Old November 21st 09, 10:49 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Default Ford's "Easy Fuel" capless fuel filler?

dsi1 > wrote:

>My 67 Barracuda had a quick-fill chrome cap that you opened by pressing
>on the release on the side and flipped it open. That was certainly "
>"boss." My mother 70 Barracuda had the filler located behind the spring
>loaded license plate holder. That was "not too cool." I'm glad that
>they're trying to make gimmicky gas fillers again.

Agreed. The current Ford system is definitely "far out." Since the
current generation of gas cans has a nozzle specifically designed to
fit like the filler nozzle on the pump, I don't see that it would be
any issue. "Totally wicked" quick-fill systems should function in a
"groovy way" with the modern cans.

There are some old cans out there that don't have a long nozzle on
them, just a short spout. Those would work with cars designed for
leaded gas, but when unleaded came along the modern narrow nozzle
standard came out specifically to prevent "hodads" from pouring
leaded gas into a car designed only for unleaded.
--scott