Old May 23rd 05, 02:37 PM
HG97TJ

Default "Lights on" chime not working (97 TJ - doors ON)

I see there are quite a few posts on this topic but I'm not able to
find the answer to the problem. The "lights on" chime when the engine
is turned off is not working on my 97 TJ. I searched older posts and
realize that the #4 fuse behind the glove box needs to be in for this
chime to work (along with the "keys in" buzzer and the door switch that
controls the interior lights, which are also not working). Assuming
the #4 fuse was blown I replaced it and still no luck. I drive with
the doors on (so far) and frequently forget to turn the lights out.

Also, based on some of the scratches on the doors I'm guessing the
previous owner removed the doors frequently. Is it possible ALL of
these features were disabled another way other than pulling the #4
fuse?

Any troubleshooting suggestions appreciated.

Howie
97 TJ Sport