Old November 21st 09, 10:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_2_]

Default Ford's "Easy Fuel" capless fuel filler?

Mike Romain wrote:
> CWLee wrote:
>>

>> Here is the potential problem I'm wondering if any of you have faced.
>> The website also suggests that gas can be placed into your tank ONLY
>> with a properly sized nozzle from a gas pump.

> Gas pump nozzles have been like that for years, ever since unleaded gas
> came in. The pump nozzle for unleaded gas is smaller than one for
> leaded gas so you can't put leaded in by mistake.
>
> They also make gas cans nozzles 'unleaded' size and gravity gets by the
> internal 'valve' I have even seen those one way anti siphon 'valves' as
> a simple coil spring inside the tube.

My 67 Barracuda had a quick-fill chrome cap that you opened by pressing
on the release on the side and flipped it open. That was certainly "
"boss." My mother 70 Barracuda had the filler located behind the spring
loaded license plate holder. That was "not too cool." I'm glad that
they're trying to make gimmicky gas fillers again.