Old November 5th 16, 08:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Budd Cochran[_2_]

Default Transmission Over Temp - 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

"Kc P Southard" > wrote in
message oups.com...
> replying to Kit Kat, Kc P Southard wrote:
> In most cases a sealed transmission can have anywhere from 100s to
> thousands
> of internal moving alot of which that while failing can cause the exact
> same
> symptoms as other failing parts. That said ive been in the transmission
> rebuilding business for over 25 years and i cannot count the amount of
> customers who get angry because i am unable to tell them what part is
> actually
> failing or combined parts. Look if this work was easy more mechanucs would
> do
> it i cannot put my reputatiob in jeopardy. If the consumer likes as i run
> ny
> business you are more then welcone to have joe blow who told you a set
> price.
> I guarantee he wont be in business very long
>
> --
> for full context, visit
> http://www.motorsforum.com/jeep/tran...do-103692-.htm

What has happened is there have been too many fly-by-night
"mechanic/technicians" that rather than diagnose the actual problem and fix
choose to throw expensive part after expensive part at a problem and charge
the customer a ridiculous markup to cover their lack of skill.

And now customers expect fixed estimates for repairs that cannot be
estimated.

Budd

---