Showing results 1 to 25 of 38
Search took 0.60 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: BobHoover
Forum: VW air cooled August 25th 07, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By BobHoover
Speedy Jim for president?

> He'd have my vote :)
>
> Jan

Mine too :-)

-Bob Hoover
Forum: VW air cooled August 25th 07, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 28
Posted By BobHoover
Stats

Those who mistake activity for progress are usually unable to
understand that the person who does the most talking often says very
little worth listening to.

-Bob Hoover
Forum: VW air cooled August 22nd 07, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By BobHoover
Push Rod Tubes

> Aircooled.net supposedly has the best tubes available:http://www.aircooled.net/new-bin/viewproductdetail.php?keyword2=EGS00...
>
> I have not tried these before, but they would probably be my next...
Forum: VW air cooled August 14th 07, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By BobHoover
Remote start: problem 2

The accelerator must be depressed -- once -- then released prior to
starting. This serves two functions. The first is to add a jet of
raw gasoline to the open throat of the carb. The second is to...
Forum: VW air cooled August 14th 07, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By BobHoover
Blog drawings

To All,

It has been ten months since I create my blog. It now contains about
250 articles, some of them supported by illustrations. The blog gets
about 250 hits a day, a few too many of which...
Forum: VW air cooled August 6th 07, 07:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 24
Posted By BobHoover
slowing down a bug

> how to slow it down for a short time?

Put a restrictor plate under the carb. (Works on the exhausts too but
it's more...
Forum: VW air cooled July 22nd 07, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By BobHoover
cool new distributor: 123

On Jul 22, 4:53 am, Jan > wrote:
> http://www.123ignition.nl/downloads/folder/123-folder-LQ.pdf
>
> Makes me want to give it a try...
>
> Jan

Snake oil. Save your...
Forum: VW air cooled July 17th 07, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By BobHoover
Should I buy this bus?

I would. But then, I'm sorta silly that way :-)

-Bob Hoover
Forum: VW air cooled June 28th 07, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By BobHoover
Multiple electrode spark plugs

On Jun 26, 3:34 pm, Randall Post > wrote:
> Do any of you use them fancy multiple electrode spark plugs, AKA multi-ground
> plugs? I know Bosch has their line of platinum 2 & 4...
Forum: VW air cooled June 22nd 07, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By BobHoover
I'm back, with more senseless ramble on engine building!!

On Jun 21, 2:47 pm, wrote:
> Another question.. will this 1791, get up and go??

Yer kidding,...
Forum: VW air cooled June 21st 07, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Jun 21, 5:36 am, wrote:

> I'm planning on using the 78mm crank, due to rod length. I know I am
> going to get bashed for this consideration, but can you tell me what
> CC it...
Forum: VW air cooled June 21st 07, 12:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Jun 19, 3:53 pm, wrote:

> Does anyone know how to precisely mount a scat boring tool to a...
Forum: VW air cooled May 31st 07, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By BobHoover
For engine builders

On May 30, 4:47 pm, Jan > wrote:

> Thanks, good stuff.

You're welcome. I'm trying to use more photos, fewer...
Forum: VW air cooled May 30th 07, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By BobHoover
For engine builders

I've posted drawings & photos of some of the HVX mods to my blog
(bobhooversblog.blogspot.com).

-R.S.Hoover
Forum: VW air cooled April 29th 07, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By BobHoover
Rip-off of LN Engineering?

On Apr 29, 5:26 am, " > wrote:

> I would have to think if these are meant to be used in airplanes that
> the manufacturer would have tested the...
Forum: VW air cooled April 6th 07, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 15
Posted By BobHoover
update "engine running rough"

On Apr 6, 1:25 am, "bug '59" > wrote:

> I adjusted the valves and found one valve without any clearance. This could
> be the beginning of the end, right?
Forum: VW air cooled March 3rd 07, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By BobHoover
Free Degree Wheel

A recent thread about the advantages of vacuum-advance distributors in
which I mentioned making your own temporary degree wheel using a CAD
program or simply marking your present pulley at some point...
Forum: VW air cooled March 1st 07, 10:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By BobHoover
Distributor Experiment: Success

In 1994 I posted an article explaining the difference between vacuum-
and centrifugal-advance distributors, pointing out that at highway
speeds it didn't really matter what you were using since your...
Forum: VW air cooled February 28th 07, 05:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Feb 27, 4:42 pm, "Harry Smith" > wrote:

> Aaah, okay...I was not quite certain how to get the max advance out of
> those numbers. I don't have a degree pulley or fancy...
Forum: VW air cooled February 20th 07, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By BobHoover
High Oil Pressure with Oil Sling

On Feb 15, 6:47 pm, wrote:

> My problem is with the oil pressure stay too high and have oil all
> over the...
Forum: VW air cooled February 16th 07, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By BobHoover
Windshield polishing

On Feb 16, 5:17 am, "Help-Slip-Franklin" >
wrote:
> what is "Black Wax"?

Just that. Google it.

-Bob...
Forum: VW air cooled February 15th 07, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By BobHoover
Windshield polishing

See:

http://bobhooversblog.blogspot.com/2006/12/vw-polishing-glass.html
Forum: VW air cooled February 4th 07, 06:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 34
Posted By BobHoover
1970 vw beetle Oil change...

On Feb 1, 8:14 pm, Jan > wrote:

> I agree with Joey here.. by ear is a "limp home mode"...
Forum: VW air cooled January 24th 07, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By BobHoover
how do you clean the engine exterior

> I was wondering if anyone has any
> recommendations as to how to clean it.

Stand the engine, pulley-up,...
Forum: VW air cooled January 15th 07, 08:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By BobHoover
The Return of Bob Hoover

Karl wrote:
> I had a type 4 needle pilot bearing weld itself to the input shaft on my 77 Westy.

Given the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 38