:

> BTW, I'm sure almost no car sold out of cal has cal in the emilssion
> labels, because such cars...
Forum: Technology November 1st 18, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By nospam[_4_]
Self driving cars and moral decisions-who will live, who will die?

In article >, Vic Smith

Forum: Technology November 1st 18, 06:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By nospam[_4_]
Self driving cars and moral decisions-who will live, who will die?

In article >, Roger Blake
> wrote:

> > the days of home repairs are mostly gone, and not just cars either.
>
> Perhaps for yourself...
Forum: Technology November 1st 18, 06:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By nospam[_4_]
Self driving cars and moral decisions-who will live, who will die?

In article >, Roger Blake
> wrote:

> > very, very few people repair their own vehicles, and the types of
> > repairs an older vehicle...
Forum: Technology October 31st 18, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By nospam[_4_]
Self driving cars and moral decisions-who will live, who will die?

In article >, The Real Bev
> wrote:

> > newer vehicles have airbags, anti-lock brakes, traction control,
> > attention alert, lane departure...
Forum: Technology October 31st 18, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By nospam[_4_]
Self driving cars and moral decisions-who will live, who will die?

In article >, Roger Blake
> wrote:

> > they can, but there's little point in that unless it's a classic car
> > that will hold its...
Forum: Technology October 30th 18, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By nospam[_4_]
Self driving cars and moral decisions-who will live, who will die?

In article >, Roger Blake
> wrote:

> > that's the very rare exception, not the rule, and you know it.
>
> At the moment the average...
Forum: Technology October 30th 18, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By nospam[_4_]
Self driving cars and moral decisions-who will live, who will die?

In article >, Roger Blake
> wrote:

> > no it won't. nothing lasts forever.
>
> Not forever, but damned long is certainly possible....
Forum: Technology October 29th 18, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By nospam[_4_]
Self driving cars and moral decisions-who will live, who will die?

In article >, The Real Bev
> wrote:

> >> <sigh> The question is moot since I will never involve myself with a
> >> self-driving car.
> >
> > you...
Forum: Technology October 29th 18, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1

dsi1 > wrote:

> My guess is that a computer will be
> better able to handle an emergency situation better than I...
Forum: Technology October 29th 18, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By nospam[_4_]
Self driving cars and moral decisions-who will live, who will die?

In article >, The Real Bev
> wrote:

> <sigh> The question is moot since I will never involve myself with a
> self-driving car.

you won't have a...
Forum: Driving May 18th 17, 06:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.survivalism,misc.legal,alt.politics.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Replies: 26
Posted By nospam[_4_]
NC motorists who hit protesters blocking roadways will be legally protected under proposed bill

In article
Cruise > wrote:

> > > In California vehicles yield the right of way to pedestrians regardless
Forum: Driving May 18th 17, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.survivalism,misc.legal,alt.politics.liberalism,talk.politics.guns

Cruise > wrote:

> [...]
Forum: Technology December 10th 16, 10:34 PM Posted to comp.mobile.android,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 107
Posted By nospam[_4_]
Advice requested from those of you who have successfully checked camber at home

In article >, Bill Vanek

> >> That depends whether it is at 12.5...
Forum: Technology December 9th 16, 08:46 PM Posted to comp.mobile.android,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 107
Posted By nospam[_4_]
Advice requested from those of you who have successfully checked camber at home

In article >, John Harmon
> wrote:

> >> My japanese vehicle never breaks.
> >
> > buy another
> >
> >> My bimmer always breaks.

Forum: Technology December 9th 16, 07:00 PM Posted to comp.mobile.android,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 107
Posted By nospam[_4_]
Advice requested from those of you who have successfully checked camber at home

In article >, John Harmon
> wrote:

> My japanese vehicle never breaks.

buy another

> My bimmer always breaks.

sell it or give it away
Forum: Technology December 9th 16, 06:34 PM Posted to comp.mobile.android,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 107
Posted By nospam[_4_]
Advice requested from those of you who have successfully checked camber at home

In article >, John Harmon
> wrote:

> But angles are the units that the manufacturer provides for toe while I'm
> almost certainly going to...
Forum: Driving December 1st 14, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 21
Posted By nospam[_4_]
Passing On The Right - Causes Of

In article >,
Harry K > wrote:

> Ah yes, the dream of flying cars. Can you imagine the chaos if that
> happened. We can't even...
Forum: Technology April 28th 14, 06:41 PM Posted to comp.mobile.android,comp.mobile.ipad,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 82
Posted By nospam[_4_]
Traffic accidents go down as cell phone usage goes up

In article >, AMuzi >
wrote:

> > Everyone agrees that banning hand held phones is not going to make a
> > large reduction in accidents. However,...
Forum: Technology April 28th 14, 06:41 PM Posted to comp.mobile.android,comp.mobile.ipad,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 82
Posted By nospam[_4_]
Traffic accidents go down as cell phone usage goes up

In article >, Gordon Levi