Showing results 1 to 25 of 55
Search took 1.89 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: al
Forum: VW water cooled December 13th 07, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By al
Stalling Golf

Ears wrote:

> 90 Golf 1.8 8v 130,000 miles:
>
> Lately the car has been stalling at intersections very intermittently
> (maybe twice a week- though it is increasing in frequency). I've
> recently...
Forum: VW water cooled August 29th 07, 09:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By al
86 Golf Diesel - Heating & Cooling vents

86GolfDiesel wrote:

> Can the interior heating, defrost and cooling vents be cleaned beyond
> normal reach? Lots of engine dust and very small debris coming out of
> vents occasionally. The car had...
Forum: VW water cooled August 14th 07, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By al
VW GOLF Front Wheel Bearing

Ken wrote:

> Hello, i have a couple of questions about doing the front wheel bearing
> on my 1989 VW Golf. I havent done a VW before, so wondering if there is
> anything special i should be aware...
Forum: VW water cooled August 12th 07, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 15
Posted By al
Adding coolant

Chrispy wrote:

> I had the same idea as you, adding coolant directly to the upper
> radiator hose, but I took the hose off of the radiator, not the
> engine, which seemed to work. After all is said...
Forum: VW water cooled August 11th 07, 11:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By al
car wont start timing is off

cletusthepimp wrote:

> all marks are lined up.car pops out the exhaust and wont start.any
> ideas????

I would doublecheck that piston Nr 1 is at TDC (trough the sparkplug hole),
that both valves...
Forum: VW water cooled August 11th 07, 11:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 15
Posted By al
Adding coolant

Chrispy wrote:

> Hey,
>
> So I have everything put back together- opted to buy new parts for
> everything after reading everybody's advice- much appreciated.
>
> I am sure this question has been...
Forum: VW water cooled August 2nd 07, 09:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By al
accelerator sticky?? 88 Cabriolet

bolo wrote:

> Tried that as well, does not seem to make a difference.
> Thanks Al.
>
> "al" > wrote in message
>> bolo...
Forum: VW water cooled August 1st 07, 09:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

bolo wrote:

> I have a 1988 VW cabriolet. It is a cool ride, it takes a lot of care,
> seems to be something interesting going on inside it. BUT, this is my
> question (I checked your faq's - no...
Forum: VW water cooled July 25th 07, 12:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By al
1994 Polo 1.3L Heavy steering

Pedro wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there anything I can do to make the steering any lighter? Also on full
> lock and the car is moving there is a strange hum coming through the
> steering wheel.

Forum: VW water cooled July 25th 07, 10:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 12
Posted By al
coolant gushing out of resevoir vent at normal operating tem

jetta107 wrote:

> that doesn't answer the question of why the coolant gushes out of the
> resevoir vent at normal operating temp....something is causing the system
> to over presurize! I'm also...
Forum: VW water cooled July 22nd 07, 12:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By al
88 jetta

lynn lascu wrote:

> I have replaced master cylinder, brake lines (rubber) in
> front,calipers,brake regulator, and pads on my 88 jetta and the front
> brakes still lock-up on me. I will be driving...
Forum: VW water cooled July 22nd 07, 12:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By al
85 Jetta no spark or fuel pump

Wayne Faas wrote:

> 85 Jetta GLI (CIS-E) shut down in traffic. There is no spark and the fuel
> pump does not run for the 1-2 sec. when the switch is turned on. Replaced
> hall sensor and ignition...
Forum: VW water cooled July 12th 07, 09:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By al
1989 Cabriolet...a few questions

Corey wrote:

> "Corey" > wrote in message
>> First off, thanks to those who have helped me in the past regarding my
>> 1989 Cabriolet....
Forum: VW water cooled July 12th 07, 09:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By al
Oil leak - Scirocco 16V

al wrote:

> Willie78 wrote:
>
>> Just taking some notes here, but I've had a consistent oil leak on my
>> 88 16v Scirocco since purchase over a year ago. It always seems to
>> drip down from the...
Forum: VW water cooled July 11th 07, 09:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By al
Oil leak - Scirocco 16V

Willie78 wrote:

> Just taking some notes here, but I've had a consistent oil leak on my
> 88 16v Scirocco since purchase over a year ago. It always seems to
> drip down from the oil pan sealing...
Forum: VW water cooled July 6th 07, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By al
95 Jetta III weirdness

Mike Stafford wrote:

> Okay so I have been noticing something weird I don't know if anyone
> else has had this issue or not. So it seems whenever my Jetta gets
> right around 1/2 empty it will start...
Forum: VW water cooled July 3rd 07, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By al
Cylinder numbering /can't see TDC mark on the flywheel

wrote:

> On Jul 2, 7:42 pm, Randolph Latall > wrote:
>> On Jul 2, 8:48 pm, wrote:
>>
>> > What is the cylinder...
Forum: VW water cooled July 1st 07, 12:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By al
glass removal and installation???

Chris wrote:

> Hi again-
> Ok- so I am in the process of prepping my 83 rabbit for a fresh coat
> of paint (first time with such a project) so of course I am running
> into a few problems. There...
Forum: VW water cooled June 24th 07, 11:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By al
Start/Shift Problems with 2001 VW Golf GTI

wrote:

> I have a 2001 VW GTI Golf Automatic. This happens once every two weeks
> or so: I turn off the car, then come back to it and try to turn it on,
> and it struggles...
Forum: VW water cooled June 21st 07, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Corey wrote:

> First off, thanks to those who have helped me in the past regarding my
> 1989 Cabriolet. It is running pretty well, and is pleasure to drive now
> that we finally have warm weather...
Forum: VW water cooled June 21st 07, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 27
Posted By al
81 cabriolet ran with no water

wrote:

> On Jun 19, 10:04 am, al > wrote:
>> wrote:
>> > On Jun 18, 9:11 pm, Jim Behning
Forum: VW water cooled June 19th 07, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

wrote:

> On Jun 18, 9:11 pm, Jim Behning
> > wrote:
>> On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 17:59:43 -0700, wrote:
>> >Ok...
Forum: VW water cooled June 17th 07, 11:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By al
89 Cabriolet - What's this plug?

Geoff Glave wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> My wife has an '89 VW Cabriolet with a manual transmission. Driving it
> home today, it became hard to find first gear, and you could detect a
> burning
> smell....
Forum: VW water cooled June 11th 07, 09:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 1
Posted By al
91 VW golf, different cams now PCV or Idle stabilizer

petricola wrote:

> Hi there, Ive never seen this set up before, I bought a non running 91
> vw golf with different cam gears. It was also missing the idle air
> control valve and the PCV valve was...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 55