Old October 14th 09, 01:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Wao

Default '90 Golf faltering for a second. Transfer fuel pump?

"Tony49122" > ha escrit al
> What are your symptoms? Stalls? Or falters but eventually keeps
> running? Very predictable or very intermittent?

Thanks for writing back, Tony! :-)

The engine may falter many times in a row, but it keeps running and it's
totally unpredictable. This issue may not show up for like a couple months
then do it non-stop for a week. This has been happening on and off for over
a hundred thousand miles now. The relay #109 is in like new
condition--replaced once. I took the car to many car mechanics --both VW
dealers and independent-- but they didn't seem to have a clue about this
engine problem. Nothing seems to be recorded permanently on the on-board
computer.