Old August 15th 08, 12:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
One out of many Daves[_2_]

Default stripped oil strainer stud

so the 8mm section is stripped out?
Try some of the epoxy stuff to resecure the 8mm section. Liquid Metal, JB
Weld, even Locktite has something that might work to secure that stud.
I would also suggest you install one of the oil plates with the drain plug
in the center so that you rarely have to take the plate off.