Showing results 1 to 25 of 83
Search took 1.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Calab
Forum: Technology May 12th 09, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Calab
What should we be paying for a new car these days?

With the economy as it is now I'd expect car prices to come down a fair
chunk. I've been shopping around, and there are a couple of reasonable deals
out there, but most cars are still overpriced....
Forum: Technology January 17th 09, 11:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Calab
Smart cars in this cold snap?

I've always been curious how well the Smart cars would do in a nasty cold
snap.

Is the heater up to snuff? Does the defroster work well? How does it do in
the deep snow, or road ruts?
Forum: Technology January 17th 09, 11:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Calab
Carfax doesn't always offer all the facts

> wrote in message
> www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=252427
> cuhulin

I could have told you that.

I...
Forum: Technology November 21st 08, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Calab
Hold my beer....

"Steve" > wrote in message
>> On Nov 5, 8:50 am, Steve > wrote:
>>> WWS wrote:
Forum: Technology July 28th 08, 03:14 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 193
Posted By Calab
On Topic? Cars, anyway: 55 MPH speed limit...

"Mike hunt" > wrote in message
| Self preservation should tell one to yield to traffic traveling faster.
In
| Pennsylvania it...
Forum: Technology July 25th 08, 03:30 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 193
Posted By Calab
On Topic? Cars, anyway: 55 MPH speed limit...

> This and your other post make it pretty clear that you are the highway
> equivalent of a Gun Nut. You don't care that the 55 limit saves both fuel
> and lives, and you think that the roads...
Forum: Technology July 24th 08, 06:37 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.toyota.camry
Replies: 37
Posted By Calab
Consumer Reports reliability survey for Cars

And you're cross posting because.... ?

| Enough with the cross posting, already...

| "Built_Well"...
Forum: Technology July 24th 08, 06:35 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 193
Posted By Calab
On Topic? Cars, anyway: 55 MPH speed limit...

| >> I do 58-60 in the center lane on my commute (lots of off-ramps in
| >> the right lane) and idiots keep passing me on *both* sides. Americans
| >> are stupid.

| This is how we got into the...
Forum: Technology July 16th 08, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Calab
Is there an air conditioning "stop valve"???

"aarcuda69062" > wrote in message
| In article <fGnfk.75074$kx.58668@pd7urf3no>, "Calab" >
Forum: Technology July 16th 08, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Calab
Coil pack testing question

| This coil only appears to put out one spark on one side, the top
| cylinder. The bottom cylinder doesn't fire and the plug is wet with
| gas. I put in new plugs and not a mark on it when the top...
Forum: Technology July 16th 08, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Calab
Bye 1992 Grand Am :(

"Paul" > wrote in message
| mr158912 wrote:
| > i can't wait till you have to buy parts for that asain crap
|
| Why is...
Forum: Technology July 16th 08, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Calab
Is there an air conditioning "stop valve"???

I'm going to try and find the leak in my A/C and have a question...

If I remove the compressor, and blow air into the high side line, should I
get air/oil out the low side line? Or is there a valve...
Forum: Technology July 12th 08, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Calab
Solar charger... (was Best battery deals in Canada? Solar chargers drain the battery in the dark?)

| In other words, read the manual....

Awww... That's no fun!

: )

Thanks... Going to be out today looking them over.
Forum: Technology July 12th 08, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
| In article <m2Mdk.91905$gc5.23257@pd7urf2no>, Calab > wrote:
| >The battery in my van is...
Forum: Technology July 11th 08, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Calab

"Calab" > wrote in message

| The battery in my van is having issues. The van is actually put into use
| only about a dozen times a year. It's...
Forum: Technology July 11th 08, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Calab
Battery group size codes?

Just curious as to what the letters in a battery group size code means.

For example, for my van I see the following size:

- 75
- 75DT
- 75DTO

The van uses side terminals.
Forum: Technology July 11th 08, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Calab
Best battery deals in Canada? Solar chargers drain the battery in the dark?

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
| In article <m2Mdk.91905$gc5.23257@pd7urf2no>, Calab > wrote:
| >The battery in my van is...
Forum: Technology July 11th 08, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Calab
Best battery deals in Canada? Solar chargers drain the battery in the dark?

The battery in my van is having issues. The van is actually put into use
only about a dozen times a year. It's a 1986 Chevy G10 van. No options
except an overdrive transmission - not even a...
Forum: Technology July 8th 08, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By Calab
What gets damaged when the engine is over-revved?

> Well you just explained in full the limits of your thought process.
> But here's the deal-> The owner of the car asked the guy to shift. It
> would be folly to attempt to explain "reasonable" to...
Forum: Technology July 7th 08, 02:29 AM Posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Calab
Taurus: bent strut?

"bob urz" > wrote in message
| My wife's 93 wagon got hit slightly in the front passenger side just in
| front and across the front...
Forum: Technology July 6th 08, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Calab
Put Magnet Inside oil filter?

wrote:
| >Recently purchased a...
Forum: Technology July 5th 08, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"Denny B" > wrote in message
| Question is, is it OK to drop a small magnet into the bottom
| INSIDE of the ENGINE OIL FILTER and use the oil...
Forum: Technology July 4th 08, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By Calab
What gets damaged when the engine is over-revved?

| > If the engine specifications state that 5000 rpm is within the operating
| > range of the motor, then running at 5000 rpm in first or fourth gear is
| > ACCEPTABLE. IF it fails within it's normal...
Forum: Technology July 3rd 08, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 33
Posted By Calab
Engine Cleaning

| On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 21:56:44 -0700 (PDT),
| wrote:
|
| >Just make sure you don't get water into the alternator, AC clutch or
| >other open electrical parts.

And I suppose you...
Forum: Technology July 3rd 08, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By Calab
What gets damaged when the engine is over-revved?

| > And I happen to disagree COMPLETELY with that claim. The difference in
| > real component stress between 3k and 5k rpm is not that large.
|
| Wrong, Some loads increase geometrically all increase...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 83