Old March 4th 05, 09:58 PM
The Real Tom

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 14:28:02 GMT, "Fantine" > wrote:

> Wonderful. I picked this place because it got good ratings from AAA and
>local magazines. So much for that!

Don't feel bad. I once agreed to a dealer replacing the 'valve cover
gasket' (~$100+)and less than a year later, the same dealer said I
needed the "cam cover gasket" replaced. I asked how did it fail in 6
months. They said they had no record of the cam cover gasket ever
being replaced, I say it's the same cover, just before for you guys
refered to as the valve cover. He shrugged his sholders and said,
this is no valve cover, so no gasket, I have no clue what you had done
in the past.

I refused it, and replaced it myself for 20 bucks. Plus you can guess
I didn't go back to them ever again.

Not saying you were scammed, but in the process of tracking down the
SES light, they might have noticed a leak, and rather than retorqueing
the hold downs, you got a whole new gasket.

later,

tom @ www.Love-Calculators.com