Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Vannessa
Forum: Technology June 13th 19, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Vannessa
Premature failure of ball joints and tire feathering

I would like to thank all u good ol' boys for helping me narrow this problem of mine down.
After researching all that has been said here an looking into all possible causes. It's a twin I beam...
Forum: Technology June 13th 19, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Vannessa
Premature failure of ball joints and tire feathering

Steve W.
> On Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 8:05:35 AM UTC-5, Vannessa wrote:
>> Steve W. - show quoted text - Vannessa wrote:
>>
>> Hi Steve. It's a twin I beam, 4x4, stock front end.
>>

>> OK...
Forum: Technology June 2nd 19, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Vannessa
Premature failure of ball joints and tire feathering

Thank you Allise. I'll look into this also.
Forum: Technology June 1st 19, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

Vannessa wrote:

Hi Steve. It's a twin I beam, 4x4, stock front end.

OK so the Ford Dana 50 Twin Traction Beam. If it is so far out that with
the camber adjuster...
Forum: Technology May 29th 19, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Vannessa
Premature failure of ball joints and tire feathering

The only parts that have been replaced on it is upper and lower ball joints on passenger side. The lower was changed out once at my request when the upper had to be done. It tracks straight by tracks...
Forum: Technology May 29th 19, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Vannessa
Premature failure of ball joints and tire feathering

That suggests something wasn't made correctly or the suspension or frame
has a bent part in it. A twisted frame horn or bent mount would be
enough to throw it out.
One question that is relevant...
Forum: Technology May 26th 19, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Vannessa
Premature failure of ball joints and tire feathering

Scott Dorsey
Vannessa > wrote:
>Is there a Ford dealer nearby that does repairs?=20
>Ford repair people are usually pretty good with Ford vehicle diagnosis=20
>and repair.=20
Forum: Technology May 26th 19, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Vannessa
Premature failure of ball joints and tire feathering

Is there a Ford dealer nearby that does repairs?
Ford repair people are usually pretty good with Ford vehicle diagnosis
and repair.

Hi Paul
There are 2. The one that I bought the truck off in...
Forum: Technology May 26th 19, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Vannessa
Premature failure of ball joints and tire feathering

No! No! Stay away from the tire stores! They hire some kid who knows how
to take the numbers out of the alignment machine but has no understanding
of the suspension geometry, The automated...
Forum: Technology May 26th 19, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Vannessa
Premature failure of ball joints and tire feathering

Go to an alignment shop.
Not a tire shop.
Not a chain store.
Go to a place that ONLY does alignments and nothing else. They will
likely cater mostly to the racing crowd.
Have THEM check your...
Forum: Technology May 25th 19, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Vannessa
Premature failure of ball joints and tire feathering

Thx for ur wonderful insight. With my research, some culperts can be... Wheel bearings, tie rods, bushings, an a bent strut. I see ur no better then the other mechanics I have gone to solve this...
Forum: Technology May 25th 19, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Vannessa
Premature failure of ball joints and tire feathering

Hi I own a 97 f250 with a problem of a premature upper ball joint failure every 5000 KLM with outside tire feathering since new. The mechanics have not been able to solve this problem or could not...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12